• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chunky

I usually avoid jumpin' into the friend add pile because I have a feeling no one would be interested but

http://steamcommunity.com/id/buysomeapples

If you'd like to add me feel free! We can look at each other from afar, probably never directly communicating. I'll toss thumb ups your way in activity feed entries, but I know in my heart we'll eventually drift apart. One day you'll remove me from your list and I'll notice my FL number drop, then lose sleep about it drowning my sorrows in alcohol trying to pin down who it was that disappeared.
If it keeps you off of suicide watch, I'll be your Steam Best Friend. PM your address and I'll send you out the paperwork.

derFeef

That's very fast, I have 16 hours on record and am usually not the slowest player. But one hour was probably wasted by exploring areas I would have come to anyway.

wow! the thought of being only halfway through is kind of bumming me out. Like I said I really like it but reading that I have the fear it's overstaying it's welcome.

I usually avoid jumpin' into the friend add pile because I have a feeling no one would be interested but

http://steamcommunity.com/id/buysomeapples

If you'd like to add me feel free! We can look at eachother from afar, probably never directly communicating. I'll toss thumb ups your way in activity feed entries, but I know in my heart we'll eventually drift apart. One day you'll remove me from your list and I'll notice my FL number drop, then lose sleep about it drowning my sorrows in alcohol trying to pin down who it was that disappeared.
Oh jeez, are you me? I'll add you, dude.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I love how half of the screenshots for the movie adaption game for Iron Sky highlight this woman and their live-action video segments.

ss_632edc1204e0ca6af35c572d47d354fd700b017c.600x338.jpg

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Added a few more people, I'm maty on steam so you might want to add a nickname.

Whoever didn't add me yet some days ago, my id is in my profile. :)
This is a good idea, I'll start using the nickname feature for Gaffers with a different handle on Steam.

I love how half of the screenshots for the movie adaption game for Iron Sky highlight this woman and their live-action video segments.

ss_632edc1204e0ca6af35c572d47d354fd700b017c.600x338.jpg
lol, this picture reminded me of the Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II live action cutscenes for some reason.

TheBear

So I've earned all the card drops in Sonic Transformed, do I have to keep playing to earn the booster cards? How does one earn a foil?

derExperte

wow! the thought of being only halfway through is kind of bumming me out. Like I said I really like it but reading that I have the fear it's overcoming it's welcome.

I loved every second and appreciated Infinite and TLOU partly because they were longer than most other AAA single player games. But I can see some parts later on dragging if you're not 100% into it. Where exactly are you now (better spoiler tag that)?

Zafir

I've seen a lot of games in the past couple hours as I look over Steam games I wanted to make a comment on, but have restrained myself until now.

But now I must comment on this.

The characters in this game sure do have quite the poker face.

0000004467.600x338.jpg
Hah, I played that game quite a bit way back when, the dialogue was rather amusing if I recall.

derFeef

I loved every second and I appreciated Infinite and TLOU partly because they were longer than most other AAA single player games. But I can see some parts later on dragging if you're not 100% into it. Where exactly are you now (better spoiler tag that)?

9 hours in -
met old Elizabeth in the 1980's
- which was very awesome btw.

Playing slowly and taking many screenshots, but I find the combat really easy on normal.

edit: sorry my english fails me again today... :(

Myshkin

Will be back tomorrow, after the daily deals roll over.

--

I will trade globe for globe for any globe.
Valve ID is in my profile, just make me a globe trade offer and send friend invite if necessary.

Currently have globes:

Will update this post with current globes. Am around for another hour or so.

But that's where the fun begins :(

Also, the chance of getting invaded on PC (sans friend fix) is pretty low. **** gfwl.

In my 12hrs of Dark Souls I have been invaded 3 or 4 times and that's low!? Is there a way to block peeps from messing with my single player experience?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Who the hell at Valve is such a big fan of all of these cluttered-as-hell hidden item games!? There's been so many, these screenshots are all of different games that have popped up in the last five minutes of my searches:

ss_e1b22ec41997f1a6e7a074beebfa50f39173979e.600x338.jpg

0000008172.600x338.jpg

0000008181.600x338.jpg

0000007035.600x338.jpg

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
I'm streaming the Dunder Cup on my Twitch, so come on and join!

http://www.twitch.tv/japanesedorito

Well that was interesting.

We done world 4 and I managed to finish 2nd overall with a win on Race of AGES then we done one more race and my kart wouldn't transform in lap 3 and ended up in a wall :(

Still was great fun and the Race of AGES was intense, especially at the end (Sorry Hakuei!) so thanks for the game guys and to Dunder for hosting!

Wow Risk of Rain is really hard. Finally beat the first level after about 40 minutes of playing. Quickly died within like two minutes in the second level. Really cool looking game though, I imagine it will be fun to play with others.

Dunder Cup was fun, didn't really have a chance for top spots but had fun and managerd one 6th position, that's something.

..and I totally owned that first race where everyone bugged, lead first two laps!

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
What are the current chances of GFWL being patched out of Dark Souls? We didn't hear anything from Namco on that front yet, right?

Dingotech

Wow Risk of Rain is really hard. Finally beat the first level after about 40 minutes of playing. Quickly died within like two minutes in the second level. Really cool looking game though, I imagine it will be fun to play with others.

Try knocking down the difficulty level to Drizzle mode.

You still unlock items and characters.

Hubb

Friend activity is full of playing Long Live The Queen. What has the world become..

It is unbelievably addicting. It has the same 1 more turn mindset as Civ5 for me, cannot stop playing it. I'm trying to get all the endings.

HAHA is that a Anime game?

It has an anime art style but it is not based off an anime. In fact I'm not sure why I am trying to seriously answer you.

Very possibly it is.

or you.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I don't really have the time to go through all those many friend invites, so if you wish for me to be your friend as I look through your reviews, recommendations, achievements, workshop entries, high scores on Zen Pinball or Spelunky or Super Hexagon or anything else, and more stalking joy, send me an invite;

http://steamcommunity.com/id/kenofthedead

Also if you ever get a chance, do try a 10 person race with your fellow Gaffers on Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed, just great fun.

Man it really is a pain setting up a competition :p
A lot of lessons learned.

#1 - Hakkuei
#2 - KenOD
#3 - Stop It (we agreed to 4 maps)

Congratulations, hope you'll enjoy your gifts!
Too bad Kipp and Corrosivefrost had to drop out :(

neoemonk

I have not been keeping up on the games I own that have cards. When they first hit I idled and got cards from every game that I owned that had them, but they've since added a lot. I'm just sitting here on free money!

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Man it really is a pain setting up a competition :p
A lot of lessons learned.

#1 - Hakkuei
#2 - KenOD
#3 - Stop It (we agreed to 4 maps)

Congratulations, hope you'll enjoy your gifts!
Too bad Kipp and Corrosivefrost had to drop out :(

Yeah, totally not your fault that Sonic seems to get very scared when 10 people try to race. My game hasn't crashed like that in months, yet it glitched, messed up and CTD around 3 times!

Still many thanks for hosting kind sir! Let's hope if we get a Sonic Racing 3 that the network issues can be ironed out. At least we know this time the PC edition will be prioritised thanks to the epic long tail the game has had on PC.

My preliminary review of Tomb Raider: the 25% of the game that isn't a quick-time event is pretty good.
The rest?

Tomb Raider was too easy even at maximum difficulty, after a while it was boring. I would like that the sequel get some puzzles and a little more survivor elements and less shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom