• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oipic

wow... less than 5 days until the sale ends.

Seems to have flown by. Maybe my memory has been clouded by time, but at this same stage last year we were being inundated with repeats, I think - seems to be a lot more variety in the flash sales and community choice nominees in particular this time around. Good times.

Tizoc

Reminder of the giveaway.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Long live the queen -- MB-DCD86A34AE06BDA9 - Taken by Dascu. 164 entrants total.

t1388427744z1.png

denx

Seems to have flown by. Maybe my memory has been clouded by time, but at this same stage last year we were being inundated with repeats, I think - seems to be a lot more variety in the flash sales and community choice nominees in particular this time around. Good times.

That's probably because of Valve opening the floodgates of Greenlight.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Remember Me

Nice story.
Nice setting.
Amazing OST.
Voice acting quality is all over the place.
Memory Mixing was undeutilized.
Gameplay its too simplistic and limited but its not exactly bad.
World Exploration is as big as FF13 long corridors.

If a sequel ever happensmake it open world or sandbox with linear story but side missions and collectibles to find so you can have fun exploring around. Expand on the memory mixing concept and it would be incredible. Route B make it play like The Walking Dead but give me tons of Memory Mixing Puzzles.

Overall for 10-15 dollars the game its good enough and if you are ok with the linearity should be fun.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
PayPal still hasn't removed the hold on my $19 refund. It's been a week for crying out loud.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Hey guys, any good under-the-rader online multiplayer or co-op games on sale right now that my roommate and I can play?

MRORANGE

I think the sale has been pretty good so far. Cleared a few things off the wishlist, but it seems there is much more variety than in previous sales.

Agreed, lot more varied this time.

denx

I've bought quite a lot of stuff this sale, but my best purchases were on GOG actually. I bought the Might & Magic and Wing Commander bundles, and also got the classic Fallouts for free. Good times.

sorry if it's already been discussed but is it still possible to just run multiple eligible games and still get badges dropped from them without actually playing them?

BY2K

Membero Americo
God damn it, now I have 2 stupid Iron Wolf Helms for Spiral Knight.

Anybody wants to trade one for one of the TF2 items?

Chunky

Have to say, this have been a damn good sale this year. Last year was disappointing after 2011, but I've got so many really good games this year.

...and spent a lot of money.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I return and I find so many invites for friends, nice to have you all. Though now I'm in a bit of a bother; I only have a scant amount of friend slots open. Does anyone know at what levels above Level 10 more friend slots open up?

I voted for Remember Me as well. I have hope, a decent hope as Dontnod Entertainment studios is still around and it's understandable that as their first game Remember Me has a lot of room for improvement, which a sequel could do. I've talked to some of the people who work there, they have listened to what people said about the game.
I also believe that if Capcom wanted to chase after that open world game play that Watch_Dogs is going to make money on with a gimmick not found in other titles of the GTA-inspired style, Remember Me would be a good title to support.

What does everyone want the vote to be for the next community?

Also, what were the results of the Dunder cup?

Hakkuei got first, I got second, and glitches beat us all.

Santini

sorry if it's already been discussed but is it still possible to just run multiple eligible games and still get badges dropped from them without actually playing them?

You can run multiple games, but the drop rate for cards slows down dramatically. I've done both myself and prefer the running or idling 1 game at a time method.

nexen

Remember Me isn't very good.

The environment artists on that project are phenomenal though. They deserve a way better team.

rrs

Go vote Remember Me for the sale and hopefully it will win.

Space Hulk is for a very specific audience and very not balanced towards your victory. Great for fans, lacking elsewhere.

Can someone help me run The Swapper at 2560x1440 downsampled on a 1080p monitor? Trying to select 1440p causes the screen to blink rapidly between the game and black.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Swapper got so hard so fast. NOTHING in either Portal game even comes close. I don't know if I accidentally stumbled upon some secret super challenge rooms or what. I thought it was going to be a nice little comfy novelty indie game but no the atmosphere is super cryptic with a great sense of isolation and death with some dark ass sci-fi Giger imagery and these puzzles Jesus Christ what is this

ipG8Eaf1khkFQ.gif

RS4-

Remember Me isn't very good.

The environment artists on that project are phenomenal though. They deserve a way better team.

Yeah this is the only good thing I could take from the game. Was really let down by the game, the weak fighting, the severe lack of memory remixes. Even the platforming wasn't that good.

I want to say the music wasn't bad but I haven't played it since the initial release week.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe Wizardry can cure my M&MX itch... what's the chance of that going on sale again?

Yes, yes, yes. Had a $20 Steam Gift card left and Broken Sword 5 went on sale. Used the remainder to pick up Brothers. I know it's going to be free on PS plus, but it only cost me $1.25 and I'd prefer it to be in my Steam library. And with that, my wish list for this year is complete. Only other thing I might pick up is Gunpoint if it goes on sale again.

I basically wanted Burial at Sea, Duck Tales Remastered, Brothers and Papers Please. Bummed I missed the Bioshock season pass price error, but the $40 in Steam gift cards were a Christmas present, so all together I only spent like $7 of my own money on the sale this year.

Tempted to pick up Remember Me, but I think I'll wait.

BPoole

Swapper got so hard so fast. NOTHING in either Portal game even comes close. I don't know if I accidentally stumbled upon some secret super challenge rooms or what. I thought it was going to be a nice little comfy novelty indie game but no the atmosphere is super cryptic with a great sense of isolation and death with some dark ass sci-fi Giger imagery and these puzzles Jesus Christ what is this
There is one puzzle that literally too me an hour to figure out.

Radio

I've bought quite a lot of stuff this sale, but my best purchases were on GOG actually. I bought the Might & Magic and Wing Commander bundles, and also got the classic Fallouts for free. Good times.

I bought Uplink from GOG specifically so I can play it on my laptop if there's an old person sitting next to me on the train. They're definitely going to think I'm hacking something. I'm then going to fake an incoming phone call, and end it with, "Then I'm already dead!" and run to the next car.

denx

ipG8Eaf1khkFQ.gif

Using a gif from the DKC cartoon makes you awesome in my book. Well done sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom