• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cth

Why is this the first I've heard about this game?

Viscera Cleanup Detail: Shadow Warrior

I mean, I heard about Viscera Cleanup Detail before, but I didn't know they made a version for the new Shadow Warrior (which looks great, I remember playing the original back in the day)

Now someone needs to mod the game into that showdown from Kill Bill :D

RS4-

Dunder with the realest challenge, too bad I only have Dk and Synapse and I don't know if I can handle 1 hr of DK.

Synapse, I'm just a scrub

Remind me what Warhammer Space Marine DLC are worth getting?

As minimumhippo said, it's all multiplayer focused. Power sword adds a weapon that's barely different from the chainsword. You'll never find a game of dreadnought. Chaos Unleashed is actually worth getting as it expands on the co-op stuff which I thought was the best part of the game. Everything else in cosmetic so unless there's a particular chapter you want to look like, ignore it.

Tizoc

As minimumhippo said, it's all multiplayer focused. Power sword adds a weapon that's barely different from the chainsword. You'll never find a game of dreadnought. Chaos Unleashed is actually worth getting as it expands on the co-op stuff which I thought was the best part of the game. Everything else in cosmetic so unless there's a particular chapter you want to look like, ignore it.

So just chaos unleashed then? Thanks will grab it off gmg.
EDIT: Ah wait I can still play as Space Marines in Chaso unleashed right?

maty

What's funny is that I ended up cheesing my way through Bone to Bone.
I had already completed the Caverna del Pollo rooms and had gotten all the orbs, so I just put on Skeleton Luchador, took the elevator down, went all the way to the right and flew upwards to the last room using the flying ability in chicken form. That way the room activates and you don't need to go through the entire challenge
. I didn't even feel guilty about it after all the time I wasted in those orb challenges, lol.

Lol, I also read about that but decided to do it the hard way anyway xD

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I've been playing Castlevania: Lords of Shadow proper on PC (danke cheap sales, GMG I think) since my brief mingling with the PS3 build and though I want to like it this game is the total embodiment of molasses pacing and stretching upgrade/skill drops and basic gameplay over faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar too long stretches of play. The game takes fucking forever to do anything. I'm at the end of the second chapter (I know, still early) but everything has felt like the worlds longest, dullest tutorial.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
it was on a humble bundle the week of release and that blew my mind

yeah a Deadalic bundle which I skipped since I had everything else :(

Also Ubisoft never putting the Settlers games on sale annoys me (well I mean as a daily or something, more than the 50% it has)

Arkanius

I've been playing Castlevania: Lords of Shadow proper on PC (danke cheap sales, GMG I think) since my brief mingling with the PS3 build and though I want to like it this game is the total embodiment of molasses pacing and stretching upgrade/skill drops and basic gameplay over faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar too long stretches of play. The game takes fucking forever to do anything. I'm at the end of the second chapter (I know, still early) but everything has felt like the worlds longest, dullest tutorial.

Chapter 1 and 2 are a fucking drag
It gets way better now on

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

The first 3 chapters are like that but after that it gets way better.

Kifimbo

Gets better.

Arthea

any thoughts on Journey of a Roach?

It's ... different, I like being able to walk on walls and ceiling as any other person, but like all Daedalic games, it's not for everyone, I got stuck not that far into a game after trying everything I can think of (><)
Need to get back to it.
It's not very helpful, I know, if you are a big fan of p&c games it's worth to check, if not, there are better games out there.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I dont know how short on cash you are. 2 euros and change is one of those "ill try anything, its less than a sandwitch" things for me.

Yeah, it is for me too, but I still don't want to waste that money if the game is outright bad. But it sounds like it might be worth it after all.

So just chaos unleashed then? Thanks will grab it off gmg.
EDIT: Ah wait I can still play as Space Marines in Chaso unleashed right?

It's the exterminatus mode but you play as a chaos space marine and you'll be fighting loyalist guard and marines, and orks. If you've no intention of playing co-op, don't bother with it as it gets too difficult to solo quite soon in.

AHA-Lambda

Yeah, it's a pretty solid game overall but my god it's got a slooooow ass introduction.

Macmanus

Since Deadlight is being mentioned as a short game, what are some other cheap short games I should be looking at? I love me some shorties.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It's ... different, I like being able to walk on walls and ceiling as any other person, but like all Daedalic games, it's not for everyone, I got stuck not that far into a game after trying everything I can think of (><)
Need to get back to it.
It's not very helpful, I know, if you are a big fan of p&c games it's worth to check, if not, there are better games out there.

it was helpful enough, bought :p

antitrop

I completely agree, the beginning of Lords of Shadow is absolutely awful, but I've heard from nearly everyone that it picks up significantly after that. So I'm going to stick with it.

liezryou

I couldn't get through the first chapter, so props to you for getting that far. Gameplay was so stale, the combat so boring.

Marcel

Getting through the world's longest, dullest tutorial only gets you more of the dull, transparent God of War gameplay/story.

Nabs

That's pretty much where I gave up. Maybe I'll go back to it some day.

cripterion

You guys know other games like Binary Domain? I finished the game a few days ago and already missing the atmosphere and the gameplay. I keep picking up games on Steam but find them a bit crappy (Remember Me and Snow being the latest ones)

Seconding the 360 controller. ETS2 is just an overall fantastic game. A controller works perfectly, you might want to poke around online (or in the OT) for a good setup though.

Do you still need the keyboard for some controls or can you play it entirely in comfy controller mode?

Shepard

I finished it recently and I liked it a lot, but I have to agree with you. I was forcing myself to finish it near the end and I think they focused too much in the cinematic experience, so there were lots of pointless segments that would just show off the vistas, the enviroment... Felt good at the beginning but were really frustrating halfway through. Also, I hate the platforming segments, especially those during the final chapters: either accommodate your game's controls and handling to make it responsive or dont focus half of the gameplay around it.

Rhaknar

I bought and beat 10 000 000 on ios, I want to buy just buy just to pad my steam count :(

is the game cool? always heard good things, about to buy it on GMG (trying to get enough credit so its free lol)

Tizoc

It's the exterminatus mode but you play as a chaos space marine and you'll be fighting loyalist guard and marines, and orks. If you've no intention of playing co-op, don't bother with it as it gets too difficult to solo quite soon in.

TBH I don't like Chaos Marines much, more of a Space Marine alignment for me, so if this multiplayer mode is for playing as Chaos Marines only I'll skip it.

Krakn3Dfx

You guys know other games like Binary Domain? I finished the game a few days ago and already missing the atmosphere and the gameplay. I keep picking up games on Steam but find them a bit crappy (Remember Me and Snow being the latest ones)

Binary Domain was horribly underrated IMO, I finished it twice and had an amazing time with it both times.

Was going to pick up Remember Me, hoping it would bring some of what made B.D. great to the table, hearing that's not the case kind of bums me out.

Rhaknar

Nabs! sell me on Injustice, noone else seems to have it >_>

I hear the net code is shit but is the story mode as good as the MK one? I could play just that or against a RL friend and be happy with it (and I do know 1 dude with it here in town)

kafiend

I couldn't get through the first chapter, so props to you for getting that far. Gameplay was so stale, the combat so boring.

I had a bad day yesterday with half assed ports/thoughtless inputs.

Nothing pisses me off more than no mouse pointer in menus - Remember Me.

I then went to inconsistent menu controls. Sometimes you can click to do stuff but in the very next menu you clicked to get to, click does nothing, it wants a keyboard input - Rocksmith 2014.

I then loaded Castlevania, saw the keyboard bindings. thought LOL, nope. Quit the game.

That's a record for me I think. Making it only as far as the title screen :p

Shepard

Guys, I think I fell in love with uPLay: it lets me download my games at my max ISP speed (~4,4 mb/s), while I can get only around 1,1mb/s on Steam. :(

Kolgar

Ilúvatar;95270779 said:
Can anyone who has played Remember Me impart some knowledge as to whether I should grab it? Had been planning to Gamefly it...

Personally, I loved it. Gorgeous graphics, good voice acting, a stunning setting. I enjoyed the twist on fighting (allocating nodes for different effects, such as rebuilding health) and the memory remixes, which were a real stand-out idea.

Best of all, the game pulled me through right to the end, and unlike so many games, the ending was actually good. I played through it twice on 360 and plan to double-dip on a PC version at some point, backlog permitting.

Here's one of my posts from the Remember Me OT:

Kolgar said:
As the final credits roll on this game, I know I'll look back on this as one of the most refreshing and absorbing titles of the Bald Space Marine Generation. Without a doubt, Remember Me is one of those rare games that just did it for me.

I think the combat customization and especially the memory remixes are some of the most innovative gameplay conceits I've seen in a while. Unlike a few reviewers, like the folks at IGN, I'm happy to give credit where credit is due.

I'm now looking forward to a second playthrough. My girlfriend watched me play an hour or so last weekend and she insisted that I play it with her from start to finish. She's even more of a sci-fi lover than I am, and she was hooked from the word go.

Thank you, DONTNOD, for making a beautiful, delightfully cinematic game that stands out from the crowd in memorable fashion!

Garcia

Just as a friendly reminder, 12 hours to go for my giveaway of various Sonic The Hedgehog games;

Sonic the Hedgehog 1, 2, 3 & Knuckles, Sonic Spinball, Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine aka Sonic Puyo Puyo, Sonic And All Stars Racing Transformed, Transformed's Outrun/Metal Sonic DLC, and Sonic Adventure 2 with it's DLC all up for grabs and you can enter for all of them if you want.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=95234293&postcount=15702

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a pixel game about finding a teddy bear to play, thanks to the wonderful generosity of the kind friend who... wooandindeehoo, has helped make me appreciate this community so much.

Those are magic words right there for me. Now that I know it's a puyo puyo game I'll entry for it as well. Excellent.

Looks like Rise of Venice is ~ $8 over at GMG after coupon. Anyone have any experience with it? Seems like more of a business/trading sim than a war-sim, which would potentially be right up my alley.

Rhaknar

Guys, I think I fell in love with uPLay: it lets me download my games at my max ISP speed (~4,4 mb/s), while I can get only around 1,1mb/s on Steam. :(

change your server on Steam, I get 8-9mbs (from 10max)

well maybe not during sales >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom