• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora_N

Game is terrible man and it has nothing to do with graphics or the sexual innuendo the game has. The gameplay is hot garbage. Don't take my word for it just look at the 51 metacritic.

Already bought! Still going to check it out lol.

liezryou

Just bought Agarest, so damn cheap. I was gonna buy on PS3 but for < $7 might as well buy on PC. I own Agarest Zero and didn't play it since I never played 1 lol.

I wanna buy it, but i have principals against buying games with so much damn DLC. Especially since it's just a port.

Sora_N

I wanna buy it, but i have principals against buying games with so much damn DLC. Especially since it's just a port.

Can't remember what the PS3 one had, but the Steam port has some DLC already included?

Buy Agarest: Generations of War
The base game includes the following bonus content, all for free!
The Basic Pack
The Offense/Defense Pack
The Additional-Points Pack
The first four Add-On Dungeons
The Recovery Skill Pack
The Flower Pack
The General-Purpose

Rflagg

Maybe not the best place to ask, but since Agarest seems to be almost universally hated are there any good grid based srpgs on on pc, available steam would be preferred.

Maybe not the best place to ask, but since Agarest seems to be almost universally hated are there any good grid based srpgs on on pc, available steam would be preferred.

I've heard King's Bounty is good.

I'm probably just going to wait until I get paid and get Jeanne D'Arc and Tactics Ogre on my Vita.

grimmiq

Waiting to see if DMC4 drops a bit more, but til then I'm looking to pick up 1 more Character Action Game this sale..

Which is better overall? Remember Me for $12.49 or Deadpool for $7.49?

Waiting to see if DMC4 drops a bit more, but til then I'm looking to pick up 1 more Character Action Game this sale..

Which is better overall? Remember Me for $12.49 or Deadpool for $7.49?

I would say that would depend entirely on how much you like Deadpool.

I bought the game at full price...

Eusis

I've heard King's Bounty is good.

I'm probably just going to wait until I get paid and get Jeanne D'Arc and Tactics Ogre on my Vita.
And I think we're supposed to see Trails in the Sky 1 on Steam next month or shortly afterwards, so if you want a JRPG itch that'd probably be one of the best ways to scratch it on PC.

EDIT: Actually, it's worth noting Trails in the Sky actually does have some TRPG-esque elements in it: combat is grid based though movement is MOSTLY automatic, positioning matters... it's kind of like some missing link between the combat systems of Lunar and Grandia actually, being fully turn based but incorporating elements like disrupting enemy attacks, along with stuff BOTH should've had like being able to pick a specific place to move to on the battle field.

Arthea

You are stuck with Agarest, and even if it isn't a good game, it's only one we have.
And it's TRPG, not SRPG. There are SRPGs on steam in quantities.

So my New Years Resolution is gonna be to not buy any more games. I've bought way too many this year. I should be able to finish a bunch of them if I don't buy any more this year.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah instead of buying Agarest go buy Wizardry.

Also wtf is today's community choices. Never heard of these games.

Eusis

Yeah instead of buying Agarest go buy Wizardry.

Also wtf is today's community choices. Never heard of these games.
That's the damning thing though: once Agarest popped up Wizardry vanished!
So my New Years Resolution is gonna be to not buy any more games. I've bought way too many this year. I should be able to finish a bunch of them if I don't buy any more this year.
Regardless of how smart an idea that may be this is possibly one of the worst years for me to attempt something like this. Dark Souls II, Trails in the Sky SC, Bravely Default, possibly X... It's like all the games I'd want most or have been wanting the most (for years at that in the case of SC!) are dropping fast! Though honestly compromising at "only get the stuff you really, REALLY want" isn't a bad idea, there's so many Steam sale games that may look neat, but unless it's a dollar or two (and even then) it's a good idea to be pragmatic and ask if you'll REALLY play that, ever.

Dec

The controls are insanely bad in Guacamelee. One button for fucking everything. This is the reason I despise using a controller for anything.

Really frustrating. It's all press this button while holding this direction, but all of the special abilities are on the same buttons.

You tried to headbutt at the end of your combo but were too close to the wall? Guess were doing the ability where when you're on a wall you can hit Y (headbutt button) to jump to an adjacent wall. Now their shield is back, whoops.

It wouldn't be so bad if the game wasn't really fucking hard. Feeling like the controls are causing you to make mistakes is a huge part of why I play games on a PC.

Toki767

The controls are insanely bad in Guacamelee. One button for fucking everything. This is the reason I despise using a controller for anything.

Really frustrating. It's all press this button while holding this direction, but all of the special abilities are on the same buttons.

You tried to headbutt at the end of your combo but were too close to the wall? Guess were doing the ability where when you're on a wall you can hit Y (headbutt button) to jump to an adjacent wall. Now their shield is back, whoops.

It wouldn't be so bad if the game wasn't really fucking hard. Feeling like the controls are causing you to make mistakes is a huge part of why I play games on a PC.

I hope you're using a d-pad instead of an analog stick. It makes a huge difference.

I think a better resolution is to make sure that you try all newly bought games for 2-3 hours at least, and buy new games after that. 2014 will have a lot of great new games that you don't want to miss out on.

liezryou

Can't remember what the PS3 one had, but the Steam port has some DLC already included?

Buy Agarest: Generations of War
The base game includes the following bonus content, all for free!
The Basic Pack
The Offense/Defense Pack
The Additional-Points Pack
The first four Add-On Dungeons
The Recovery Skill Pack
The Flower Pack
The General-Purpose

And then 20 others which are not.

Eusis

I think a better resolution is to make sure that you try all newly bought games for 2-3 hours at least, and buy new games after that. 2014 will have a lot of great new games that you don't want to miss out on.
Well, everyone has different preferences, and to be honest I could probably skip all but a small handful of the "AAA" titles and most of those are fringe AAA anyway like Dark Souls II or Witcher 3. That's kind of the thing to remember though: is it just something that looks neat? Something that a lot of people are talking about? Or is it truly a game you've been dying to play?

Well, everyone has different preferences, and to be honest I could probably skip all but a small handful of the "AAA" titles and most of those are fringe AAA anyway like Dark Souls II or Witcher 3. That's kind of the thing to remember though: is it just something that looks neat? Something that a lot of people are talking about? Or is it truly a game you've been dying to play?

Well I had two games like that in 2013, but a list of 7 or 8 for 2014.

But the point is more that there is no real value in trying to push yourself to play all backlog games. I mean, if you have 50 games in your backlog, is that 50 games that you had been dying to play? :)

People are taking the backlog thing to serious. You should try everything you buy, but you shouldn't expect all purchases to be "Must beat!" games. I've got about 20-30 games on my Steam list that I haven't beaten, but it's only the Fallout: New Vegas DLC I consider backlog games I must beat. I have tried the other games though.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Yay, the community came through when it mattered most. Remember Me bought!

Also, voting hard for Contraption Maker. By the makers of The Incredible Machine? I loved those as a kid!

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Yeah if you're gonna be a D grade JRPG with $100 in DLC at least discount it you turds.

Dec

I was going to finish Guacamelee before getting into Valdis because they are similar but I think I'll just skip Guac. No interest in the story and I stopped having fun with it hours ago.

Ikon

Ok, so I have a problem I hope you guys can help me with. I missed out on the BL2 GOTY sale a few days ago and it's really the only game I was planning to buy on this sale. Do I now go for flash sale BL2 without DLC or hope for GOTY to make a repeat on the final day?

I'm lost here.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
i got borderlands 2 as my 300th game. I heard that there's no reason to play BL1 first after BL2 came out.

Pretty much, like Torchlight and Torchlight 2. The sequels are improved in almost every possible way while the core game is so similar and story so irrelevant there's no reason to ever play the first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom