• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I wish Uplink was on sale for more than 50% off. Xander Cage told me he was playing that game in lecture and someone narced to the teacher on him for hacking.

When does Bad Rats 2 drop???

zkylon

zkylewd
Me neither, but Valve's stance is that they shouldn't be factored into it at all, which, again, is something that should be changed now that they're bound to your library (not account per se) if you own DLC.
so confusing :I

why can't you just play the damned games lol

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I wish people would stop posting spoiler tags not saying what they're for. I saw Gone Home and thought it was a Gone Home spoiler, but it seems to be for that Brothers game I haven't played yet, and I think I just got spoiled.

_hekk05

Banned
That would entail educating the unwashed masses that just want to get their cents NOW NOW NOW so they can go buy their next crack rock and just want to be first to sell.

Sure ... Until you realise that snowglobes disappear at a set period, so something is better than nothing.

Even for regular cards, it is obvious that after a sale, an influx of cards enters the market. Assuming there is no change in demand, prices will most definitely drop. Basic economics 101. Unless a majority of steam owners banded together into a cartel, that is.

We can call it the NeoGaf Trading Card Cartel. NTCC

Kadin

I regret Van Helsing.

It's fun but not that fun.
Yeah I played the demo and saw this myself. Almost bought it based on word of mouth and a discount but something told me to try the demo first. It's not terrible by any means, just not 'must buy now' material...

joe2187

Banned
Does anyone know if Super Street Fighter 4 has been a daily/flash sale yet?

mysteriously none of Capcoms games besides RE:R and RE6 have been on sale.

mostly any capcom game with GFWL in them.

EDIT: The only GFWL game from capcom that IS on sale is SFIV $14.99 not much of a sale .

Ceebs

I regret Van Helsing.

It's fun but not that fun.

I am liking what I have played so far, but the last Diablo-like I played was Torchlight 2 (and skipped Diablo 3 at least until I can get it for 20-30 bucks).

In the context of Cook, Serve, Delicious!, there is a burger on the menu named after him - the Ryan Davis Burger.

Yeah he added that in to pay his respects since Ryan gave him a load of early publicity when they did the Quicklook and gushed about the game.

Turfster

Sure ... Until you realise that snowglobes disappear at a set period, so something is better than nothing.

Even for regular cards, it is obvious that after a sale, an influx of cards enters the market. Assuming there is no change in demand, prices will most definitely drop. Basic economics 101. Unless a majority of steam owners banded together into a cartel, that is.

We can call it the NeoGaf Trading Card Cartel. NTCC

There is no economic reason for a card to drop to less than 10 cents in the first hour of its appearance though, except that people keep undercutting each other just to get money "quickly", which makes people that got undercut and have the same mentality undercut them again, etc... This waterfall doesn't stop until we hit rock bottom, and it never rises much.

For the more... dare I say cerebral games that don't have as many players, price fixing is usually much more of an option, since almost everyone seems to automatically agree on a set price.

jesus christ 17GB of mods to choose from for FF7
how on earth am i gonna be able to choose which ones to use lol
edit: someone buy my exceed cards so i can buy #10 snowglobe card and craft the badge

_hekk05

Banned
There is no economic reason for a card to drop to less than 10 cents in the first hour of its appearance though, except that people keep undercutting each other just to get money "quickly", which makes people that got undercut and have the same mentality undercut them again, etc... This waterfall doesn't stop until we hit rock bottom, and it never rises much.

For the more... dare I say cerebral games that don't have as many players, price fixing is usually much more of an option, since almost everyone seems to automatically agree on a set price.

Still a measure of demand and supply. If demand is not there, cheap cards will build, and the market will see that the price must drop for more sales.

If the demand is there, you can see that all the cheap cards by the undercutters will be snagged quickly, and the average price cards will form the bulk of the supply.

mysteriously none of Capcoms games besides RE:R and RE6 have been on sale.

mostly any capcom game with GFWL in them.

EDIT: The only GFWL game from capcom that IS on sale is SFIV $14.99 not much of a sale .

Yea I want to bite but I'll just wait until the last second of the sale in case it goes flash or daily

It was cheap at GMG. Bought Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition for £3-4 something.

Wish I had known. Now 15$ feels like a rip off even though its 50% off.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
so confusing :I

I just mean that the games follow you between systems as paid games do (something F2P games you don't own DLC for don't do), but despite this identical behaviour they're not factored into your game count.

why can't you just play the damned games lol

tumblr_inline_ml0s8laf9o02.gif

Decided I'm going to review the remaining 270 games left I have to review today.

Already did a few. Decided I'm doing comedy reviews for the most part.

I just mean that the games follow you between systems as paid games do (something F2P games you don't own DLC for don't do), but despite this identical behaviour they're not factored into your game count.

tumblr_inline_ml0s8laf9o02.gif

You are normal, the abnormals are the ones that play their steam games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom