• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Is there no main menu in RE6?
I get only to the graphic setup menu and then to the game.
No way to quit the game even?

There is a main menu. You just have to just keep pressing B.
If you just started the game I believe you have to do the prolouge first before you can get to the main menu.

The game is fun and wicked, but does it get boring soon or what? You've beaten it in one sitting?! How come you all are so patient? Puts me to shame :(
!

I was loving every second of it. Did it in 2 2hour sittings.
I would've done it in one if I didn't have to go to work last night. Regardless I just had so much of a kick of playing the game and seeing all the traps they had set up then figuring out the way past them. A lot of it felt like I had to cheat back at the game which is always fun to me.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Is anyone else confused by these "snow globes"? I have two of them(Payday 2, The Stanley Parable) and I have no idea what they do. I tried reading about them on Steam, but I'm still lost. I'm also new to Steam,

Edit- silent did a better job at explaining.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Menu happens after the prologue. You have to slog through the Prologue to get it. Yes, it's beyond stupid. Just do it.

(And then turn on Subtitles if they aren't on. Forget if they are off by default)

Interfectum

I miss the holiday achievements... this trading card stuff is boring. It doesn't encourage you to actually play any games. Just buy/sell/trade on a shitty Steam interface. meh.

Is anyone else confused by these "snow globes"? I have two of them(Payday 2, The Stanley Parable) and I have no idea what they do. I tried reading about them on Steam, but I'm still lost. I'm also new to Steam,
I'm new to Steam too, but from what I understand, there is a set of Snow Globe Cards. Once you collect all of the cards in the set, you can craft a Badge. This particular Badge can be used to obtain rare items in specific games, and I think you can also display it in your profile as a sort of achievement. The Snow Globe Cards will disappear at the end of the sale, though, so people may be in a rush to buy or collect the cards of they want the badge or to sell the cards if they don't care about the badge.

StAidan

I've had some good fun with Don't Starve. It wasn't even on my wishlist but it probably should have been.

My first game ended pretty quickly because I was running around and exploring when night fell. Once I figured out that a campfire is a necessity, my second game took me all the way to day 6.

I'm on my third game now, still a total noob but getting more knowledgeable all the time. I like how you just get tossed into the world and pretty much have to figure everything out by yourself (with a bit of help from the crafting menu). From some of the other posts in this thread, I see I haven't even scratched the surface of what can be done here.

rezn0r

Damn it is Agarest really as bad as the RPGFan & Metacritic scores say? Anyone here played it and liked it? Looked like the type of game I'd be excited for, usually found on consoles.

Dr Dogg

There is but it's one of those forced tutorial levels that doesn't let you do anything until you've played it. It's only 5 mins long after that you can select all the extras like Mercenaries and so on.

StAidan

I miss the holiday achievements... this trading card stuff is boring. It doesn't encourage you to actually play any games. Just buy/sell/trade on a shitty Steam interface. meh.

I preferred the 2011 achievement hunt myself, but I've still been encouraged to play games to earn trading cards.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
I'm new to Steam too, but from what I understand, there is a set of Snow Globe Cards. Once you collect all of the cards in the set, you can craft a Badge. This particular Badge can be used to obtain rare items in specific games, and I think you can also display it in your profile as a sort of achievement. The Snow Globe Cards will disappear at the end of the sale, though, so people may be in a rush to buy or collect the cards of they want the badge or to sell the cards if they don't care about the badge.

Apparently since I am new to using Steam I can't buy other cards or whatever. Stupid Steam.

rezn0r

Why hasn't anybody mentioned Contrast yet? Is it a bad game?

I put an hour or two into it on my PS4 & Vita, I didn't think it was a bad game but I was kind of happy I didn't buy it (technically did with PSN+), although I don't think the time I spent on it was enough to really review it. It's at the top of my list of things to get back to, for what that's worth.

Bri

I wonder if i should buy Remember Me at 10€.
I'm kind of curious about the setting, but i have a pretty big backlog already.

10 yurops less in your wallet and one game more in your backlog you probably won't play until the next sale?

nFSebim.gif

grimmiq

You have 2 options.

Collect all 10 of them and you can craft them into a badge, giving you exp to raise your Steam level (More friend list slots + other bonuses)

Sell them on the market, you'll get 15-25c per card.

EDIT: Just saw your new post ;p I think you need 30 days/level 5 to trade? Hopefully you can get lucky over the next few days to get a full set.

Aaron

I wonder if i should buy Remember Me at 10€.
I'm kind of curious about the setting, but i have a pretty big backlog already.
Forget about it. While the setting is great, everything else is trash. The combat system is poorly thought out, the characters are garbage, and the story just isn't all that interesting.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
PgUPvgC.png

Done! Great game, even better than I expected after seeing it being hyped on GAF.

At first I was a bit worried about the Calaca achievements but after you memorize his moves he's a pushover. Easiest boss in the game too, especially on Hard.

It's fun to speedrun in the second playthrough on Hard since you know every nook and cranny of the areas. I did sidetrack to get some hearts and stamina pieces though. There’s a code to unlock Hard from the start but the challenge on Normal is very balanced and satisfying. The platforming doesn’t change regardless of the selected difficulty anyway, so I think it’s best to play on Hard after you 100% on Normal and become skilled with all the available moves.
Good job dude!
Jaguar Javier on Hard was one of the most challenging bosses i've ever come across.

RS4-

Damn it is Agarest really as bad as the RPGFan & Metacritic scores say? Anyone here played it and liked it? Looked like the type of game I'd be excited for, usually found on consoles.

I'd buy it at $3; the time I had with the game, it was just below average throughout. Sure it sucks that there aren't many SRPGs on PC and all, but at the current price I'd pass.

But if you've got nothing else to play, then I guess it'd be alright lol.

_hekk05

Banned
I've had some good fun with Don't Starve. It wasn't even on my wishlist but it probably should have been.

My first game ended pretty quickly because I was running around and exploring when night fell. Once I figured out that a campfire is a necessity, my second game took me all the way to day 6.

I'm on my third game now, still a total noob but getting more knowledgeable all the time. I like how you just get tossed into the world and pretty much have to figure everything out by yourself (with a bit of help from the crafting menu). From some of the other posts in this thread, I see I haven't even scratched the surface of what can be done here.

Challenge yourself!! Build a shadow manipulator.

AkuMifune

Banned
Buying Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare felt to me last night like hitting rock bottom on a crack binge when all that's left to smoke is bits of copper.

If you know what I mean.

UrbanRats

If your backlog is big then pass it up, it will always be on sale again.

10 yurops less in your wallet and one game more in your backlog you probably won't play until the next sale?

nFSebim.gif

Forget about it. While the setting is great, everything else is trash. The combat system is poorly thought out, the characters are garbage, and the story just isn't all that interesting.

Yeah i watched the developer walkthrough on the store-page and decided to pass on it.
I'm just not feeling it at all.

Amzin

I voted for the Contraption game because The Incredible Machine was one of my favorite games way back in the day, but I am curious what opinions are on Nihilumbra? Should it at least go on my wishlist? It looks interesting.

Garcia

Welcome aboard! Enjoy surviving, exploring and experimenting as much as you can. The game rewards you for your efforts by making each following try much more cohesive and cerebral. Don't be afraid to die since it is in fact one of the most important aspects of the game, learning about what can and cannot kill you is vital for further progress.

rtcn63

L4D2 is a game that's really only fun with other people, so if all your friends got it for free, you're likely gonna want in just to join the festivities. Maybe.

RS4-

Thanks, that is definitely NOT the problem I have. However due to the problem I have, I will blindly grab it once it is a little lower like you said.

I decided to just google around and read recent reviews and I did not know that they released the game for Android.

derFeef

Yeah i watched the developer walkthrough on the store-page and decided to pass on it.
I'm just not feeling it at all.

While the combat is really nothing special (altough it's kinda neat you can make your own combos) the setting and vistas alone is worth a playthrough imho - plus the memory sequences are really neat and unique.

It's a great debut game, hope there is a sequel one time.

Phinor

An hour or so into Remember Me. The game is gorgeous, one of the best looking games of the year. The gameplay on the other hand is not gorgeous. It has all the bits and pieces a game like this usually has, but so far everything has been just very average. The story might go somewhere but we'll see. Controls aren't bad, but they lack that Arkham type responsiveness.

I have to get further into the game to value whether it's actually worth the time invested. Obviously you need to buy it to get +1 game but time investment is the more interesting question at this point.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Grats man, great game. I played directly on hard the first time. I didn't find it that difficult besides the bone to bone achievement. That took a while and was becoming really frustrating but I finally did it.

I might try to speedrun it in the future.
What's funny is that I ended up cheesing my way through Bone to Bone.
I had already completed the Caverna del Pollo rooms and had gotten all the orbs, so I just put on Skeleton Luchador, took the elevator down, went all the way to the right and flew upwards to the last room using the flying ability in chicken form. That way the room activates and you don't need to go through the entire challenge
. I didn't even feel guilty about it after all the time I wasted in those orb challenges, lol.

The fun part of speedrunning is that like Metroid you can ignore pretty much all enemies that are outside the Arena rooms, so traversal is quick. My overall time wasn't very adequate since I backtracked a little though.

Good job dude!
Jaguar Javier on Hard was one of the most challenging bosses i've ever come across.
Definitely the hardest boss imo. Even after memorizing his moves the way he keeps twitching around on Hard and doesn't flinch from many attacks make him the most punishing one. The Diablo’s Suit drain ability helped things for me, but even then it took quite a few retries so I could get good at dodging and surviving his crazed moves.

Nabs

An hour or so into Remember Me. The game is gorgeous, one of the best looking games of the year. The gameplay on the other hand is not gorgeous. It has all the bits and pieces a game like this usually has, but so far everything has been just very average. The story might go somewhere but we'll see. Controls aren't bad, but they lack that Arkham type responsiveness.

I have to get further into the game to value whether it's actually worth the time invested. Obviously you need to buy it to get +1 game but time investment is the more interesting question at this point.

It's worth playing on. The graphics just keep on giving, and the combat gets better as you unlock more attacks.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
morning guys. Nothing from the flashes for me, as I already own Agarest on psp (and nver touched) so as much as I want to support more jrpgs on steam, Im not double dipping until its 75% (maybe if it was Trials because that one is amazing)

Lets check GMG shall we...holy shit 10.000.000 on sale, its truly a Christmas Miracle (that shit is NEVER on sale on steam)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom