• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buying a sandwich is better use of time and money than Deadlight. It's not worth playing unless you got it part of a charity bundle or giveaway, imo. Not worth it as a standalone purchase. Look at how many people say it's meh/bad. Not many say it's really fun, inspiring, cool, etc. like a lot of other games here.

it is worth a little cash, it is not that bad if you go not expecting much. I don't get all the hate but that doesn't mean I care.

I keep hoping that Castlevania LoS is not a GoW clone everyone says it is, because if that's true, I made worst purchase possible. :(

If you don't like GOW then stay away from Castlevania.
I found the game to be pretty sloppy in its execution.
The golem boss battles are the worst.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
does a ds4 work as easily as a 360 controller? thinking of picking one up because i'm so sick of 360 d pad.

There are several games, and more coming all the time, where it simply works just by plugging it in and playing.

However for best use and to get everything, including use of touch pad (good for small mouse movements in menus and the like), some simple to do work is needed. http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4-To-XInput-Wrapper
Doesn't take long, easy to do, and has since become my favourite gamepad for PC gaming.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
As I say I my Steam review for Deadlight:

"Deadlight is a flawed game that has some frustrations you'll have to overcome to win. Some sections, particularly in the later part of the game, are frustrating trial-and-error affairs. The story is also rather plain and predictable. But it's not a bad game, it has some pretty fluid mechanics and some rather smart level design often, with a few cool collectibles in little minigames you can collect and diary pages that are interesting enough. The environments look pretty, the music is nice... It feels like it holds itself back, though its hard to explain. But I don't regret playing it, I did in fact enjoy it. Catch it on a sale, and if the idea of a 2D Zombie game is interesting to you, I'll recommend it. But it has its rough patches of frustrations, some glitches, and sometimes feeling not very inspired."

Anustart

Did the quest last night in the witcher 2 collecting harpy feathers. I didn't quite expect that payoff at the end, but I did enjoy it! (Though not as much as banging hot goat lady)

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
For some reason I keep debating if buying the Might and Magic Heroes VI: Complete Edition, but a quick look at the steam reviews seem to show a lot of negative ones.
kafiend posted some impressions yesterday that may be of interest to you if you're one of the people who has objections with always needing to be online to play a single-player game

Nabs

The first chapter of Deadlight is pretty cool, especially once you disable the hud and add a ton of AA.

I wouldn't recommend buying it right now, but that first chapter is worth trying if you already own it.

really old/bad pics said:
ilvhCzoAhKA1s.png

ib0JvLCi8oloW6.png

I'd play a whole game of this.

Wynnebeck

Banned
So did we come to a consensus on Agarest? I'm looking between that and Risk of Rain as I can really only spare money for one at the moment. What would the better choice be?

Phinor

It's worth playing on. The graphics just keep on giving, and the combat gets better as you unlock more attacks.

The game seems to have become a lot better once I got past chapter 1. Also slightly harder, button smashing no longer works at all. Definitely recommended.

Grief.exe

It is for the most part. It's also the best god of war game since 2, and stands up to that game pretty damn well without the huge memorable setpiece moments that the god of war franchise relies on to stay in people's minds years later. Not for lack of trying though, those titan fights are pretty horrible.

I can't wait for the 2nd game. It's up near the top of my most anticipated list, in a year that's going to be stacked with wrpgs.

And it's coming to PC day one.

I think Konami likes us, but needs a couple more dates to profess their love.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
On Remember Me, it at least has a very good soundtrack. It's composed by A guy named Oliver, who did the music for Obscure 1 & 2 and Alone in the Dark 5, who is an amazing composer who can't seem to get attached to anything but B-Game projects. Maybe he just like B-Tier projects?

Can hear the Remember Me OST here: http://youtu.be/V_ulXoLDnms

marrec

Banned
What is the best Lego game if I have never played one before?

Of that list? Batman 2. A fun little co-op game that doesn't overstay it's welcome, works as a really funny parody of Batman, and also has some unlockables to add depth even if the platforming and difficulty don't match up.

An-Det

Finally got around to watching the Quck Look for Cook, Serve, Delicious! and now I really want it. The game seems really rad, kinda wish I had watched this when it was still on sale for $2.50. Definitely sniping it next time that comes around.

user237

Arthea

It is not. Of course they have lots of similarities being in the same genre and all, but the pacing and the way you approach your battles are quite different.
I prefer GoW

Thanks! That's good news.
I don't like GoW combat and I hate boss fights, if these can be called fights at all

Zafir

GAF, what are your thoughts on this bundle?

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/rpg-champions-bundle/

Are the Two Worlds games worth it?
The first one I did complete and got some amount of enjoyment from it, but it's rather flawed.

I enjoyed what I played of Two(Put a good 20 hours odd into it?) up until getting to a chapter which I apparently was under levelled for. Large improvement over the first one, though not perfect.

Arthea

By the end of the second chapter it's really hard to argue Lords of Shadow is anything but an indisputable God of War clone with some of it's own fluff and ideas thrown on top for good measure alongside semi-trademark Castlevania thematic tropes like gothic architecture and mythology, and kinda-whips.

People seem to think that changes a bit as it goes on, but that's definitely what it is at the moment, right down to the QTE "mash X to brutalise" monster grapple finishers.

hopes killed. Well, at least now I know, I don't need to play it.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
What is the best Lego game if I have never played one before?

Of the licensed games by TT Games?

LEGO Star Wars Clone Wars in terms of variety of things to do.
LEGO Lord Of The Rings for adaptation of movies.
LEGO Marvel Superheroes or LEGO Batman 2 if you want to play as multiple iconic characters.

The above are on Steam.

Non-licensed by TT Games (TT Fusion actually, an English company). LEGO City Undercover on Wii U for original story and open world. Based on a LEGO toy line, but no knowledge is needed on that front.

Overall LEGO games? LEGO Island if you actually want a digital game where you play, customise, and change LEGO around. Will have to track down an old copy of that.

Derrick01

Banned
And it's coming to PC day one.

I think Konami likes us, but needs a couple more dates to profess their love.

Thank god too. The demo for 2 ran well enough on PS3 and was waaaay better than 1's performance, but I really want to start leaving that system behind. Hopefully the PC version is as good as the first game's, even if it was barebones.

Is there a way to remove the chromatic aberration around the text in Grid 2? I really like the demo from what I have played, but the text annoys me.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
So did we come to a consensus on Agarest? I'm looking between that and Risk of Rain as I can really only spare money for one at the moment. What would the better choice be?
Yeah. The consensus is that Agarest is shit and everyone's hoping Ghostlight can port a better Japanese RPG next time.

Risk of Rain.

EDIT: Nihilumbra was $2 from GMG a few days ago. Oh, well. :|

I'm so excited to play all my new games. Too bad I can't this week. :( Gf's family is visiting for the holidays so no vidya gaems for me. But I did take the time to download Nexus Mod Manager and BOSS and a few mods for Skyrim. I don't really understand how BOSS works... It just opens a Firefox tab and says some shit about my mods. Does it actively do anything?

Dambrosi

Banned
Oh come on, it's no comparison. They're completely different types and genres of game.

Risk Of Rain is more immediately fun, though. Agarest is a bit shitImageEpoch/Compile Heart grade for most everyone's liking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom