• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadin

10 hours in Cook, Serve, Delicious
4 hours in Hotline Miami
3 hours in Long Live The Queen
3 hours in Binding Of Issac
3 hours in L4D2
2 hours in Don't Starve

Being on break has its benefit, that i can actually play most of the games i'm buying.
I find it really awesome and appropriate that Cook, Serve, Delicious is at the top of that chart. I haven't put in nearly that much time but I know I will from what I saw early on...

Milamber

I find it really awesome and appropriate that Cook, Serve, Delicious is at the top of that chart. I haven't put in nearly that much time but I know I will from what I saw early on...

I got CSD on my iPad and it seems better suited for hitting the ingredients on time.

zkylon

zkylewd
In the past I manually kept track of the F2P games I'd bought DLC for, but despite Valve finally implementing a change earlier in the year that made F2P games bind themselves to your library in such cases, they're still not factored into your actual game count; something I think should also be changed, especially considering Valve fixed the bug that saw F2P games add to your game count if you'd played them.

I don't think f2p games adding to your game count is so bad if you've played them :I

then again I ain't no collector

Kadin

I got CSD on my iPad and it seems better suited for hitting the ingredients on time.
Yeah from what I played so far, I see that it will become necessary to use the keyboard shortcuts. Trying to do stuff like the soda machine and even taking out the trace is a tad too time consuming with the mouse.

Untitled-1_zpsb1c144b1.jpg

Ranks up there with some of the better AWESOME REVIEWS.

Yeah from what I played so far, I see that it will become necessary to use the keyboard shortcuts. Trying to do stuff like the soda machine and even taking out the trace is a tad too time consuming with the mouse.

I do a mix of keyboard and mouse, and i'm doing pretty well, all things considered.

Vibranium

Banned
Should I wait to sell a foil Snow Globe card? I'm just wondering if prices will rise somewhat on the Market right before the cards disappear.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Prices will crash right before they disappear, it doesn't make any sense for them to go up. It's a buyer's market.

Yeah wouldn't prices be lower near the end because people are desperate to get rid of them before they disappear?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I don't think f2p games adding to your game count is so bad if you've played them :I

then again I ain't no collector

Me neither, but Valve's stance is that they shouldn't be factored into it at all, which, again, is something that should be changed now that they're bound to your library (not account per se) if you own DLC.

Xanathus

Brothers did not melt my heart of stone. If anything it hardened it into a flint-like exterior. What the fuck was that.

I groaned and rolled my eyes at the ending, saw it coming from the very start of the game
when I saw the kid at the gravestone
. It's a good game but it's way overhyped.

Jintor

I groaned and rolled my eyes at the ending, saw it coming from the very start of the game
when I saw the kid at the gravestone
. It's a good game but it's way overhyped.

It looks god damn gorgeous and I thought the primary mechanic was really interesting, but it was completely unexplored out of devotion to its story which I simply couldn't give two shits about.

Turfster

Sigh. I had to read that before the spoiler tag was added... Thanks.

Read what? The heartless robot comments on Brothers?
Don't worry, the greatness of Brothers is in experiencing the journey, not in maybe sort of knowing something about the destination based on a comment by someone with no heart.

Jintor

Read what? The heartless robot comments on Brothers?
Don't worry, the greatness of Brothers is in experiencing the journey, not in maybe sort of knowing something about the destination based on a comment by someone with no heart.

I liked Gone Home! Explain that away!

Vibranium

Banned
are you kidding? 30% cut on every sale, they're literally making money out of nothing

Heh, I know that, I didn't make much sense there. I mean, "keeping card values consistently up during a sale". But yeah, it's insanely profitable for them.

I just want card values to not crash. :p

now im broken.
bought:
wizardry 8
the incredible adventures of van helsing
the king of fighters xiii
castlevania lords of shadow ue
battlefield 2 complete collection
solar 2
deus ex invisible war
xcom enemy within (gifted)
eye divine cybermancy (gifted)
crysis maxmum edition

not bad.
my steam wallet might be bigger for the next big steam sales.

Xanathus

Sigh. I had to read that before the spoiler tag was added... Thanks.
That scene is literally the first thing you see in the game, and if you can piece together what's being spoiled from just that text then you would already have figured out the ending when you see that scene for yourself. You shouldn't play Brothers for the story and ending but for the journey and gameplay.

Turfster

I liked Gone Home! Explain that away!

Well you're not the one that added a spoiler tag to his comment, so you have at least half a heart!
Unless you really didn't feel anything at THAT moment when the realization hit you
Also, Gone Home was golden, so... of course you liked it!

I just want card values to not crash. :p

That would entail educating the unwashed masses that just want to get their cents NOW NOW NOW so they can go buy their next crack rock and just want to be first to sell.

Jintor

Well you're not the one that added a spoiler tag to his comment, so you have at least half a heart!
Unless you really didn't feel anything at THAT moment when the realization hit you
Also, Gone Home was golden, so... of course you liked it!

Only one moment where I genuinely felt connected:
Realising the brother trigger still worked when swimming home. Smart.
Apart from that though every bit of that game felt emotionally cloying.

Link Man

Banned
Wonder if Castlevania will be a daily on Tuesday or Wednesday. Kind of odd that it has only gotten a Flash sale so far.

(Sad that I missed the sale at GMG.)

For those tempted by Castlevania: Lords of Shadow this holiday season, please note that it's back on sale at Nuuvem for ~US$7.50 (which I think is still the lowest it has been available for).

I'll definitely be picking it up one of these days - maybe the next sale, perhaps.

Just missed that post, apparently. Thanks for the heads up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom