• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unicorn

Prototype 2 again...

Alright I need to settle this once and for all, because there's been confusion in the past. How is the port of that game? Sometimes I hear it's complete shit, other times people say "no that's the first game that has a shit port", and other times I hear it's shit only for AMD people (nvidia here so no problem with that).

I enjoyed the first game when it came out, more than crackdown and infamous 1, so I want to try this one but not if it's going to give me a lot of problems.
Prototype 2 itself isn't as good as 1, imo

The New Vegas UE was $5 on the Uplay store (supposedly comes with a Steam code in the email) - don't know if that's still going on.

Kind of weak deals all around.

I was expecting ME2 to be $7.50, not $5. That is so good! I would get the Digital Deluxe Edition, but it only seems to have artwork, soundtracks, etc. I don't really need that stuff.

Enco

If a game is in the Humble Store, there's literally no reason to buy it from Steam.

Usually the price is lower and you get a Steam key as well as a DRM free copy.

Risk of Rain, The Swapper, Guacamelee and Papers Please are all examples.

Derrick01

Banned
Do I need to have played Fallout 3 to enjoy New Vegas?

Not at all. If anything playing F3 first may actually help you appreciate New Vegas more because it's such a vastly and objectively superior RPG. NV+ the DLC is probably the finest RPG experience you can have that came out of last generation.

Deadlight is really bad? or I mistake it for other game?
It has a really good first third, a mediocre middle, and an agrivating ending. The mechanics were made for a game that didn't have as much unneeded action. It tries to go twitchy with a control set that's not prepared for it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
surprised everyone isnt going bananas over Spelunky, guess everyone got it the other day when it was a flash deal

drizzle

Axel Hertz
If a game is in the Humble Store, there's literally no reason to buy it from Steam.

Usually the price is lower and you get a Steam key as well as a DRM free copy.

Except if you live in Brazil, where the fact that the Brazilian Store has cheaper prices and the dollar-reais conversion rate make your affirmation incorrect.

Proc

Didn't even know risk of rain existed...guess I'll be checking that game out today to see if its my sort of thing.

Today I'm for sure grabbing: Assetto Corsa (recent g27 owner), spelunky, and the swapper.

Saiyan-Rox

always hated the Fallout Series...ALWAYS!

I didn't mind fallout 3 but new vegas was god awful. i did get it on release on PS3 and it was a buggy pile of shit (should have known better with beth games and PS3) which could have tainted my first impressions....dunno if i'd ever give it another go.

What do people think the chances are of Enslaved going down more?

Enco

Except if you live in Brazil, where the fact that the Brazilian Store has cheaper prices and the dollar-reais conversion rate make your affirmation incorrect.

That's true. Russia as well. The US may be similar but if you're in the UK it's 100% true.

redfirm

Banned
I didn't mind fallout 3 but new vegas was god awful. i did get it on release on PS3 and it was a buggy pile of shit (should have known better with beth games and PS3) which could have tainted my first impressions....dunno if i'd ever give it another go

just dont. get skyrim, which is soo goooddd

Not at all. If anything playing F3 first may actually help you appreciate New Vegas more because it's such a vastly and objectively superior RPG. NV+ the DLC is probably the finest RPG experience you can have that came out of last generation.
Holy shit, Derrick praising a game? Now I definitely need to get FNV

Have the major bugs and glitches been fixed?

Least100Seraphs

Neo Member
I've been tempted by Prototype and Prototype 2 a few times, but the insane price for it just puts me off. Even at 75% off, Prototype 2 is $17.50USD for me (Australia) and that's just ridiculous.

Derrick01

Banned
Is FNV Lonesome Road worth getting? Or I'll just get regular NV plus the other two packs

They're all worth having, but Lonesome Road is more about the story/writing than gameplay improvements. I've only played through it once but I remember the area being much more linear than the main game and the other DLCs because it kind of leads you to the finale by gradually building it up as you progress through the area. I guess they couldn't find a way to do that with a more open area.

More_Badass said:
Holy shit, Derrick praising a game? Now I definitely need to get FNV

Have the major bugs and glitches been fixed?

I don't love much, but the games I do love I love em hard.

I've never really had bug issues with Bethesda or Obsidian games on any platform so I'm not the best judge of that. Whatever wasn't patched out can likely be fixed with mods by now though.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
How is Heroes VI? $10 for the whole set doesn't seem bad if it's a decent take on the game.

Arthea

It has a really good first third, a mediocre middle, and an agrivating ending. The mechanics were made for a game that didn't have as much unneeded action. It tries to go twitchy with a control set that's not prepared for it.

Thanks for your impressions, gonna skip it.

Danielsan

0Hh00bS.png

Bought!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom