• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

partyboy

Should I give New Vegas a shot if I didn't enjoy Fallout 3 much? I remember I stopped playing that after a few hours (don't really recall why). I am tempted by New Vegas because of Obsidian. Alpha Protocol was one of my favourite games from the last gen.

Hated Fallout 3, loved New Vegas.

The quality of the writing is so beyond what Bethesda managed it's absurd.. And there's a lot more you can do to resolve quests in different ways based on the way you allocate your points. Great game.

gngf123

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Gunstarheroes/wishlist

So, is there anything on this list i should have already bought, or anything on here that i should avoid buying? I'm thinking on biting on a few games like Sword of the Stars: The Pit and Coin Crypt, but any input for someone who is indecisive like me would be helpful

Rogue Legacy and Monaco have already had great sales, and are worth playing.

Recettear is good.

Replace Divekick with a good game.

If only the entire Mass Effect trilogy was available on Steam complete with DLC :-(

Knowing EA, that would be a full $60, and even then it probably wouldn't include everything.

I normally would have jumped on the ME2 deal, but the fact that (a) ME3 is only on Origin, (b) none of the DLC is discounted at all, and (c) the ME Trilogy that was sold on Amazon is missing the majority of ME2 and 3's DLC, has put me right off of it.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I'm was just debating whether or not to pick up the game or get the complete DLC pack as well.

I really liked all of the DLC, but you don't necessarily need all of them.

Of them all, Old World Blues is the best 'open world'-esque DLC (with the caveat of being purposefully insanely campy) , while like Derrick said, Lonesome Road is more story-driven, and ties into the story of the player's past, but is more linear.

Dead Money is polarizing because it strips you all of your weapons, armor, stimpacks, etc.. and you don't find anything of equivalent value for the first few hours. If you don't like scrounging, it's not for you.

Honest Hearts was the most blah out of all the DLC, the verticality of the steppes doesn't mix well with gamebryo's engine, and the story didn't pull me in at all.

Technically, all of the 3 prior DLCs have tie-ins to what happens in Lonesome Road, though.

I normally would have jumped on the ME2 deal, but the fact that (a) ME3 is only on Origin, (b) none of the DLC is discounted at all, and (c) the ME Trilogy that was sold on Amazon is missing the majority of ME2 and 3's DLC, has put me right off of it.

Yeah, same. I was even tempted by the origin deal, but saw just how much DLC was missing. It's absurd.

Shepard

Guys, NewVegas Ultimate or Vanilla? Is the DLC worth it?

If only the entire Mass Effect trilogy was available on Steam complete with DLC :-(

Only reason why I dont double dip. Also, the cost of buying all the DLC separately is pretty high right now.

Prophane33

25% discount to make a $30 Flash Sale? Good luck.

You'd be dumb not to wait for a better sale down the road unless you're just chomping at the bit to play the game, in which case you'd have probably already bought it for $10 more.

Absolutely this. It may seem hypocritical after plunking down 60 bucks for Gran Turismo 6, but I can wait to pick this up for 19.99...or an inevitable lower price. Especially for an early access game.

Alright, reposting this from the last thread. Risk of Rain is on sale for 24 hours. There is NO EXCUSE now. Also, some of what I said doesn't fit but re-editing old posts is for chumps and people with self-respect

-------------------------------------------

Alright gentlemen, Risk of Rain won and it looks like the store messed up a little around it so it kept changing price. Right now, as I look at it is at 6.69.

Please please please don't NOT buy this game because it said it was 70 cents less than it is now. That is a silly reason to not let yourself play an incredibly amazing game. It is less than 10 dollars, it is the price of a decent sandwich. Swallow your pride and take the plunge and you will not be disappointed. I swear to you.

Hell, I'll buy someone a damn copy of the game if it's still too high for you. This is a game that deserves support and play. It is phenomenal. Do not let a mistake that wasn't even the developer's fault hurt them or you. Make the right choice.

*this message has been approved by a really annoying poster who loves Risk of Rain

Can I join your army, the people need to know how good this game actually is!

Laieon

I'm hoping RPG Maker VX pops up as a flash sale at least one more time before the sale ends. I was back and forth on buying it when it was up as a daily deal, and now I regret not doing so. :(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Alright, reposting this from the last thread. Risk of Rain is on sale for 24 hours. There is NO EXCUSE now. Also, some of what I said doesn't fit but re-editing old posts is for chumps and people with self-respect

-------------------------------------------

Alright gentlemen, Risk of Rain won and it looks like the store messed up a little around it so it kept changing price. Right now, as I look at it is at 6.69.

Please please please don't NOT buy this game because it said it was 70 cents less than it is now. That is a silly reason to not let yourself play an incredibly amazing game. It is less than 10 dollars, it is the price of a decent sandwich. Swallow your pride and take the plunge and you will not be disappointed. I swear to you.

Hell, I'll buy someone a damn copy of the game if it's still too high for you. This is a game that deserves support and play. It is phenomenal. Do not let a mistake that wasn't even the developer's fault hurt them or you. Make the right choice.

*this message has been approved by a really annoying poster who loves Risk of Rain

I would buy it if it was 50%, sorry :(

Prophane33

Picked up Risk of Rain, it was a game I completely forgot about after voting for it on Greenlight (like most of the stuff I voted on). Saw the Giantbomb quicklook not too long ago and it definitely sold me, just had to wait to get enough card money for it.

Rogue Legacy and Monaco have already had great sales, and are worth playing.

Recettear is good.

Replace Divekick with a good game.

I may plunge on Monaco, i've wanted it for a quite a while, and i worry it won't be back on sale again before i leave on Tuesday for a week-long vacation, where i'm liable to forget the sale is happening.

Wynnebeck

Banned
I'm so mad I missed the Long Live the Queen deal for $5. Guess I'm just going to get PixelJunk Eden. Impressions on Swapper and Risk of Rain?

Danielsan

vNZvKF1.png

*Sigh* those are some shit rewards...

can you say a little more about what makes this so good, or how it differs from/surpasses spelunky/nuclear throne/rogue legacy/teleglitch

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013

So, is there anything on this list i should have already bought, or anything on here that i should avoid buying? I'm thinking on biting on a few games like Sword of the Stars: The Pit and Coin Crypt, but any input for someone who is indecisive like me would be helpful

I bought Rogue Legacy for $5, and I am enjoying it very much. The default keyboard controls are a bit janky, but if you use wasd+space for moving and the numpad for attacking the game will work well.

I would avoid buying Divekick unless you are playing co-op with friends. It's not a very deep game, but it may be fine to play 20 or 30 minutes with a friend.

legacyzero

Banned
I'm hoping RPG Maker VX pops up as a flash sale at least one more time before the sale ends. I was back and forth on buying it when it was up as a daily deal, and now I regret not doing so. :(

It's certainly the best RM yet. Only problem is, IT ONLY SUPPORTS 480P

I didn't know that until I had purchased it and started MY project on it. I was pretty pissed.

Yeah. The only reason why we should wait for the next daily deals are price mistakes. Because we all know what tomorrow comes.

Here the list from derExperte :
Today's Daily Deals include:
Grand Theft Auto IV 75% off
Alan Wake 90% off
Kerbal Space Program 40% off
Metro: Last Light 66% off
Rising Storm 75% off
Game Dev Tycoon 50% off
Outlast 66% off
Farming Simulator 2013 50% off
Injustice: Gods Among Us 50% off

Indeed. Metro LL and Alan Wake are the only ones that look good in terms of deals. However, I may wait for the Amazon EC sale to pick up the former if the deal is good enough.

I bought Rogue Legacy for $5, and I am enjoying it very much. The default keyboard controls are a bit janky, but if you use wasd+space for moving and the numpad for attacking the game will work well.

I would avoid buying Divekick unless you are playing co-op with friends. It's not a very deep game, but it may be fine to play 20 or 30 minutes with a friend.

Divekick is only on there is if goes on sale. I dig the game and the devs enough to throw them 3 bucks for it.

Least100Seraphs

Neo Member
Didn't Amazon do the Prototype pack this year? It had Prototype 1, Prototype 2, the DLC and something else (or maybe just 1 2 and the DLC) for 15 dollars or something like that.

I'd double check.

Seems so but I'd need to set up a US account with US billing info in order to buy it. So unfortunately that's basically just as useless. :/

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I really liked all of the DLC, but you don't necessarily need all of them.

Of them all, Old World Blues is the best 'open world'-esque DLC (with the caveat of being purposefully insanely campy) , while like Derrick said, Lonesome Road is more story-driven, and ties into the story of the player's past, but is more linear.

Dead Money is polarizing because it strips you all of your weapons, armor, stimpacks, etc.. and you don't find anything of equivalent value for the first few hours. If you don't like scrounging, it's not for you.

Honest Hearts was the most blah out of all the DLC, the verticality of the steppes doesn't mix well with gamebryo's engine, and the story didn't pull me in at all.

Technically, all of the 3 prior DLCs have tie-ins to what happens in Lonesome Road, though.

Thanks. I do want to bite. I wish that Steam put the DLC at 75% off as well.

can you say a little more about what makes this so good, or how it differs from/surpasses spelunky/nuclear throne/rogue legacy/teleglitch

The design is just spot on, timed without a feeling of being rushed, you actually want to play the game without forcing yourself, more and more enemies on screen, fill up the screens with power ups, music and stages get better and better as you go on, the aesthetic looks amazing once it starts flowing, a ton of classes, no stupid grinding like RL just play the game, deep action based rogue like, etc etc etc etc... awesome game.

Gurrry

It's certainly the best RM yet. Only problem is, IT ONLY SUPPORTS 480P

I didn't know that until I had purchased it and started MY project on it. I was pretty pissed.

Does it still have the same dumb ass fighting mechanic? Id like to make a hack and slash game with it.. but ive never seen it done without some serious coding.

Already Bought:
Super House of Dead Ninjas
DLC Quest
La Mulana
Sequence
Recettear
Surgeon Simulator
Völgarr
Rogue Legacy
Game Dev Tycoon
Might like it if you... :
Killing Floor (If you have friends that are playing with you)
Awesomenauts (if you like 2D Mobas)
Outlast (If you just ignore the tedious gameplay.)
Gone Home (You pay for an hour game that is all about exploring a boring house and reading notes. And the "story" isnt something special. But others will say to you that its the greatest "game" ever made. If you are into experiences then its something for you. If you want a game then not.)
Dont buy: Dungeon Hearts

eot

Banned
What's The Swapper about?

It's a 2D puzzle game, a bit like Braid meets Portal. If you like that kind of puzzle game definitely get it. Personally I think it's almost as good as those two. Super polished game, fantastic puzzle design, great artstyle and atmosphere plus a fairly interesting story. It looks like how you'd want a new 2D Metroid to look and has a similar atmosphere.

How are the Harry Potter Lego games?
I am tempted to bite (maybe wait until flash sale), they look rather cool

I played years 1-4. I enjoyed it a lot. It's a good tight experience, doesn't take too long to get 100%, and it gets the Harry Potter "feel" down cold. I didn't get the other one because after seeing the fifth movie I was done with the series.

The design is just spot on, timed without a feeling of being rushed, you actually want to play the game without forcing yourself, more and more enemies on screen, fill up the screens with power ups, music and stages get better and better as you go on, the aesthetic looks amazing once it starts flowing, a ton of classes, no stupid grinding like RL just play the game, deep action based rogue like, etc etc etc etc... awesome game.

thanks for that, all i needed to hear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom