• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Earth Defense Force has Bumble Bees the size of tanks and Spiders the size of skyscrapers?

Bought, but what's the multiplayer component?

Anybody grabbing Spelunky (for high score chasing) or Risk of Rain ( today, feel free to add me. My Steam profile link is in my GAF profile.

Anybody who hasn't grabbed them today but still has them, feel free to do the same. But maybe not if you're too good at Spelunky. I like being at the top of my friends list.

Added you. I'm sure my Spelunkying will quickly get better until it heavily plateaus out well below yours. Other than that, I play a lot of bad games so...cheers!

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I wanted to do something different, but I can't manage to send the same games to the same email (I guess I have to wait a certain amount of time), so I guess it'll be this for now.
If the email you're sending this to is a Gmail address, you can put in/remove periods and Steam will assume it's a different email. So if you've got, say, two copies of LLTQ, you can send one to buttsmcbutts@gmail.com and one to butts.mcbutts@gmail.com and they'll end up in the same inbox.

Very convenient when you've got many many copies of the same game to give away.

Chunky

Yeah, I pretty much just stopped playing once I 100%ed it but maybe a little friendly competition will rekindle that spelunking fire.

Shit... I can't even imagine what 100% Spelunky is like.
I've only just swapped over from the free version, so my scores probably make me seem like a n00b.

Still, this Daily Challenge shit seems pretty cool!

Hagi

So whats up with the DLC for Mass Effect 2 not being on Steam? i want to buy the collection but no DLC is making me waver. I loved the two games when i had my 360(RIP).

Lain

If the email you're sending this to is a Gmail address, you can put in/remove periods and Steam will assume it's a different email. So if you've got, say, two copies of LLTQ, you can send one to buttsmcbutts@gmail.com and one to butts.mcbutts@gmail.com and they'll end up in the same inbox.

Very convenient when you've got many many copies of the same game to give away.

That's good to know. Just add 1 period in a random spot? I'm gonna try it now.

Edit: Worked perfectly, thanks!

derExperte

So whats up with the DLC for Mass Effect 2 not being on Steam? i want to buy the collection but no DLC is making me waver. I loved the two games when i had my 360(RIP).

Only available through the in-game store which means you'll be paying way too much. ME3 is the same.

Triggaaar

Neo Member
Only Snow Globe #8 required please.
Got number #3, #7 & #10 available.

I'm within touching distance of creating something quite pointless!

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Been playing the heck out of GT6, one of my favorite racing games ever. As someone that purchased both, do you think all the hate on FM5 is warranted? How does it compared to GT6 (or more fairly FM4)? Are the microtranscations that bad?
It was that bad. They tuned it to be more fair, though. The racing feels really good so I live with it.

denx

The Mass Effect 2 DLC is only available through the Bioware Social Network. And Bioware points are never on sale. :/

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I read Fapsized lol.

the-sexiest-amy-adams-gifs-0023.gif

Nzyme32

Yeah, just make sure to alt tab back into the steam client to resume the download

And lol, feels bad, last night I said that TQ and Eden would win...and they did :(

You don't even need to do that any more. Under settings>downloads, set the global setting to always allow downloads in the background. You can either alt tab out to turn it off if you are going to play an online game, or (the better option) right click any game you intend to play online and set to not allow downloads in the background (unless you want ridiculous ping and you want to get kicked from servers). Alternately, for online games, you can set steam to throttle download speeds, if you absolutely have to download while playing online, although I have no idea if that's gonna work.

I think, correct me anyone if I'm wrong, you can get them through your Live account if you bought them through XBLA.

You'd have to unlock them through BioWare/EA though by connecting your Live account.

If anyone wants to add me to fill more of their Spelunky daily leaderboard entries feel free: http://steamcommunity.com/id/buysomeapples/

I've been getting embarrassingly low scores lately, I get rusty only playing once a day.

So Speklunky, is it random dungeons or is there a linear progression with a story?

And I wish Maluana had the option to change to keys around.
Randomized levels with a linear progression. No real story to speak of.

Crafted my snowglobe! I got a background (worth 4 cents apparently) and a "rare emoticon" - ooh, gotta be worth something! ... 13 cents. What you guys are selling that you're managing to purchase games with them is beyond me.

Chunky

That feeling you get when you see a game on sale, click on a game to find out more about it, then watch the trailer and say to yourself, "damn that shit looks cool. might need to pick this up..."

....only to scroll down and find out that you actually own it and have no idea when you bought it.

Feels like shame. Yep, shame.

The Humble Bundle's have turned this sale into a train of shame for me. I should not be allowed to spend my own money over the internet. Or in general...

If anyone wants to add me to fill more of their Spelunky daily leaderboard entries feel free: http://steamcommunity.com/id/buysomeapples/

I've been getting embarrassingly low scores lately, I get rusty only playing once a day.

Randomized levels with a linear progression. No real story to speak of.
Ok. Still pretty fun but it seems like more of a high scoring/challenge game. Not really my kind of plat forming. I prefer games like LaMulana.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I think, correct me anyone if I'm wrong, you can get them through your Live account if you bought them through XBLA.

You'd have to unlock them through BioWare/EA though by connecting your Live account.

Whoa, what?

This could change my not getting ME2, but I can't imagine that EA would let you skip out on double dipping.

RS4-

You don't even need to do that any more. Under settings>downloads, set the global setting to always allow downloads in the background. You can either alt tab out to turn it off if you are going to play an online game, or (the better option) right click any game you intend to play online and set to not allow downloads in the background (unless you want ridiculous ping and you want to get kicked from servers). Alternately, for online games, you can set steam to throttle download speeds, if you absolutely have to download while playing online, although I have no idea if that's gonna work.

Thanks did not know that, I guess it's a little weird since I don't have those options in the Metro skin, aside from limiting the bandwidth

Crafted my snowglobe! I got a background (worth 4 cents apparently) and a "rare emoticon" - ooh, gotta be worth something! ... 13 cents. What you guys are selling that you're managing to purchase games with them is beyond me.
Each of the cards you used would have netted you more than that, you sell the cards, not the craft rewards! :p

Unless of course you get absurdly lucky in this instance and net one of the rare game items as one of the rewards.

Tizoc

Well I'm off to bed, see u when the new community and flash deals are up~

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Long live the queen -- MB-DCD86A34AE06BDA9

t1388427744z1.png

Decker

I got Spelunky and it's very nice game

the only thing I don't like about it is sometimes control are confusing

for example you automatically grab the ledge by moving towards, but for the lianas/ropes you have to press up or you will simply fly through them

or you go up a ladder reaching a platform, you are on the top, platform is exactly on your side but you can't go left/right, you need to jump

I think it's counterintuitive and can cause frustrating deaths

I am at second world (jungle), any tips to kill/distract piranas ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom