• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The New Vegas UE was $5 on the Uplay store (supposedly comes with a Steam code in the email) - don't know if that's still going on.

Kind of weak deals all around.

Yeah. The only reason why we should wait for the next daily deals are price mistakes. Because we all know what tomorrow comes.

Here the list from derExperte :
Today's Daily Deals include:
Grand Theft Auto IV 75% off
Alan Wake 90% off
Kerbal Space Program 40% off
Metro: Last Light 66% off
Rising Storm 75% off
Game Dev Tycoon 50% off
Outlast 66% off
Farming Simulator 2013 50% off
Injustice: Gods Among Us 50% off

Edit: Sorry was the wrong list.

Should I give New Vegas a shot if I didn't enjoy Fallout 3 much? I remember I stopped playing that after a few hours (don't really recall why). I am tempted by New Vegas because of Obsidian. Alpha Protocol was one of my favourite games from the last gen.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone who cares about simracing games needs to get in on this flash deal ASAP

25% discount to make a $30 Flash Sale? Good luck.

You'd be dumb not to wait for a better sale down the road unless you're just chomping at the bit to play the game, in which case you'd have probably already bought it for $10 more.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
If you haven't gotten Spelunky yet, do it. Click that little buy button, get yourself a third of a snowglobe card.

Also strong recommendations for Risk of Rain and Fallout New Vegas. Going to grab the Swapper myself.

DukeBobby

0Hh00bS.png

Bought!

14qlfXm.gif

legacyzero

Banned
Prototype 2 again...

Alright I need to settle this once and for all, because there's been confusion in the past. How is the port of that game? Sometimes I hear it's complete shit, other times people say "no that's the first game that has a shit port", and other times I hear it's shit only for AMD people (nvidia here so no problem with that).

I enjoyed the first game when it came out, more than crackdown and infamous 1, so I want to try this one but not if it's going to give me a lot of problems.

Derrick:

It's not terrible (Prototype 2). I'm at 1080p with full AA and running at 60fps. It can be a bit jerky at times, and if you want a resolution higher than 1080, I think you have to hit up the .cfg file.

Otherwise, I think it's solid.

Should I give New Vegas a shot if I didn't enjoy Fallout 3 much? I remember I stopped playing that after a few hours (don't really recall why). I am tempted by New Vegas because of Obsidian. Alpha Protocol was one of my favourite games from the last gen.

Did you dislike Fallout 3 because of the gameplay? Don't get New Vegas.

Did you dislike Fallout 3 because it didn't have a compelling story or characters? Absolutely get New Vegas.

Terra_Ex

Yes, it's far superior since Obsidian actually have talented writers and a team who understands how to make an rpg.

FloatOn

FINISHED CASTLEVANIA LORDS OF SHADOW!

well, the main game anyway. I've got those 2 dlc chapters to knock out. Once I do that I'll probably do a LttP thing.

anyway, sale talk. If you people missed Spelunky last time, no excuses: buy buy buy

- J - D -

Just to be sure, if I got ME2 on Steam, I'd need the Bioware space bucks to buy any DLC at pretty much full retail price still, correct?

Nah. All it will give you is a bit more understanding of the systems running and how vats works, but it's easy enough to pick up.

Currently, yes. I'm not sure if they've ever been on sale. :(

Not at all. If anything playing F3 first may actually help you appreciate New Vegas more because it's such a vastly and objectively superior RPG. NV+ the DLC is probably the finest RPG experience you can have that came out of last generation.

Thanks, Derrick! Wasn't considering the DLC, but they are on sale as well, so I can't fight the impulse.

So, am I missing out on anything by not picking up the DLC for Fallout New Vegas? If there's no real reason to, I might as well just pick up the base game.

maty

Would anyone like to trade The Swapper for Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed? If not I still have 2 more days to sell more cards.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I have Eden on PS3, is this version any different at all? Did the PS3 version run 1080p?

The Swapper is a must have. If there's one word that sums up the whole atmosphere and vibe, it's "haunting". Just eerie and unsettling, plus a fantastic puzzle mechanic that doesn't get old

Get it. Now

Tizoc

Shoot I just realized Steam updated with new offers, did I miss any mis-pricing?

Anyways The Novelist is $10 on the Humble Store if anyone's interested.

Gonna go grab Enslaved off of Bamco's site.

You must be stronger, everybody said BUY DARK SOULS, but I resisted! :(

Why would you do that? I think for the sale price it's a steal even if GFWL doesn't get patched out. My favorite game of the past few years.

Deadlight for 80% off. Is that good enough to jump in?

I think so. Pretty generic little game, but it's still have a good gameplay. Don't go in expecting the Last of Us though.

I want Risk of Rain and the Swapper but not much savings to bite.

Swapper is worth every penny. My personal GOTY. The atmosphere this puzzler manage to build is incredible. Also, it is definitely a more sophisticated experience since it's story is tackling some deeply philosophical themes. Even if you take away those things, the puzzles are still Portal great.

Sullichin

Anyone picking up Fallout 3/NV should consider the tale of two wastelands mod, which mashes them together in one giant game. It's awesome. It's still in alpha but I've been playing it just fine without any problems, using other mods too. You need all of the DLC and both games to use it.

http://taleoftwowastelands.com/

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I've been tempted by Prototype and Prototype 2 a few times, but the insane price for it just puts me off. Even at 75% off, Prototype 2 is $17.50USD for me (Australia) and that's just ridiculous.

Didn't Amazon do the Prototype pack this year? It had Prototype 1, Prototype 2, the DLC and something else (or maybe just 1 2 and the DLC) for 15 dollars or something like that.

I'd double check.

Alright, reposting this from the last thread. Risk of Rain is on sale for 24 hours. There is NO EXCUSE now. Also, some of what I said doesn't fit but re-editing old posts is for chumps and people with self-respect

-------------------------------------------

Alright gentlemen, Risk of Rain won and it looks like the store messed up a little around it so it kept changing price. Right now, as I look at it is at 6.69.

Please please please don't NOT buy this game because it said it was 70 cents less than it is now. That is a silly reason to not let yourself play an incredibly amazing game. It is less than 10 dollars, it is the price of a decent sandwich. Swallow your pride and take the plunge and you will not be disappointed. I swear to you.

Hell, I'll buy someone a damn copy of the game if it's still too high for you. This is a game that deserves support and play. It is phenomenal. Do not let a mistake that wasn't even the developer's fault hurt them or you. Make the right choice.

*this message has been approved by a really annoying poster who loves Risk of Rain

Derrick01

Banned
Derrick:

It's not terrible (Prototype 2). I'm at 1080p with full AA and running at 60fps. It can be a bit jerky at times, and if you want a resolution higher than 1080, I think you have to hit up the .cfg file.

Otherwise, I think it's solid.

Thanks I think I'll give it a chance. I'm not expecting the game to be much of a looker so if I can just get it at 1080p and a stable 60fps I'll be satisfied.

FINISHED CASTLEVANIA LORDS OF SHADOW!

well, the main game anyway. I've got those 2 dlc chapters to knock out. Once I do that I'll probably do a LttP thing.

anyway, sale talk. If you people missed Spelunky last time, no excuses: buy buy buy

The dlc episodes for LoS were so bad, and I say this as someone who loves the main game. They help explain a couple things about the ending and the sequel, but from a gameplay point of view they're reeeeeeally bad, and the boss is a motherfucker. Get ready to do a lot of jumping attacks when the game wasn't designed for aerial combat.

Is Pixeljunk Eden's soundtrack worth buying? Thinking of picking that up bundled with the game.

Also thanks for the Deadlight impressions. I'm gonna skip that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom