• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

denx

I'm just idling for my last Lost Planet 3 card. Then I'll play a game.

Spoiler alert: It'll be Black Flag.

That wasn't an spoiler at all. :p

I've spent all day farming cards as well. Why play games when you could be making money to buy games you won't play?

Dec

ok, thanks.

so would anyone be willing to sell me globes 6 and 7?

You can trade cards you have multiples of for them to other gaffers or sell your doubles and triples to buy the ones you're missing.

Or you can just buy the cards off the market straight up. Under the Community tab on Steam, Market.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
As someone who just marathoned season 1 of Bobs Burgers (Lttp I know) your avatar is freaking me out Declarius

I... I've done it.

I've finally done it.

I just looked through every single Steam game I don't own/haven't wishlisted and updated my wishlist. Every single one.

...I can't believe I didn't. I also can;t believe how big my wishlist is. Oh my, my wallet is just aching from all of this.

And I went with a lot of questionable titles, but all that even remotely interested me. Its' complete. It's done. I just have to keep it updated.

...Well...

...Time for DLC!

Join the club. I did that as well and finally have been doing work on it. I had around 750 or so before the summer sale. Got it around 550 now and that's after constantly updating it. Hope you fare just as good! :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You sure that's not the actual Saoirse Ronan?

Maybe she's one of these people!

That wasn't an spoiler at all. :p

I've spent all day farming cards as well. Why play games when you could be making money to buy games you won't play?

In retrospect I should have started farming sooner, as I did prior to the Autumn Sale (I managed to make something north of $120 in the ~2 weeks leading up to it). Oh well.

You can trade cards you have multiples of for them to other gaffers or sell your doubles and triples to buy the ones you're missing.

Or you can just buy the cards off the market straight up. Under the Community tab on Steam, Market.

thanks. i was hoping i could get a GAFtown discount but i suppose they're pretty coveted

Garcia

How many Season Sales a year does Steam usually feature? I'm still a newbie and will pay much closer attention from now on since my wishlist keeps growing on a daily basis.

I suppose this is the biggest one, right? or am I wrong?

Zom

Banned
How many Season Sales a year does Steam usually feature? I'm still a newbie and will pay much closer attention from now on since my wishlist keeps growing on a daily basis.

Halloween, chistmas, summer, and winter?? 4 or 5 I think.

unless theres a spring sale(pls dont let there be a spring sale)
Summer,Fall,and Winter i think

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Summer Sale: July, 1.5 weeks
Halloween Sale: October, a few days
Autumn Sale: November, a week
Winter Sale: December, two weeks

Spring gets the cold shoulder. :(

Tizoc

Id from Xenogears (my favorite RPG). He's the alter ego (Id actually) of the main character Fei Fong Wong. If you like RPGs and haven't heard of Xenogears yet I highly recommend it to you. Best story ever.

Thanks mate, Xenogears is in my backlog.
I recall reading that the game had budget problems which resulted in the final events being told in the form of text correct?
Not that that's deterring me from playing it, but for some reason I want to play Planescape: Torment before playing Xenogears.

Platy

Since this is the general PC gaming thread this sounds like a good place to ask.

What is the name of that bug that happens when you turn the camera of a game very fast and part of the image looks like it has a lag ?

gabbo

There are occasional ones for smaller American holidays from time to time. Usually last a weekend.

denx

Summer/Winter, Halloween, Autumn/Spring and Holiday/Christmas.

edit: B10 like a dozen times

I should also add that Valve may do additional sales through the year for whatever reason. For example, a sale celebrating the launch of Big Picture mode, an indie games sale, and specific publisher sales that last for a weekend.

oipic

This page here includes a list of the recent major sales by date etc.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Since this is the general PC gaming thread this sounds like a good place to ask.

What is the name of that bug that happens when you turn the camera of a game very fast and part of the image looks like it has a lag ?

Screen tearing? If so turn on vsync

screen tearing it is not a bug per se. you may want to activate vsync but that can introduce input lag, I'm waiting for the asus gsync monitor to solve all kind of problems with vsync/screen tearing and input lag.

Garcia

Thanks mate, Xenogears is in my backlog.
I recall reading that the game had budget problems which resulted in the final events being told in the form of text correct?
Not that that's deterring me from playing it, but for some reason I want to play Planescape: Torment before playing Xenogears.

You're completely right on that. The game got a budget cut during its development and they had to rush the 2nd half of it in order to fit the story. The first disc is glorious from beginning to end, the storytelling is top notch and the battles are semi-dynamic. Its plot is extremely well done and deep (the creators were aiming for an hexalogy, just imagine that) and has a strong emphasis on religion, psychology and politics. To this day I still haven't found any other game that blends those elements in such a unique and convincing way.

The 2nd disc unfortunately is basically just story telling with some eventual exploration here and there. It's not that bad actually, but compared to the 1st half of the game, it is pretty abysmal how different it plays.

The experience as a whole is so rewarding you can really ignore some of its major faults and rushes.

I'm positive you will end up enjoying the game so much solely for its story, absolutely beautiful soundtrack and great character development. It's seriously a work of love.

Summer Sale: July, 1.5 weeks
Halloween Sale: October, a few days
Autumn Sale: November, a week
Winter Sale: December, two weeks

Spring gets the cold shoulder. :(

Thank you all for the replies. I'll be looking forward to them, definitely.

I really just want Desktop Dungeons and Valdis Story. I wish I could just know if they were going on flash or not. Oh well. I have about 170 more cards left to idle for so I guess that'll give me more time.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I have so many new friends, had a great time with Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed, got a puppy (though she isn't Steam redeemable), and wonderful help these past few days I just want to give back.

With that mentality I went around, collected what I could using up the last of Steam Card sales and some left over gift cards, and I give to you something that has given me a lot of joy and happiness over the years, Sonic The Hedgehog.

Please no talk of "Sonic Cycle" or "SEGA screwed up" or anything of the sort. Tis a giveaway of good feelings and good memories, new and old, with a side of appreciation for all.

Edit: I don't know why it's showing the image for the Yogocast DLC, that is not present. The keys are for a Transformed individually and Metal Sonic/Outrun DLC individually.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sonic the Hedgehog Mega Drive -- MB-FBB476EEA1E6467E
Dr Robotniks Mean Bean Machine aka Sonic Puyo Puyo -- MB-3B1C3AA4DBAF0D68
Sonic And All Stars Racing Transformed -- MB-BDA0D84819022702
Sonic And All Stars Racing Transformed Metal Sonic And Outrun DLC -- MB-A1B28A3B94F24904
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 -- MB-ACE7EF239D72F302
Sonic Adventure 2 and Battlemode DLC -- MB-CF294F1D1643D2DE
Sonic 3 And Knuckles -- MB-2E0C7054A5983A4D
Sonic Spinball -- MB-4CA67E3C75732689

t1388465410z1.png

Alex

I'm digging RE6 a lot more than I figured I would. Game is dumb as sin (but in a fun way) but it's hyper polished and works even better mechanically in coop than 5. Provides a good challenge and seems to have a lot of content, too. Having a lot of fun.

Unsure what's been patched since it came out, though. If you ever do play this make sure to ratchet up the FOV option, not sure if you could do that on console but to me it's almost unplayable at defaults it's so insanely narrow.

Derrick01

Banned
Holy shit guys.............

....we're 13 hours away from Farming Simulator being a daily :eek:

Alex said:
I'm digging RE6 a lot more than I figured I would. Game is dumb as sin but it's hyper polished and works even better mechanically in coop than 5. Provides a good challenge and seems to have a lot of content, too. Having a lot of fun.

I did too. I was very surprised how much I enjoyed Leon and Chris' campaign. Very enjoyable (and yes, dumb) action campaigns.

denx

Awesome giveaway KenOD. I would enter for at least one of the games there but I'm holding off because I want to eventually buy the entire Sonic collection. Still kicking myself for missing that Sonic collection price error back in July.

Thanks to accent for the delivery of the Papers, Please prize I won back in his contest -- I can't wait to sit down and check out what this is all about. :)

meh ill give it the next flash then im buying the 2 remaining games Volgarr+SHoDN+DLC
i got what i wanted anyways, wanna leave atleast something for summer sales
crafting a snowglobe badge for memories though

Garcia

Holy shit guys.............

....we're 13 hours away from Farming Simulator being a daily :eek:

I did too. I was very surprised how much I enjoyed Leon and Chris' campaign. Very enjoyable (and yes, dumb) action campaigns.

This is the moment I've been waiting for (and I swear I am not being sarcastic here, lol): Have you played the game? Did you like it?

denx

I think I'm just going to dive in and buy some Ys.

I'm wondering if they'll be a flash, but 50% still seems worth it?

Well, Ys I and II was in a flash sale a couple of days ago, so the other Ys games may pop up in a flash/community sale as well.

I recommend you wait.

Tellaerin

Thanks for the lovely giveaway, KenOD. : ) Wasn't it you who first recommended Waves to people earlier in the thread? The music sold me - I hesitated for a bit, but eventually ended up pulling the trigger on it this afternoon. Good stuff! :D I really appreciate you (and everyone else here) bringing stuff to peoples' attention that they might never have looked at otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom