• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Purely from a timeline perspective? Yes. Though from what I gather, there are spoilery bits of Origin in I & II, and spoilery bits of I & II in Origin, but the impact of plot events is more felt in I & II if you knew beforehand, so people recommend I & II first.

That's just from my casual perusal of the community forum. Haven't played the games myself after all.

Aye, that is correct. It works the other way around, some of the moments that happen in Origin are stronger because you know the end result (Ys I and Ys II).

This is what we got.

i4EZBL6.png

TxzA6dg.png

Oh poor Bodkin. Seems when the UFO abducted the others to a tropical paradise in the Northern Hemisphere story, he remained stuck to that metal pole.

I did it. I finally got a perfect day in Cook, Serve, Delicious.

Congratulations. How much of it was soda?

Santini

New Vegas for $2.50 is pretty much a no brainer for me, but is the Ultimate Edition worth the extra money? I'm also reallyyyy tempted to get Bioshock: Infinite for $10, even though I still haven't played Bioshock 2 and thought Bioshock 1, while still very good, was overrated.

Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition for $6.79 is well worth the money.

I picked up vanilla F:NV over two years ago along with the Old World Blues DLC for $14.98. Spent about 113 hours playing it to completion. That would have been more if I had the other DLC; Lonesome Road wasn't out at the time.

And even if you only grabbed vanilla, I'm sure the mods that exist for the game would enhance your experience. You'd be missing out on a lot of story content, however, by not getting the whole thing.

c0Zm1c

Isn't that game from those scam guys who did the airport and woodcutting sims that just came out? I didnt' play any of them but everything I see about those games is people warning others to avoid them due to how buggy and lazy they are and the developers never do anything to fix them.

From the little I can gather about all these sims, Farming sim is the real deal.

Yeah, UIE. But after watching this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_aG-hdZH8k - I really wish it wasn't the case. With a better publisher, not pushing Actalogic to release games in a poor state before moving onto working on new ones, Agricultural Simulator could have been the real real deal.

Ditch that shitball FF7 now (hint: people only love it because it was ZOMG MY FIRST JRPG) and move on to FF8. They're not linked in any way.

Shitball? okay... I love FF7 and it wasn't my first RPG. I think FF4 was my first back in the early 90s when it first came out. FF6 was the first I owned myself. I love all the first 10 (except 8).

I wasn't a big fan of FF8 when it came out, but I am willing and eager to give it another shot.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
But if you're a fan of FF8, we can still be friends, because that game gets trashed on a regular basis and I don't agree with the hatred it gets.

I like it for being different and the game system being absurdly breakable.

That and Squall is surprisingly layered.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Congratulations. How much of it was soda?

Not that much I don't think. I took a bet for 20 perfect combo with soups and salads on the menu. Had beer, soda, fish and hamburgers on it as well.

Next time CSD goes on sale (if it does), buy it people. It is at least in the top 5 of my favorite games this year.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
ok Gaf im trying to register for the FF7 mod forums but this damn question keeps stumping me
_______ is only one right answer to this phrase (Their, There, They're):

This has already been answered but I'll go a step further and explain.

There: A place or state of being. As in "Hey look over there" or "There is only one right answer."

Their: Possessive version of they. As in "I don't like their car."

They're: Contraction of they are. As in "They're going to meet us for dinner."

And thus ends our homophone lesson for this evening.

New Vegas Ultimate is worth the extra $3 bucks. I'm glad those older games discount the dlc. The newer games' dlc costs three times more than the game which is pretty ridiculous.

No. $10 with coupon code. It was $12.49.

Question: Is English your second language?

Cause I was going to say, based on what I see on the internet on a daily basis, most of the youth of today can't answer that anyway. :lol

Way to be a team player. :p

It's okay. For what I paid for it, I'll keep checking it out, but it's nothing I consider must buy or even worthy of recommendation.

As far as FF7 goes, it depends. I most definitely didn't like it because of "OMG, it's my first JRPG!!" So yeah, that's bullshit from where I'm sitting, though I'm sure there are people who have a high amount of fondness/nostalgia for it because it was their first. (I have that for the original Final Fantasy on NES, especially because I spent a lot of time with my Uncle bonding as we played through it).
Personally, I think the 3 PSOne Final Fantasy entries are top 5 of the Final Fantasy catalog. Again, it's all subjective.

But if you're a fan of FF8, we can still be friends, because that game gets trashed on a regular basis and I don't agree with the hatred it gets.

no i was just tired
and it rlly was my first rpg
i transfered from nintendo to genesis to Playstation
didnt play anything i would call an RPG until FF7

Turfster

Shitball? okay... I love FF7 and it wasn't my first RPG.
I didn't say everyone, but the most vocal FF7 lovers that call it ZE BEST RPG EVAR definitely match my statement =p

I hate FF7 with the power of a thousand suns because of people like that. I was playing Ultima 7 in 92, so everyone trying to convince me FF7 was the RPG to end all RPGs 5 years later only made me angry =p

This has already been answered but I'll go a step further and explain.

There: A place or state of being. As in "Hey look over there" or "There is only one right answer."

Their: Possessive version of they. As in "I don't like their car."

They're: Contraction of they are. As in "They're going to meet us for dinner."

And thus ends our homophone lesson for this evening.

Thar: Sailor version of there. As in "Thar she blows"

Not that much I don't think. I took a bet for 20 perfect combo with soups and salads on the menu. Had beer, soda, fish and hamburgers on it as well.

Next time CSD goes on sale (if it does), buy it people. It is at least in the top 5 of my favorite games this year.

its on my summer sales list

Derrick01

Banned
I didn't say everyone, but the most vocal FF7 lovers that call it ZE BEST RPG EVAR definitely match my statement =p

I hate FF7 with the power of a thousand suns because of people like that. I was playing Ultima 7 in 92, so everyone trying to convince me FF7 was the RPG to end all RPGs 5 years later only made me angry =p

It's definitely the best jrpg ever though ;)

Boss Doggie

Anyone who says Wizardry 8 isn't the best RPG should be spanked!

How hard is it to get into Wizardry from someone who's never played the series.

My first Wizardry is 8, and it's very... technical, to say the least. It lacks flash, but it makes up for a deep, intricate system of old school RPG. Don't view it with a typical RPG build.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
A lot of achievements are tied to completing the game, e.g. I unlocked 7 achievements when I finished Dishonored, so GMG would have to manually go through each title to mark what is and isn't legitimately possible.

Well, only if there's need to. Achievements like "Complete the game on medium", "Score 50 headshots" and "[Something decision-based]" obviously aren't intertwined in the way that the likes of "Complete the game on medium", "Complete the game without being detected" and "Complete the game without killing anybody" are. Admittedly, I should have clarified as much.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I can only hope for a Mercenary Kings discount. No way Samurai Gunn is getting one unfortunately :C.

The lack of any discount for Merc Kings is both strange and disappointing

Reg

Banned
Thanks denx, Gazoinks, Santini, and TheFLYINGManga_Ka for your replies.
I guess I'll be going with the ultimate edition.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Gonna have to put my DLC quest on hold, third of the way down the complete list though, and as I already did all games, my wishlist is pretty crazy.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I wish somebody saved both parts of the globe throughout the days and had them on a easy place so we could follow all the 4 stories. I usually do that with the backgrounds, but I didn't this time around - too busy playing Neverwinter and family stuff.

AsylumX

A lot of achievements are tied to completing the game, e.g. I unlocked 7 achievements when I finished Dishonored, so GMG would have to manually go through each title to mark what is and isn't legitimately possible.

Don't worry about it because it doesn't work yet. I got a medium achievement just now and nothing happened, even though the achievement shows up on their list. On the other hand, if you suscribe to their newsletter, instant 50p. This makes me wonder...

How hard is it to get into Wizardry from someone who's never played the series.

You don't need to have played the series, but you will probably need some experience (and love) of the genre.

If you played Legend of Grimrock for example and wanted a step up (in scope) it'll serve you well.

Anyone who says Wizardry 8 isn't the best RPG should be spanked!

If this is an old man RPG fight (and it should be), I say Ultima 6.

Eternia

Do you guys think Marlo Briggs will get a daily?
Still on sale here at Amazon.com for $3.69

New Vegas for $2.50 is pretty much a no brainer for me, but is the Ultimate Edition worth the extra money? I'm also reallyyyy tempted to get Bioshock: Infinite for $10, even though I still haven't played Bioshock 2 and thought Bioshock 1, while still very good, was overrated.
Getgamesgo has the Ultimate edition for $4.99 for anyone who wants to grab it.

rrs

Go get New Vegas Ultimate edition then get Fallout 3 GOTY and then use a mod to put both areas in one game. Can't think of the name of said mod, but it's something to consider as well.

Go get New Vegas Ultimate edition then get Fallout 3 GOTY and then use a mod to put both areas in one game. Can't think of the name of said mod, but it's something to consider as well.

Had no idea Tale of Two Wastlelands existed until I searched for it after your post. Gonna try it out tomorrow!

I've looked around and this may be a dumb question but figured I'd ask with all the Wizardry talk.

Is there anyway to get it to run in windowed mode?

Try CTRL+F12 each time you run the game.

Edit...looks like you tried that. I'm downloading now, will see if I can figure it out (I'd only play in a window too)

zkylon

zkylewd
I think that's it for me

ibmlGMrF1VSNUj.png

only thing I miss is stanley parable but that isn't going to get cheap enough for me to buy it

good haul, good haul

Boss Doggie

I've looked around and this may be a dumb question but figured I'd ask with all the Wizardry talk.

Is there anyway to get it to run in windowed mode?

Ctrl + F12, or maybe it was CTRL + F10.

But it seems it also depends on the display driver you picked. I used DirectX6. It doesn't work on the newly included driver Glide.

Also do not alt-tab when switching between windows after turning Wizardry 8 in windowed mode, rather just click outside to exit, and click Wizardry 8 at the task bar when going back. Otherwise your keyboard input won't work once you alt-tabbed back.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I think that's it for me

ibmlGMrF1VSNUj.png

only thing I miss is stanley parable but that isn't going to get cheap enough for me to buy it

good haul, good haul

I'm about done myself and am just waiting on GTA:SA (German version), Sniper Elite: Zombie Army (German version) and Guardians of Middle-earth. GOME I'll jump on come the last day even if it's not a featured deal as I want to get my hands on the Mithril Edition before the inevitable move to F2P. Hopefully PayPal has completed my refund by then.

Oublieux

This might be a bit off tangent, but can anyone recommend 4 player co-op games on Steam? I feel like they are few and far inbetween. So far my buddies and I have:

Torchlight 2, Sonic Transformed, Borderlands series, Payday 2, L4D series--I believe there are a few others but I can't recall off the top of my head.

Cody_D165

Banned
This might be a bit off tangent, but can anyone recommend 4 player co-op games on Steam? I feel like they are few and far inbetween. So far my buddies and I have:

Torchlight 2, Sonic Transformed, Borderlands series, Payday 2, L4D series--I believe there are a few others but I can't recall off the top of my head.

Terraria is one of the best multiplayer experiences a group of people can have. Got over a hundred hours clocked myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom