• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
wellll then this won't end well.

I've always like Raptr's giveaway model and thought it worked well with Steam achievements. Free games or in-game items in exchange for either achievements or hours of playtime. The key is that it's weighted against other Raptr users.

Plus, they're not giving away cash: only (presumably) donated in-game items from the developers to encourage people to buy/play their games.

This new thing from GMG can only end badly.

user237

I was just about to purchase Wizardry 8 but thanks to a Youtube Let's Play found out it's turn based rather than action oriented. I'm glad I didn't buy it since I wouldn't be touching it at all. I've increasingly lowered my tolerance towards turn based systems if they don't offer any sort of semi-active elements thrown in.

The funny thing about that Wizardy deal is that it's cheaper if you take 6 and 7 with it. Those games are so old though, that I suspect most people agree with your stance.

joe2187

Banned
I was longging to the browser version of steam and it does it's usual security check, but it told me that my IP Address is located in Herndon Virginia....

I live in Los Angeles CA, should I be alarmed?

Wookieomg

Hey guys, is ETS2 worth it if you don't have the proper steering wheel controller to use alongside it? I've heard the praise for it since the Steam summer sale, but have held back due to not owning the peripheral.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I think its time to start using reverse psychology on the community choice.

"Oh boy, you should, like, totally vote, your vote will make a difference, and what you vote for will win! So vote for whatever you want, whenever you want, and everything will go your way!"

Cth

Thank you! That seems a lot more complicated than I expected. I'm surprised they allow the usage of a tool (like SAM) to get cards, though.

It's not really complicated.. just wanted to put all that info out there.

Basically, idle, sell cards -- there's just strategies to maximize your earnings.

Steam allows it cause they make 3% on all transactions.

Genius really. Encourages people to buy more games where they can make more money :D

Hey guys, is ETS2 worth it if you don't have the proper steering wheel controller to use alongside it? I've heard the praise for it since the Steam summer sale, but have held back due to not owning the peripheral.

Absolutely.

Xbox Controller works fine.

I picked up a cheap steering wheel and I still like the 360 version.

chronomac

same for me they are showing up as 5 a piece for 1 and 2. Infinite is 10 and triple pack is 15. Maybe emiranda has some region discount?

No idea. I wasn't trying to screw anyone over. I already have Bioshock 1 and 2 and was just trying to shave a few bucks of Infinite.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Do you guys think Marlo Briggs will get a daily?

Marlo is one if those weird examples of autumn sale differences, as it was 75% off throughout that sale, and now it's just 50%. It's getting kinda late in the sale now as usually you start to see mostly repeats in the flash deals, but who knows, hopefully

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

Yes. I used the 360 controller for a bit when I was playing, but I found kb/m to be more enjoyable. Especially when it came to parking. With the controller, I couldn't park for shit. Kb/m? Piece of cake.

Tizoc

To all people still asking if SimCity 4 is worth it: Yes, don't hesitate and buy it. At $5 bucks it is a great deal.

I was just about to purchase Wizardry 8 but thanks to a Youtube Let's Play found out it's turn based rather than action oriented. I'm glad I didn't buy it since I wouldn't be touching it at all. I've increasingly lowered my tolerance towards turn based systems if they don't offer any sort of semi-active elements thrown in.

Who's that character in your avatar BTW?

So whats happening with these Capcom games?
  • Resident Evil 5
  • Dead Rising 2
  • Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
  • Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Colonies Edition
  • Lost Planet 2
All have GFWL and no %off.

I know at least DR2 and LP Colonies were 75% off at the beginning.

So much for "wait for the dailies". I was going to get those.

Wookieomg

Yes. I used the 360 controller for a bit when I was playing, but I found kb/m to be more enjoyable. Especially when it came to parking. With the controller, I couldn't park for shit. Kb/m? Piece of cake.

Absolutely.

Xbox Controller works fine.

I picked up a cheap steering wheel and I still like the 360 version.

Awesome! Thanks fellas! Now to see if I can conjure up the funds to buy it... lol ;_;

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
http://steamcommunity.com/id/leebabins

I think this is the link, maybe. Sorry, I am a Steam newb.

No need to apologise, we simply couldn't find you for whatever reason. Now we have and since you are posting in here with us, part of the Steam group, you are fully part of the community.

Welcome.

no one answered my question
what are the chances FF7 will appear again
I didn't have steam cash atm when it went on sale the first time

As stated above, we don't know. At best we can offer in ways of help is the knowledge that it's currently on sale for Amazon and will get yet another price reduction on the 1st of January at $4.74 USD.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
no one answered my question
what are the chances FF7 will appear again
i didnt have steam cash atm when it went on sale the first time

It was a flash deal and a daily deal already, so unless it's a vote (and wins) or shows up in the encore day, you are probably out of luck

It was a flash deal and a daily deal already, so unless it's a vote (and wins) or shows up in the encore day, you are probably out of luck

im not out of luck i can buy it right now as well as the other games left on my list(Volgarr,SHoDN,Exceed games) if i wanted
but savings lol

Rhaknar

I don't get what that has to do with a discount though. The games aren't removed, just the discounts.
Less people that buy them less there are to complain when they don't work soon? /shrug

Miker

GMG tends to be on the cutting edge of offering basically free money. I guess people might not remember it, but when it first launched, it offered $5 referral credit for people who bought games with your referral link. I think I got $10-15 through that. Good times.

EDIT:
It obviously isn't coincidence that the Capcom games that went off-sale are also the ones that used GFWL.

Yeah, this is interesting to me. You'd think they'd be interested in a big-ass sale to sell their GFWL games before the service closes down. Who knows what Cacpcom have planned though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom