• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Voted for Remember Me. Can you actually make a few bucks selling Steam cards? I have about 20 sitting in my inventory right now and about four or so snowglobes from this year's sale.

Surprisingly yes. It will take a while, but you can make over $30 if you have a lot of games with badges. Use Steam Achivement Manager if you don't want to install the games to idle.

NoPiece

Yeah, totally. The combat just got in the way of the interesting parts of that game. Sort of the same argument you could make about Bioshock Infinite, really, but the combat in Remember Me was soooooooo repetitive.

The setting and art design are the best thing about Remember Me, and are just enough to carry it. Though the combat is repetitive, I feel like at least they made an effort. Unlike Bioshock Infinite, they pretty steadily introduce new enemy types, and you do need to make modifications to your strategies, combos, powers to progress.

I am here to tell you you should all get Soundodger+. I think it's a little too small for a Daily Deal and it lost the last Flash Sale vote to PJ Eden, but it's 50% off during the winter sale for $3.99 and it's worth it. It's a great, simple, bullet hell dodger type game that does really interesting things with music. The soundtrack is amazing and the game's mechanics kind of make you feel like you're flowing and dancing along to it. You can play a less featured browser version of it for free at Adult Swim's website if you want to check it out. It's also pretty damn beautiful.

ZgVdWUP.jpg

o0VwfcF.jpg

CmbLLz5.jpg

It's even better in motion though.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
You guys wanna see some shit on Wizardry 8?

How about this detailed 40-minute breakdown.

I think you have to have been hardcore to play it back at release, much less now.

Why hardcore? Because the battles are long? They can get pretty long, and encounter rate quite dense, but there's supposed to be a way to adjust that out there. Never used it myself though.

It's an amazing game, and my favorite PC RPG along with Baldur's Gate II and Might & Magic VI. I've replayed it more than once and it still holds up for me.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Why hardcore? Because the battles are long? They can get pretty long, and encounter rate quite dense, but there's supposed to be a way to adjust that out there. Never used it myself though.

It's an amazing game, and my favorite PC RPG along with Baldur's Gate II and Might & Magic VI.

The interface seems crazy. There's so many numbers and bars and slots and all that stuff.

Anyone need Snow Globe #1? Will trade it for a #2 or 3. PM me.

EDIT: Also, I bought Kentucky Route Zero and I honestly have no fucking idea what is going on in this game or why I am playing it. Like, none. Not that it's bad. I'm just completely clueless as to what's going on.

Momentary

Banned
I am here to tell you you should all get Soundodger+. I think it's a little too small for a Daily Deal and it lost the last Flash Sale vote to PJ Eden, but it's 50% off during the winter sale for $3.99 and it's worth it. It's a great, simple, bullet hell dodger type game that does really interesting things with music. The soundtrack is amazing and the game's mechanics kind of make you feel like you're flowing and dancing along to it. You can play a less featured browser version of it for free at Adult Swim's website if you want to check it out. It's also pretty damn beautiful.

ZgVdWUP.jpg

o0VwfcF.jpg

CmbLLz5.jpg

I was really thinking about picking this up if it won the flash deal. I'll look at it again on the last day. It'll go into the wishlist for now.

To put it in perspective, I only ever starting messing with cards during this sale, and my market transactions section reads:

Net gain: $34.61

I just realized that I've bought half of everything this sale with Steam Wallet money earned through selling cards.

How awesome is that?
Any tips or secrets to success? Most cards I see seem to go for a mere $0.02-0.16 in the market and take quite a while to get.

You guys wanna see some shit on Wizardry 8?

How about this detailed 40-minute breakdown.

I think you have to have been hardcore to play it back at release, much less now.

If you give me help though then I didn't accomplish anything. But it's one where there's the goal in the upper left and there's just two corridors, one on top and one on bottom. One of the smaller rooms. No blocks or moving parts. Upper corridor is red lit while bottom is red-purple. Two buttons. Found in the place with three teleporters.

The interface seems crazy. There's so many numbers and bars and slots and all that stuff.
I'm looking at the stats on the video. A little overwhelmed at it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
To put it in perspective, I only ever starting messing with cards during this sale, and my market transactions section reads:

Net gain: $34.61

Captain%20America%20understood%20that%20reference.gif

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I think I'm done with this sale
Yeah, there are about three games on my list that are both unlikely to go on flash sale and extremely inexpensive that I'm probably just gonna buy in about eight hours...then over the next few days pick up some inexpensive gifts to cash out one last "you spent $10" card so I can forge the level 2 badge. And that's it!

My guess is that we'll only be able to obtain three more cards by voting because January 2nd will be a recap day (so no community choice voting). Does this seem like a reasonable supposition or am I totally off base?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

Oh. That's pretty standard for many classic PC RPGs. I can assure you it's all meaningful though. Primary stats which affect weapon and utility skills along with schools of magic and their spells, mostly.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I... I've done it.

I've finally done it.

I just looked through every single Steam game I don't own/haven't wishlisted and updated my wishlist. Every single one.

...I can't believe I didn't. I also can;t believe how big my wishlist is. Oh my, my wallet is just aching from all of this.

And I went with a lot of questionable titles, but all that even remotely interested me. Its' complete. It's done. I just have to keep it updated.

...Well...

...Time for DLC!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
TOO STRONG

We all love you btw, jshackles, but I think you know this.

I know, and I love you guys too. Everyone here is really generous and helpful. I'm really glad to be part of SteamGAF.

denx

I... I've done it.

I've finally done it.

I just looked through every single Steam game I don't own/haven't wishlisted and updated my wishlist. Every single one.

...I can't believe I didn't. I also can;t believe how big my wishlist is. Oh my, my wallet is just aching from all of this.

And I went with a lot of questionable titles, but all that even remotely interested me. Its' complete. It's done. I just have to keep it updated.

...Well...

...Time for DLC!

640 games wishlisted.

Mother-of-god-template_foro.jpg

jshackles

Either I am blind or the steam stats are not in the front page. How is L4D2 userbase atm? I wonder how many will stick...

hav5aI9.png

Seems pretty good. Currently third behind DOTA 2 and TF2. Stats

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy

The browser version just sold me on it.

Jintor

Brothers so far is amazing scenery, so-so puzzles, and emotionally cloying: the videogame. Though why I'd say that for Brothers and not Gone Home is kind of a mystery.

Man, I spent like $ 81 today on Steam: DayZ, Pit Sword of the Stars, Walking Dead S2, Dungeon Defenders, Dust Elysiam Tale, Defense Grid and Shadowrun Returns. Not a bad haul.

Omega

Banned
GMG just announced a neat achievement-based reward system going on, linking your steam account with your GMG account. more game will be added in the future:

http://blog.playfire.com/2013/12/want-more-gmg-credit-join-playfire.html?

These are the game available now. I think it's .10£ for easy, .25£ for medium, and .50£ for hard.

beta won't count old achievements.

well shit, I was going to sign up since I have all the Payday 2 achievements (except for the new GO Bank ones) but fuck that.

King of the Hill should be Hard and Full Measure should be Medium. Park escape never comes up.

I recently just made the jump to normal and it is considerably more difficult. I can't get past maybe the 4th jump? Just right now, I was maybe halfway and for whatever reason my ship was running out of oxygen, which was odd, I had no damage to my o2, no crack in the hull nor were my doors open. I was a little annoyed, but I just can't stay mad at the game, I am sure I made an oversight at some point.

Take your time in the first two sectors in Normal. Try to hit as many points as possible before moving on so you can load up on scrap and upgrade. I try to level up my shields at least once by sector 3, engines maybe 2-3 levels. And PAUSE THE GAME TO PLAN OUR MOVES. There's no shame in doing so. To save scrap, don't ever fully repair at stores, maybe just to 70-75%. There's a random event where you can get rewarded with hull repairs.

Must have augments for me include Long Range Scanners, Scrap Recovery Arm, Drone Recovery Arm, and the Weapon/Shield Boosters. Ditch the Scrap Recovery when you've upgraded enough and use a different Augmentation. Drone Recovery essentially gives you unlimited drones, provided you have at least 1 in stock.

As far as weapons go, Burst Laser Mk II is the best in the game (damage/power req. ratio). Ion Blast Mk I is good, Mk II is beastly. Keep a missile launcher around if you find yourself unable to pierce shields (you can just keep in storage, don't have to equip it if you have weapons you're doing well with). But with the randomness of the game, you might not see these in a run. so I don't plan around them. But if I see them available, I try to make it a priority to get them.

Oxygen dropping? Are you sure you had Life Support powered on? Sometimes it gets shut off in a random event and I forget to turn it back on later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom