• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triggaaar

Neo Member
Stop Press:

I am about to craft my first ever Steam Badge, using the ultra rare Snow Globes (I know, I've pinched myself, and it's really happening).

Understandably, this is the most exciting day of my year, and I'd like to share that excitement with you: what will the badge be...
(feel free to guess, mucho Kudos to be won)

soontroll

Banned
Stop Press:

I am about to craft my first ever Steam Badge, using the ultra rare Snow Globes (I know, I've pinched myself, and it's really happening).

Understandably, this is the most exciting day of my year, and I'd like to share that excitement with you: what will the badge be...

with the foil ones? Why not sell them?

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Stop Press:

10 copies of Bad Rats. All permanently ingrained in your library.

GuessWho

got wofl among us - finished that
got guacamelee - finished that
got brothers - just finished that.
What a Christmas break. Thank you Steam!

AsylumX

I can't believe that Sonic Kart didn't got a deal yet... Been waiting for the whole sale to get it. I couldn't pick it up during the free weekend...

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Still going through all of these Steam games I don't own or have wishlisted. Doingthis has confirmed my wallet won't be safe anytime soon.

maty

So, I finished Nihilumbra after reading toddhunter recommendation.

It is an enjoyable game but nothing amazing. Nihilumbra is a 2D puzzle platformer much like Braid but in this case you do not manipulate time, you can paint the different surfaces changing it's properties with each different color. Light blue simulates ice, green makes you or whatever falls on it bounce and so on.

The game consists of 5 worlds with 7-8 parts each. It's a little heavy with the narrations but since the main game can be finished in 2-3 hours, it's not too bothersome. Once you beat it, you can replay the game in void mode which is basically the same game with harder puzzles and certain color restrictions depending on the stage.

If you like this kind of game I'd recommend buying it when it's cheap or wait until it appears in a bundle.

Miker

It sucks being stuck at home visiting parents and not having access to your gaming PC. I'm buying all these games and I can't play any of them until I get back to my apartment, but by then, it's back to the grindstone.

Wolfie5

Bought Spelunky, The Swapper and Torchlight 2.

Started looking at games I will buy at the last day of sale. So far I have found:

Bionic Commando 2,49€
Lost Planet 3,74€

Is there a thread with good deals, that isn´t only an indie thread? (I feel I have pretty good check on the indie games)

Hubb

Congrats to the first place winner of the "Rce". Whoever they were, they were in a race of their own. 1st place by 10 seconds.

TheBear

Does anyone have any spare summer cards they are willing to part with, I need #1 & #3.

The slope continues to get more slippery

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
What's the over/under on The Wolf Among Us getting a decent discount?

I would be shocked if it didn't get down to at least $15 before the season is finished. Likely $10. I think I saw someone selling a key for $12 in the B/S/T thread at some point.

Radio

I wonder when the contests will start...

"Will give out a free plushie to one lucky winner who has crafted a level 5 badge for Our Game."

Or we should at least get some new skills for leveling up. I haven't tried lockpicking or anything lately, but I bet I'm still a level one.

Morzak

I feel the Swapper is a child of Braid, wrapped up in a similarly good presentation. It doesn't have quite the same revelatory pay off at the end. If you like exploring sci fi worlds give it a go. I think it's an under appreciated game.

It's my favourite game of the year...... It's as close as you can get to a must buy at that price point.. Atmosphere is great the game design and mechanics play nicely into the story and subject matter and the puzzle design is just amazingly well done for the most part. Oh and I love the art style.

Triggaaar

Neo Member
Stop Press:

Ok, here goes...

Crafting... oo, it's spinning my beautiful Globes round with the wonder of Willy Wonker and the Chocolate Factory!

and....
I've got a snowflake...
an Assassin's Creed background - er
and...
a non tradeable Team Fortress 2 Portable Smissmas Spirit Dispenser

What the fuck? This is the worst day of my life.

Tellaerin

Maybe it's better in co-op, but playing Risk of Rain solo was one of the poorer gaming experiences I've had during this sale. The lack of fun was shocking.

I'm starting to feel better about the idea of passing on Risk of Rain for something else, at least until the price drops a little more.

Freezard

There's cheaper sets if you're only using them for leveling.
http://ehsankia.com/steam/cards/

Wow that site is great, bookmarked it.

I wonder when the contests will start...

"Will give out a free plushie to one lucky winner who has crafted a level 5 badge for Our Game."

One game actually had a reward for crafting the badge and foil badge, but it's been the only one as far as I know. The rewards were extra space ships... Beat Hazard I think.

maty

Fair point, but the context was $2 or whatever it was, which I think is a very good pickup.

Yes, of course. I also bought it from GMG for $2, I don't regret it if not I wouldn't have finished it :)

And since I upvoted it on greenlight I was looking forward to try it out.

I like puzzle platformers, already finished Braid, Escape Goat, Closure, Blocks that Matter, among others.

usea

oh fuck, I accidentally spent my wallet balance when I bought some games. I was gonna use that on the snow globe cards I needed :((((( I got it from selling my extra cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom