• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight is the night I will beat FF7... it should've been last night but the game crashed when I used cid's limit breaker... again... on a miniboss right before sephiroth's fight. I'm gonna finish the fight, watch the movie, and jump into ff8 tomrw!

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Swapper got so hard so fast. NOTHING in either Portal game even comes close. I don't know if I accidentally stumbled upon some secret super challenge rooms or what. I thought it was going to be a nice little comfy novelty indie game but no the atmosphere is super cryptic with a great sense of isolation and death with some dark ass sci-fi Giger imagery and these puzzles Jesus Christ what is this

ipG8Eaf1khkFQ.gif

The games not terribly long, so that difficulty curve gets pretty steep.

I got stuck on two puzzles for at least an hour between the two.

I ended up solving my way through one and looking up a hint on the other.

It gets really challenging and you need to do all the puzzles.

Derrick01

Banned
Daaammmn, now I'm curious to know what you think of the Hyrule Warriors announcement.

Completely silly (and desperate) by both Nintendo and their fans reaction. Musou games are widely scoffed at but slap Link in there and it's I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT.

I've never even heard of this series. It looks awful
ly fantastic.

The first one is an adventure game classic and a must play if you are fan of the genre IMO. The Director's cut got released a few years ago and I loved it, but some people don't like the changes made to the original. I actually only discovered Broken Sword a few years ago and proceeded to marathon through all of them except for BS4.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Swapper got so hard so fast. NOTHING in either Portal game even comes close. I don't know if I accidentally stumbled upon some secret super challenge rooms or what. I thought it was going to be a nice little comfy novelty indie game but no the atmosphere is super cryptic with a great sense of isolation and death with some dark ass sci-fi Giger imagery and these puzzles Jesus Christ what is this

ipG8Eaf1khkFQ.gif
Totally lost it here with this gif usage, lmao.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Completely silly (and desperate) by both Nintendo and their fans reaction. Musou games are widely scoffed at but slap Link in there and it's I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT.

Well it will be interesting to see what Zelda can do for Dynasty Warriors and vice-versa.

I heard One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 is pretty damn good.

LOL, So true. I enjoyed Dynasty Warriors since 2. The game kind of looks fun but it has to have more then just playable....

Voted for Remember Me. Can you actually make a few bucks selling Steam cards? I have about 20 sitting in my inventory right now and about four or so snowglobes from this year's sale.

Finished Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons in one sitting. It's a great game with stunning art direction and some amazing ideas. I fully recommend it.

Then, I saw those flash deals and had to purchase The Stanley Parable. Great evening.

ipG8Eaf1khkFQ.gif

I was so close to finishing the game without looking up any solutions but I think the second-to-last puzzle I had to watch a YouTube clip to figure out. Fiendishly clever, some of those puzzles.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Voted for Remember Me. Can you actually make a few bucks selling Steam cards? I have about 20 sitting in my inventory right now and about four or so snowglobes from this year's sale.

At the start of the sale, for two days, I was selling cards. Made my way up to $10.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
You already saw GK86's post but I'm gonna stress that doing something with those snowglobes is more important than doing anything with your other cards right now.

The snowglobes will disappear into thin air after the end of the sale, leaving you with bupkis. So trade, sell, craft or gift them before then.

Santini

Yes! Trading cards funded my Dark Souls, Don't Starve, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger/Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon purchases.

And echoing what honorless said: do something with your snowglobes before they go away.

denx

So as part of the adding-people-to-friendlist frenzy, I added a bunch of the regulars here. Thanks for accepting the invites!

I've brought waaaay too much in this sale, but I think it helps I finally have a computer that can cope with modern PC games. My old laptop pretty much chugged even on a 5 year old game, so this is pretty new to me.

Managed to craft 2 sale badges, might give up the ghost now while gettings good as I think I have about everything I wanted bar what I stuck on my wishlist. Looking forward to playing Stanley Parable and Long Live the Queen once I've worked thru the older backlogs

bought The Stanley Parable. I think I'm done with this sale

Same here.

Got The Stanley Parable, Brothers and The Swapper today.

Add in Gunpoint, Metro Last Light, Hotline Miami, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, Company of Heroes 2, Arkham Origins, Kerbal Space Program and almost all of the Crusader Kings 2 DLC and expansions and there isn't too much else that's going to get super cheap for me to get this sale.

I guess maybe if Crysis 3 goes sub $10 on Amazon soon I might go for that.

eot

Banned

ipG8Eaf1khkFQ.gif

Huh.
I'm not a puzzle wizard but my main problem with the game was that you could burn through it so quickly. Just approach them with a bit of reasoning, it's always clear what you need to do so just analyze the constraints.
Which one are you stuck at?

Panda Rin

GMG just announced a neat achievement-based reward system going on, linking your steam account with your GMG account. more games will be added in the future:

http://blog.playfire.com/2013/12/want-more-gmg-credit-join-playfire.html?

These are the games available now. I think it's .10£ for easy, .25£ for medium, and .50£ for hard.

Left 4 Dead 2
Acid Reflex (Easy)
Club Dead (Medium)
Heartwarmer (Hard)

Bioshock Infinite
A Real Pistol (Easy)
Raising the Bar (Medium)
Eavesdropper (Hard)

Skyrim
Apprentice (Easy)
Married (Medium)
Legend (Hard)

PAYDAY 2
No Turning Back (Easy)
King of the Hill (Medium)
Full Measure (Hard)

Contrast
A New Dimension (Easy)
FIN (Medium)
GroundsKeeper (Hard)

Borderlands 2
First One's Free (Easy)
Cute Loot (Medium)
Challenge Accepted (Hard)

Velocity Ultra
Face Palm Napalm (Easy)
Discoverer (Medium)
Unstoppable (Hard)

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
You guys wanna see some shit on Wizardry 8?

How about this detailed 40-minute breakdown.

I think you have to have been hardcore to play it back at release, much less now.

Huh.
I'm not a puzzle wizard but my main problem with the game was that you could burn through it so quickly. Just approach them with a bit of reasoning, it's always clear what you need to do so just analyze the constraints.
Which one are you stuck at?

If you give me help though then I didn't accomplish anything. But it's one where there's the goal in the upper left and there's just two corridors, one on top and one on bottom. One of the smaller rooms. No blocks or moving parts. Upper corridor is red lit while bottom is red-purple. Two buttons. Found in the place with three teleporters.

Zeliard

Can you actually make a few bucks selling Steam cards? I have about 20 sitting in my inventory right now and about four or so snowglobes from this year's sale.

To put it in perspective, I only ever starting messing with cards during this sale, and my market transactions section reads:

Net gain: $34.61

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I just realized that I've bought half of everything this sale with Steam Wallet money earned through selling cards.

How awesome is that?

derExperte

So is Wizardry 6, 7, or 8 any good?

6 and 7 are considered classics but 7 was absolutely brutal and unforgiving even back in the day and took months to beat without help. I gave up much, much earlier. 8 might be easiers but I say if you gotta ask you are not prepared for what you'll get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom