• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gabel at this very moment...

iVGNA6MHiVU0C.gif
Okay this got me lol

Splatt

Heh, since Steam is waiting for the rapture I was wonder if I could have some advice?

I have the option to chose one free Steam game from the below:

• Dirt 3 (I already have this on console.)
  • Farcry 3: Blood Dragon (Which is also on amazon for $5 right now)
Games I already own, so they would end up a gift or Modbot giveaway:

• Hitman: Absolution
  • Sleeping Dogs

What should I choose?

FC3: Blood Dragon if you like 80s cartoon/movies and FPS genre in general.

An IRL friend gifted me Ducktales Remastered during this sale and having played two first levels (Amazon and Transylvania) and I love it. The game delivers exactly what it should be, excellent sound and art, it improves the aspects that made the original dated but remains what made the original so good.

It's a short game though but has replayability at least for a second run, you can raise the difficulty and aim to collect everything on second run.

It 6$ now on Amazon and it's pretty decent price. I'd recommend it for sure, not many games deliver the same experience than this game, especially if you have nostalgia for this game or old games in general, it's a cheering feeling to see a remake do a such loyal but uplifting job for the game. On the other hand, you might want to wait even a lower price of course if you don't want to play it yet, it'll probably be even few bucks cheaper down the line even it's Capcom published.

Compared to original

Dr.Acula

Banned
Heh, since Steam is waiting for the rapture I was wonder if I could have some advice?

Unless you love love love Dirt and have like a wheel or an Occulus rift or something, go for Blood Dragon.

• Sleeping Dogs

What should I choose?

I'm curious about Sleeping Dogs, personally.

rtcn63

• Sleeping Dogs

What should I choose?

FC3:BD isn't bad, and can be pretty enjoyable if you consume '80s references like a madman. If you've played the regular FC3 and loved it, BD is arguably is a big step down since so many elements are removed. For me, it got repetitive very quickly.

• Sleeping Dogs

What should I choose?

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, that's what I would choose, it's a fun FPS

btw, I'll keep an eyeon your Hitman giveaway, if you run a modbot giveaway obviously

Miguel81

An IRL friend gifted me Ducktales Remastered during this sale and having played two first levels (Amazon and Transylvania) and I love it. The game delivers exactly what it should be, excellent sound and art, it improves the aspects that made the original dated but remains what made the original so good.

It's a short game though but has replayability at least for a second run, you can raise the difficulty and aim to collect everything on second run.

It 6$ now on Amazon and it's pretty decent price. I'd recommend it for sure, not many games deliver the same experience than this game, especially if you have nostalgia for this game or old games in general, it's a cheering feeling to see a remake do a such loyal but uplifting job for the game. On the other hand, you might want to wait even a lower price of course if you don't want to play it yet, it'll probably be even few bucks cheaper down the line even it's Capcom published.

GMG has the same deal(5.99) + 20% off code = 4.80

Vibranium

Banned
For the New Year Valve should probably make a resolution for some better servers and a Steam team that can anticipate these problems and fix them faster.

Anyways I'll check out Amazon in the meantime, the client eventually will regenerate like the Doctor does today.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Intheflorsh:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition -- MB-ACF20342942E6788 - Taken by xJavonta. 27 entrants total.
Binary Domain -- MB-BEFB79F25CF92B36 - Taken by Handsomejan. 50 entrants total.
Brothers -- MB-D8F0B82215E2320E - Taken by kevin1025. 130 entrants total.
XCOM: Enemy Unknown -- MB-F42DE9434BAA9BF1 - Taken by Arthea. 58 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition -- MB-56F9EB8BC03BAC34 - Taken by DorianD. 13 entrants total.

t1388010806z1.png

Last minute!

Copons

What do you think guys? Get Dark Souls from Amazon or wait for a possible Steam daily?

When it comes to Dark Souls, there is no "wait for the daily" rule, because if you buy it now and tomorrow it goes daily at 90% off, for you will be just a valuable metagaming lesson about pain and despair.

hohoXD123

Turfster

According to MS, I'm in a Tier 2 country so yeah...I suppose so....Who needs Christmas over here anyways...the children can gnaw on lumps of coal. ALL BECAUSE STEAM DIED, THANKS GABEN!

And then it died again. Sigh.
Well, at least I got to vote.

(I'm also in a MS Tier 2 country, but fuck MS)

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

• Sleeping Dogs

What should I choose?

If Dirt 3 is Steam, I'll buy it from you for $5 and you can use that $5 to get Blood Dragon on Amazon.

syko de4d

f***, finished Deponia, which i got from steam deals some days ago, it was really great now i need a sale for Deponia 2 and 3 :/
Playing it remembered me of the times where i played day of the tentacle :)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
"There was a problem registering your vote."

NickCageYOUDON'TSAY.jpg

Fucks sake people, stop hammering Valve and let me vote and then you can vote after me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom