• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stereogram_Tut_Random_Dot_Shark.png

I can't see that shit ><

yuraya

From this thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/1tr29v/amazon_pcdd_holiday_sale_6_dark_souls_6_brothers/

Like last year, any digital purchase will earn you a $5 promotional credit to spend in January on the Editor's Choice Best Games of 2013 list. We got some questions on this in yesterday's thread, so here's some answers.

Q: Do purchases under $5 receive credit?
A: Yes, any and all purchases in the digital game store before Dec. 31st will receive credit, regardless of price.
Q: How do I know how many credits I have?
A: Before Jan 3rd, keep count of your purchases, or look at purchase emails to find a total to expect. After Jan 3, you'll receive an email with all of your credits at once, it will tell you how many credits you have. You'll still need to keep count as you spend them.
Q: Can I redeem multiple credits on a single game?
A: No you will only be able to use one credit per purchase during the January Sale.
Q: Can I use a credit on a game that costs $5 or less? (Get the game for free?)
A: Yes, the credit will work on items that cost $5 or less, making them free.

No, they don't stack.

Amazon is putting in work. Gotta love all the competition. Can't wait to see what these editors choice games will be.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
The best part about adding all these new people are the wonderful screenshots everyone shares. Even if I never play games with most of you, I will value your Steam friendship fellow GAFfers.

Anustart

Well, 5 hours later I've attained Glory to Arstotzka!

I dunno if I'll go hunting down endings I didn't receive, but I will probably play endless! Good, but not great game, though I don't think that's any fault of the developer. I believe this is about as good as the game could have been given the gameplay. I always chuckled when one dude showed up in my booth :3

Highly recommend the game.

Lain

I saw so many people grab that Wizardry pack that, as a good bandwagoner, I grabbed it too. I don't really have an interest to play it, but at least the game count went up, I guess.

Kadin

Try this one you cheaters.

ibkh9XJ3QLIzC7.jpg
I can get the image to appear but I'll be damned if I can actually make out what I'm seeing. Those colors and the pattern are horrible together. The other one I got instantly.

I've done these for years. I can instantly cross my eyes or whatever and see the image. But this perplexes me...

Hobobloke

Just got back from overseas, probably for the best I've been kept away from the holiday sale this year.

Only two games I'm really keen on picking up is Papers, Please and The Stanley Parable.

Noticed the latter is up as a flash sale right now, is 40% off the cheapest it's dropped too?

Sianos

Everyone should buy the Stanley Parable, a truly phenomenal experience!

Risk of Rain co-op with GAF buddies was very fun, we made it to
the fourth stage
. Shit got realll intense, we all had great fun for our first times.

Edit: Man I do want to get Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition, but at the same time I don't want to get it.
I'm in the same boat. I was sure I wanted to buy it earlier today, but now I'm thinking I should just wait until the next sale and hopefully I can grab it for $5. I am pretty good on games right now... pretty sure my current library will last me until the summer.

Toki767

Just got back from overseas, probably for the best I've been kept away from the holiday sale this year.

Only two games I'm really keen on picking up is Papers, Please and The Stanley Parable.

Noticed the latter is up as a flash sale right now, is 40% off the cheapest it's dropped too?

Yes, that's the cheapest. Papers, Please went 50% off as a flash sale as well.

bkw

Whoa, is that magic eye scanned from Nintendo Power? I remember seeing that, then mailing my answer in to get super power stamps.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm about done myself and am just waiting on GTA:SA (German version), Sniper Elite: Zombie Army (German version) and Guardians of Middle-earth. GOME I'll jump on come the last day even if it's not a featured deal as I want to get my hands on the Mithril Edition before the inevitable move to F2P. Hopefully PayPal has completed my refund by then.

do you have league of legends on steam?

I wish I had it to track my playtime. like this site that tracks your playtime from X date says I've played it for 1168 hours but I know it's more lol

You're not done. Not yet.

well there's not much more I want tbh. I kinda wanted ass creed rev but I think ass 3 is gonna be enough boredom for a while and the secret world was tempting but in the end I was prolly not gonna play it

nothing else in my wishlist will probably go cheap enough or I will get to play it soon enough (guacamelee) for me to actually buy it

I still gotta get the *mute endings in hate plus you know :3

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
With Opera 12 slowly going away and soon to be unsupported, I finally gave in and trying to make Chrome my go-to browser. It's not perfect, but at least it does have the more rich version of Enhanced Steam. Really great work as an extension.

Now if I could just be able to make my own shortcut keys set-up.

Edit: Not up yet, ...

BTW. what should be my 1000 game on Steam?

Race The Sun. It's an apt metaphor for how we behave with Steam.

Kadin

I'm in the same boat. I was sure I wanted to buy it earlier today, but now I'm thinking I should just wait until the next sale and hopefully I can grab it for $5. I am pretty good on games right now... pretty sure my current library will last me until the summer.
$5 right here...

10 hours in Cook, Serve, Delicious
4 hours in Hotline Miami
3 hours in Long Live The Queen
3 hours in Binding Of Issac
3 hours in L4D2
2 hours in Don't Starve

Being on break has its benefit, that i can actually play most of the games i'm buying.

Wookieomg

So just played my first couple of sessions on risk of rain. It is fucking amazing fun. Would love to play it co-op. I bet shit gets insane. :D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
btw do you install all the f2p games so they show up on your list?

In the past I manually kept track of the F2P games I'd bought DLC for, but despite Valve finally implementing a change earlier in the year that made F2P games bind themselves to your library in such cases, they're still not factored into your actual game count; something I think should also be changed, especially considering Valve fixed the bug that saw F2P games add to your game count if you'd played them.

Keric

This might be a bit off tangent, but can anyone recommend 4 player co-op games on Steam? I feel like they are few and far inbetween. So far my buddies and I have:

Torchlight 2, Sonic Transformed, Borderlands series, Payday 2, L4D series--I believe there are a few others but I can't recall off the top of my head.

I also recommend Forced. I just finished a gaming session with some friends, it was a blast. Yelling at each other as we try to get through a level. It's a puzzle action game, nothing else quite like it.

Oublieux

To everyone who gave their input on 4 player co-op games, I really appreciate it. Definitely looking into some of the titles right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom