• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

usea

Oh god dammit. I bought far cry 3 blood dragon the other day. I just went to play it and it installed uplay without even asking me. And I guess it requires it. I can't even play it without creating a uplay account. This is fucking bullshit. I want my money back.

This happened to me before, with From Dust, which I promptly deleted and added to my "hidden" category on steam. I'm so pissed I didn't know this would have uplay when I bought it.

This is not true, they all have 'secret endings'
oh really? That's cool then. I know there are different ways it can end but then it tells you to rewind and try again the right way. Are there actually different things you can do to alter the person's personality, even slightly? I might go back and do them again.

Divius

Oh god dammit. I bought far cry 3 blood dragon the other day. I just went to play it and it installed uplay without even asking me. And I guess it requires it. I can't even play it without creating a uplay account. This is fucking bullshit. I want my money back.

This happened to me before, with From Dust, which I promptly deleted and added to my "hidden" category on steam. I'm so pissed I didn't know this would have uplay when I bought it.
gSBLlcv.png

You were warned.

It still sucks though.

Wut. You use the archer to swing around and get to hard to reach potions. Plus you can use her exploding arrows to destroy things. You only really need either the mage or the archer to win the game.

You could use the other classes to kill stuff, mage could drag enemies, block arrows with them, dragging them into pit and trap them with boxes, all 3 classes have their ways of dealing with the combat and puzzles, problem is that they get too easy later on when you learn most of their skills. Warrior is actually the boring class especially in coop.

Archer is as capable and could get through a lot of puzzles with the swing.

The only "Rouge" puzzle I have come across so far is a stupid timed swing one .... and after passing it a few times with her but being sent back because of something right after it I just said fuck it and made the Mage make to boxes and a plank to cross it.

So far the physics don't help at ALL for the rouge. I can do most things she's for with the mage with a bit if thought.

IDK, gonna try playing with the skills cause all I gave her was the first ice arrow skills ... and I noticed that you can change skills on the fly so why not put them where ever and text it out?

There's at least one more:

Have high court manners without exploring Lumen magic, if you accept the duel, your dad will use the Lumen Crystal on himself and battle the enemy but die. Since the other dude agreed that he'd end the invasion if he got the crystal, he does so as long as you bow to him (if you refuse so, you'll die).

Well that's just the bitch way out ... and no one wants to take the bitch way out.

Gotta go HARD if you're gonna be Queen. >_>

Arthea

Well there was that one time with Injustice winning and all...

Everything with CatwomanBatman in it wins by default.

I think some events are set in stone, and that is one of them. Still you can be prepared for it by passing certain skill checks on the day
you see the shooting star
. Those skills are either
divination
or
a combination of logistics and trade

I got it checked one time and I still faced a war, I think.
Not sure now, I need to begin to write things down ;)

Turfster

oh really? That's cool then. I know there are different ways it can end but then it tells you to rewind and try again the right way. Are there actually different things you can do to alter the person's personality, even slightly? I might go back and do them again.

More Remember Me Spoilers
It's been a while,
but from what I remember, I think so. The Olga one just gives you more backstory, and the main story stays basically the same, tho.

Is there any down side to selling trading cards? I won't be able to craft badges, or increase my level, or get coupons, but I don't really care about those things. Is there anything else?

Anteater

The only "Rouge" puzzle I have come across so far is a stupid timed swing one .... and after passing it a few times with her but being sent back because of something right after it I just said fuck it and made the Mage make to boxes and a plank to cross it.

So far the physics don't help at ALL for the rouge. I can do most things she's for with the mage with a bit if thought.

IDK, gonna try playing with the skills cause all I gave her was the first ice arrow skills ... and I noticed that you can change skills on the fly so why not put them where ever and text it out?

I mean there are puzzles where you could use other classes to get through instead of always using the same one if you find them boring, like you could either stack boxes on mage to get over some high walls but you could also use mage to drag a barrel to the spikes, then use grappling hook on it to swing across on archer, but if you have a lot of points put onto mage then it's probably going to be the more useful class.

The game give you a bit of freedom to do things differently, so if you find using only 1 class boring it's more fun to use them all and trying different skills since you could respec them any way you want.

Momentary

Banned
Holy crap. Remember Me won? Awesome. People are going to be in for a treat with the environments and music.

Too bad Capcom doesn't bring other big titles to the PC... I think they are allergic to money. Would kill for an HD collection of DMC and other hugely requested games like Dragon's Dogma and that new F2P money stealing PS4 game that looks like Dogma's and Soul's love child.

Well That Gung Ho company better not screw over its main audience and bring Lily Bergamo to PC now that they own Grasshopper Man. I'm still holding on to hope since they co-developed Sine Mora. Xseed better work on getting some of their games published on the platform too.

Hopefully this sale helped people realize some shit.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Triple Town and Nihilumbra are both titles I've already enjoyed on Facebook and iOS respectfully, but neither are titles I greatly say deserve that much attention because they hit large hits on those respectful platforms. Contraption Maker on the other hand is something that looks like it could be a lot of fun and provide some truly amazing works by players.

So as the successor to The Incredible Machine, I say vote for that. If nothing else, because Cooperative Multiplayer of building complex machines is bound to be hilarious.

Arthea

Let's see how Agarest gets lead in top sellers (><)
It's good discount, if only I knew it'll come this soon, I would have waited.

Toki767

Triple Town and Nihilumbra are both titles I've already enjoyed on Facebook and iOS respectfully, but neither are titles I greatly say deserve that much attention. Contraption Maker on the other hand is something that looks like it could be a lot of fun and provide some truly amazing works by players.

So as the successor to The Incredible Machine, I say vote for that. If nothing else, because Cooperative Multiplayer of building complex machines is bound to be hilarious.

Contraption Maker would've gotten my vote if it weren't Early Access.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I never understood why Wizardry bundle is cheaper.

I'm gonna watch a gameplay vid first.

If I buy the bundle and gift it to myself, can I keep Wizardy 8 and give away 6 and 7?
tbqh you'd be turned off by watching a gameplay vid, unless it's one of those technical vids

And sadly it seems to be a whole pack, can't send the others.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bah, there's an RU-specific sub for the Grid 2 DLC pack and it hasn't been discounted like the ROW version. Hopefully this changes before the sale is over.

Sora_N

Just bought Agarest, so damn cheap. I was gonna buy on PS3 but for < $7 might as well buy on PC. I own Agarest Zero and didn't play it since I never played 1 lol.

Cerity

Oh man, both remember me and agarest are on and I don't have funds left atm :( Hopefully we'll see them again at some other point.

Lain

I want Contrast, but I'll wait on the Amazon EC deals, since it'll be so much cheaper for me there.

In other news, I've been playing Psychonauts, I didn't think I could like the game so much.

Card Boy

Banned
Just bought Agarest, so damn cheap. I was gonna buy on PS3 but for < $7 might as well buy on PC. I own Agarest Zero and didn't play it since I never played 1 lol.

Game is terrible man and it has nothing to do with graphics or the sexual innuendo the game has. The gameplay is hot garbage. Don't take my word for it just look at the 51 metacritic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom