• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't it be the same thing if I buy it for 15$ now and upgrade for 15$ instead of waiting for it to release for 30$?

If you buy the standalone release of USF4 you get all previously released costumes for the characters and costumes for the 5 new characters.

If you upgrade Super/AE to Ultra, I think, you'll only get costumes for the 5 new characters.

_hekk05

Banned
safe for now!

tUO5r92.jpg

798220-20animated_gifu9sug.gif

Wait til the end where you must
either win a war using magic, win a one-on-one with magic, or charm the shit outta the invader with music.

Just finished gunpoint. Overall a pretty nice game. I had trouble at the end cus
I disabled an alarm which turned out to be the way to open the trapdoor.

http://www.pentadact.com/category/conwaysblog/?K=6&U=33&C0=3&E1=2&C1=6&E2=1&C2=2&C3=3&C4=3&C5=1

_hekk05

Banned
wait what

i love this fucking game

LLTQ spoilers. Read at your own risk. _hekk05 will not be held responsible for irreparable damaged gameplay experience.

If you cannot use magic to nuke the fuck outta the enemy fleet and fail the naval battle, the enemy prince guy or something will propose a one-on-one with you. Either take him out using magic and swords, or die. Or don't fight and charm him with your sophisticated music that reminds him of peace. Or die I guess.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hahaha, oh that's our good old PalmDesert as per usual. :p

That's not even the highest level. I forget the name, but there's one user with I think over level 300 or some such on snow globes! o_O

Someone hit level 500, but that was with the standard badge, not the foil badge. Desert's 100 is the higest I've come across.

Arthea

What is your opinion about remember me game ?

Ideas are there, but a game itself is disappointing and I wanted to like it.
Combat isn't as good as it could be, programmable combos is great idea, but tempo of execution is off, it is too slow, feels sluggish somewhat. Memory hacking again isn't as fun as it could be. I haven't played much and not sure I wanna finish it, but it's not a bad game, just not very fun.

I regret Van Helsing.

It's fun but not that fun.

I regret Trine 2 :/

Sooo fucking floaty. It's basically "Play as Mage annnnnd ... fight people with Warroir? Girl's not needed lol".

Maybe it's fun with other people playing though. But as it stands this game gave me a head ache with it's physics.

Sooo fucking floaty. It's basically "Play as Mage annnnnd ... fight people with Warroir? Girl's not needed lol".

Maybe it's fun with other people playing though. But as it stands this game gave me a head ache with it's physics.

Trine 2 was ok, I finished it though the later levels felt like a chore, but I don't think I'll finish the Goblin Menace DLC.

_hekk05

Banned

Wut. You use the archer to swing around and get to hard to reach potions. Plus you can use her exploding arrows to destroy things. You only really need either the mage or the archer to win the game.

If you buy the standalone release of USF4 you get all previously released costumes for the characters and costumes for the 5 new characters.

If you upgrade Super/AE to Ultra, I think, you'll only get costumes for the 5 new characters.

I never usually care about costumes, but since it's all of them I'll just wait for the USF4 release.

Arthea

I was in the same boat, as much as I like how Trine games look, I don't want to play them. I'm even not sure what's wrong, just get bored really fast.
Then again I like 1 platformer in 100 or less (><)

Anteater

You could use the other classes to kill stuff, mage could drag enemies, block arrows with them, dragging them into pit and trap them with boxes, all 3 classes have their ways of dealing with the combat and puzzles, problem is that they get too easy later on when you learn most of their skills. Warrior is actually the boring class especially in coop.

Archer is as capable and could get through a lot of puzzles with the swing.

Tehalemi

Someone hit level 500, but that was with the standard badge, not the foil badge. Desert's 100 is the higest I've come across.

Indeed, plans are on getting just up to 5 on the standard on my end and that's it. :T

I made a goal this sale to lower my wishlist blow 20 games from 25, and after getting $100 worth of Steam gift cards for Christmas I'm down to 18 including DLC for the games I do own, so I'm gonna have to pass on the foil version for this one.

It was tempting though. :p

Asskicker

Any idea if Dead Island Riptide will be coming back in the sale? I missed it the first time and can't find it on sale anywhere else, or it's region locked.

I'm just looking for a good co-op game, can't seem to find any I haven't played yet.

Caerith

LLTQ spoilers. Read at your own risk. _hekk05 will not be held responsible for irreparable damaged gameplay experience.

If you cannot use magic to nuke the fuck outta the enemy fleet and fail the naval battle, the enemy prince guy or something will propose a one-on-one with you. Either take him out using magic and swords, or die. Or don't fight and charm him with your sophisticated music that reminds him of peace. Or die I guess.

LLTQ rebuttal to spoilers, which are also spoilers:

You don't need magic to take out the enemy fleet if you had the foresight to prepare a fleet of your own and the military knowledge to lead that fleet to victory. You could probably also win by making allies of nations with fleets of their own.

safe for now!

tUO5r92.jpg

798220-20animated_gifu9sug.gif
This game becomes SOOO much more freeing when you understand that you basically have to do
2 key things to get through it
(or atleast that's how it was the way I have been playing it)

Wait til the end where you must
either win a war using magic, win a one-on-one with magic, or charm the shit outta the invader with music.
You missed one ...

Have your daddy beat him to death with daddy magics IF you tell your agents to look out for lumans cause you think one may be after you. He will get the information and prep himself for a magic brawl if things come down to it.

I gotta try to replay this game as a smart/ charming-non-magic girl. After I found out that
the dick mage killed my mother
I had to replay the game in full on raging Mage mode and I even
forfited the sea war just to face him one-on-one
. Hell, at some point I had so much military and magic maxed out I didn't know where to put my points in the mean time before the finally.

Finished it as both a nice and beloved Mage and a power grabbing feared mage ... gonna go for
lesbian nice-non-mage and power grabbing war-machine-non-mage
next.

_hekk05

Banned

You don't need magic to take out the enemy fleet if you had the foresight to prepare a fleet of your own and the military knowledge to lead that fleet to victory. You could probably also win by making allies of nations with fleets of their own.

More LLTQ spoilers

which is why i said nuke the enemy fleet, or lose the naval battle.

Arthea

That's would be my plan for the next game - to avoid this war, but I still am not quite sure how to go about it, or is it even possible. I know how to win this war in multiple ways, I don't know how to avoid it entirely. Have you tried this?

Oreoleo

I did a double take just now when I saw South Park: Stick of Truth in the new releases section.

...Hasn't been updated with the new release date, still says "December 2013"

Garcia

You guys think Cook Serve Delicious will be back as a daily? I m missed the flash.

Maybe as a flash even (?). Plenty of us are still waiting for it to show up again on either list. They've featured games like Guacamelee twice so I don't see why they wouldn't do that with CSD.

Remember Me is a decent game. I bought it a few days ago for $10 which I feel is the right price. Really, the environments and setting are what made it interesting to me. The combat is slightly unresponsive and gets old fairly quickly, and much like Uncharted the "platforming" might as well not exist since there's absolutely no skill or precision involved. I was excited for the remixes but realizing there was only one set way to progress in them was disappointing. Still, I beat the game in 2 days and it held my interest throughout which is rare for me. If anyone was interested in it before I would say get it. If you watch the videos and the aesthetic doesn't do anything for you, you should probably skip it.

Probably already mentioned but do look up a little something called Wiz8fast if you pick up Wizardry 8.

The default battle speed is an absolute crawl.
Also it's one of those games where using non-damage/healing spells can be extremely effective. Put an entire group of enemies to sleep, render them insane so they fight each other, etc.

Caerith

More LLTQ spoilers

which is why i said nuke the enemy fleet, or lose the naval battle.
Ah, I read it as "and" not "or."

That's would be my plan for the next game - to avoid this war, but I still am not quite sure how to go about it, or is it even possible. I know how to win this war in multiple ways, I don't know how to avoid it entirely. Have you tried this?
I think some events are set in stone, and that is one of them. Still you can be prepared for it by passing certain skill checks on the day
you see the shooting star
. Those skills are either
divination
or
a combination of logistics and trade

dani_dc

You missed one ...

Have your daddy beat him to death with daddy magics IF you tell your agents to look out for lumans cause you think one may be after you. He will get the information and prep himself for a magic brawl if things come down to it.

There's at least one more:

Have high court manners without exploring Lumen magic, if you accept the duel, your dad will use the Lumen Crystal on himself and battle the enemy but die. Since the other dude agreed that he'd end the invasion if he got the crystal, he does so as long as you bow to him (if you refuse so, you'll die).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom