• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

This might be a bit off tangent, but can anyone recommend 4 player co-op games on Steam? I feel like they are few and far inbetween. So far my buddies and I have:

Torchlight 2, Sonic Transformed, Borderlands series, Payday 2, L4D series--I believe there are a few others but I can't recall off the top of my head.

Monaco.
Maybe Hammerwatch.

maneil99

This might be a bit off tangent, but can anyone recommend 4 player co-op games on Steam? I feel like they are few and far inbetween. So far my buddies and I have:

Torchlight 2, Sonic Transformed, Borderlands series, Payday 2, L4D series--I believe there are a few others but I can't recall off the top of my head.

Terrerria/Starbound, Monaco,

inm8num2

I think that's it for me

ibmlGMrF1VSNUj.png

only thing I miss is stanley parable but that isn't going to get cheap enough for me to buy it

good haul, good haul

You're not done. Not yet.

Kadin

Monaco... one of the best 4-player games I can think of.

Late to the party today. Is Risk of Rain an easy "YES" for purchase? What game would you compare it to?

YES.
Go watch some YT gameplay, there has to be some.
Contra vs. Spelunky? Hard to say exactly.

It's got elements of binding of Isaac. Wrapped in a more difficult, 2-d side scrolling shell

It's a yes at that price I think

It was a yes at $10. :p

Errr, how does one get the promo $5 to put towards those games exactly? And the $5 promos stack? I'm only looking at "how cheap can I get XCOM:EW" off the initial list.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

Just naming some I did multiplayer stuff in recently.

Hammerwatch, Final Exam, Killing Floor, A Valley Without Wind, Sanctum 1 & 2, Dead Island and Dead Island Riptide, Garry's Mod, Alien Swarm, FEAR 3 (multiplayer modes are 4-player co-op), E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy, Farming Simulator 2013, Magicka, Castle Crashers, Lost Planet 2, Mercenary Kings, Monaco, Risk of Rain, Sniper Elite Nazi Zombie Army 1 & 2, Spiral Knights, Terraria, Starbound, and know there's others.

Ctrl + F12, or maybe it was CTRL + F10.

But it seems it also depends on the display driver you picked. I used DirectX6. It doesn't work on the newly included driver Glide.

Also do not alt-tab when switching between windows after turning Wizardry 8 in windowed mode, rather just click outside to exit, and click Wizardry 8 at the task bar when going back. Otherwise your keyboard input won't work once you alt-tabbed back.

Got it to work, think it wasn't working cause I was running emulated EQ in the background for some reason.

kcp12304

Banned
Errr, how does one get the promo $5 to put towards those games exactly? And the $5 promos stack? I'm only looking at "how cheap can I get XCOM:EW" off the initial list.

From this thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/1tr29v/amazon_pcdd_holiday_sale_6_dark_souls_6_brothers/

Like last year, any digital purchase will earn you a $5 promotional credit to spend in January on the Editor's Choice Best Games of 2013 list. We got some questions on this in yesterday's thread, so here's some answers.

Q: Do purchases under $5 receive credit?
A: Yes, any and all purchases in the digital game store before Dec. 31st will receive credit, regardless of price.
Q: How do I know how many credits I have?
A: Before Jan 3rd, keep count of your purchases, or look at purchase emails to find a total to expect. After Jan 3, you'll receive an email with all of your credits at once, it will tell you how many credits you have. You'll still need to keep count as you spend them.
Q: Can I redeem multiple credits on a single game?
A: No you will only be able to use one credit per purchase during the January Sale.
Q: Can I use a credit on a game that costs $5 or less? (Get the game for free?)
A: Yes, the credit will work on items that cost $5 or less, making them free.

No, they don't stack.

Wookieomg

So besides any more GAF recommendations or random gems that crop up, I just need Recettear, Cook Serve Delicious, and Unity of Command. Really hoping I see sales for those three by the end of this! I've given up my daydreaming of buying Rust or DayZ. :(

denx

So besides any more GAF recommendations or random gems that crop up, I just need Recettear, Cook Serve Delicious, and Unity of Command. Really hoping I see sales for those three by the end of this! I've given up my daydreaming of buying Rust or DayZ. :(

Unity of Command is already -70% so it's difficult for it to get any cheaper I think.

I just got an email from Steam:

The following games from your wishlist are on sale:

- Might and Magic: Heroes 6
- The Swapper
- Risk of Rain

NO SHIT STEAM THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP

After playing for about an hour, I like Shadowrun Returns. I dig isometric stuff RPGS, and I like how straightforward it is.

Anyone tried out of the community-made campaigns?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

Risk Of Rain and Monaco as mentioned.

Final Exam I was recently introduced to is a fun, though just competent, ide scroller beat-em-up.
Killing Floor, like Left 4 Dead, a survival FPS of working together, but more arena based. Humourous in it's monster design, and offers a lot more customisation in player choice.
Alien Swarm, a twin tick shooter with a sci-fi bent.
Nation Red, a twin stick shooter with a zombie bent.
Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II if you have a RPG need to fill.
Burnout Paradise, while not the structure of the single player, it has over a hundred "missions" and plenty of variety for you and friends to do together as you race and smash against each other.
Doom III with this mod. http://www.moddb.com/mods/opencoop
Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon, while not a great game by any means, you can take down giant insects ina Killer-B movie fashion in a game purposefully made as a "budget title" low quality. Fun and enjoyable to blow up everything with friends.
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara two beat-em-up arcade titles in one purchase made for 4 player co-op. Different classes to choose, loot and items to get, plenty of supporting each other, just classic Capcom of the 90s (when they were at their best).
Sanctum 2, tower defence mixed with FPS. Build towers and then take down waves of enemies with your various weapons, really needs two or more people for best enjoyment.
System Shock 2, with a bit of work. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=144319596
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, giant robots in a hoard battle.
Just Cause 2 with multiplayer mod. Okay so it's not quite up there as the others or as well designed, but trust me you can have a lot of fun with it. Two players flying large planes close to each other as the other two are on top of them trying to whip each other, or four player races or a game of tag or anything else in a giant sandbox. You can even have a bubble fight (there is a bubble gun in the game).

Wookieomg

Yeah I was just hoping it might dip into 80% range, considering I don't think it's been cheaper than this price, $5.99, since at least the summer sale. Figure they might have a flash sale or something. A man can dream. lol

Eternia

I assume you'll accept competitive games too since you included Sonic.

How about: Hoard (I would think 4 people could be fun), Renegade Ops, Castle Crashers, Warframe, Speedrunners, Dungeon Defenders, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet and Magicka.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Aww. It's okay. I'm one of the only people in my group of friends who can actually see the pictures. They always used to think I was just making stuff up.

Some people simply can't physically see them. Others just need it outlined for them before they can make out the pattern.

Now seeing images in clouds? Well that is just making it up.

i dont know if jshackles is on but my web browser crashes every single time i try to go to the market page with enhanced steam installed, doesnt happen when im logged in though
using firefox btw and before you tell me to use google chrome
no it doesnt work im cursed when it comes to opening it or something(tried literally everything, Windows 7 64bit btw)

Dec

Some people simply can't physically see them. Others just need it outlined for them before they can make out the pattern.

Now seeing images in clouds? Well that is just making it up.

The tree outside the house I grew up in had the face of an reptilian alien race I saw Hawkman fight in a cartoon.

But I think I was a crazy child. I went back there a few years back and didn't see shit. I can still remember it though, and the cartoon.

i dont know if jshackles is on but my web browser crashes every single time i try to go to the market page with enhanced steam installed, doesnt happen when im logged in though
using firefox btw and before you tell me to use google chrome
no it doesnt work im cursed when it comes to opening it or something(tried literally everything, Windows 7 64bit btw)

There is definitely some lock up for a second when it loads your totals for me.

Concept17

Well I'm regretting not picking up Skyrim on the daily. A friend of mine picked it up and installed a bunch of mods, and I'm super jealous now. I put in 100+ hours on the PS3 version, and enjoyed it quite a bit, and now realize I would love to use some mods, and eventually get the DLC.

Here's hoping it goes on sale come the 2nd.

Pulled the trigger on Brothers. Looks beautiful and it will give me some good use for my new dongle for my xbox360 controller. Also heard damn good things from y'all.

My friends and I really enjoy Left 4 Dead 2, and I'm looking for more fun games to play with them. This is the first I'm hearing of Monaco. Please sell me on this game (or other very fun multiplayer games). I'm pretty close to buying the 4-Pack for $18. I keep envisioning amazing moments during our heists, but I'm unsure how often those moments happen, if at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom