• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
enjoy guys

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gorky 17 -- MB-8ECE67556D0280D6 - Taken by Red Blaster. 3 entrants total.
Enclave -- MB-ABE333E38B9AF337 - Taken by rockx4. 6 entrants total.
Two Worlds II -- MB-12309E78575B7A1C - Taken by DasFool. 11 entrants total.
Two Worlds Epic Edition -- MB-BFCBCCCCA841175D - Taken by Almighty. 4 entrants total.
Two Worlds II Pirates of the Flying Fortress -- MB-43AC3E3D2B2B994A - Taken by KenOD. 7 entrants total.

t1388427026z1.png

I put the Two Worlds pirate DLC seperate because its actually a expansion and still expensive and there might be people that only have the main game and need it (as opposed to being like a weapon dlc or something that I would just give to the winner of the game)

If that sucks, well...sorry :p

This is going to sound kind of dumb, but these Steam threads are kind of renewing my faith in GAF overall. I'm platform agnostic (i've got a PS4 and an Xbone in the other room), but maaaaaan the console-based threads here in GAF get pretty tiring. There's one useful post that starts it off, then cue 25 pages of

- random meme gifs
- console warriors shouting back and forth.

But here in the Steam threads? People are actually offering advice, and the signal-to-noise ratio is actually pretty bearable. Sure, there's silly stuff, but it's at a rational level, like a 1-to-5 level versus thew 1-to-500 that the console threads can easily dissolve into.

So... yeah. Good on ya, SteamGAF.

1049wzek7.gif

bonesquad

It is free on Google Play, iOS, and Facebook. Steam seems to be the only platform were the game costs money.

Triple Town isn't actually free on iOS. It's more like a free, timed demo. If you really want to play it, you have to pay to unlock the full game.

antitrop

It would be something if I end up enjoying Risk of Rain more than Rogue Legacy.

I'm playing RoR on my Dualshock 4, and it's taking a while to get used to the controls, but I think I would seem to prefer this method of control to a keyboard.

zkylon

zkylewd
the french robot is such a fucking cool dude in binary domain

yea frenchie and big bo is the one and only crew to take

This is going to sound kind of dumb, but these Steam threads are kind of renewing my faith in GAF overall. I'm platform agnostic (i've got a PS4 and an Xbone in the other room), but maaaaaan the console-based threads here in GAF get pretty tiring. There's one useful post that starts it off, then cue 25 pages of

- random meme gifs

But here in the Steam threads? People are actually offering advice, and the signal-to-noise ratio is actually pretty bearable. Sure, there's silly stuff, but it's at a rational level, like a 1-to-5 level versus thew 1-to-500 that the console threads can easily dissolve into.

soon enough... a saorise ronan avatar

But everything this year was better than tomb raider, even AC4. So I don't know how much that means lol.

I just noticed your tag has a typo [/grammar nazi].

- random meme gifs

Not at all :). I can assure you that you are not the first to feel that way and no doubt will not be the last! SteamGAF has its foibles but is pretty adorable overall. Glad you like it here :D.

mileS

I tried Risk of Rain for about 5-10min. I think my problem is I couldn't decide between keyboard or controller. And setting the right bindings. The default bindings on both don't seem that great to me.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Risk of Rain only gets better as you unlock new classes for variety and do some multi with a good team

You still have 24 hours to rectify it not being in your library.

- random meme gifs

It's much more bearable in here. Pretty relaxing.

antitrop

What's the controls like in Risk of Rain?

Like I said, I'm playing it on a Dualshock 4, which is mainly just X for Jump and then all the Trigger and Shoulder buttons to use the different attacks.

Keyboard controls are:

Arrow keys, Space for Jump, and then Z, X, C, V, and G for your attacks.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh Spacebase flash deal

son of a bitch seems the 50% was a price error

Turfster

Daily
  • Grand Theft Atuo IV 75% off
  • Alan Wake 90% off
  • Kerbal Space Program 40% off
  • Metro Last Light 66% off
  • Rising Storm 75% off
  • Game Dev Tycoon 50% off
  • Outlast 66% off
  • Farming Simulator 2013 50% off
  • Injustice: Gods among us 50% off
Flash
  • Tropico 4 80% off
  • Limbo 75% off
  • SpaceBase DF9 33% off
  • Shadow Warrior 75% off
Community votes
  • Anno 2070 75% off PSA: Triple DRM, including uplay and TAGES
  • Europa Universalis IV 50% off
  • Age of Empires II HD 75% off

my haul
Risk of Rain
Volgarr The Viking
SHoDN+DLC
eXceed Gun Bullet Children
eXceed 2nd Vampire Rex
eXceed 3rd Jade Penetrate Black Package
Final Fantasy VII
Metro 2033
Risen
Droid Assault
Titan Attacks
Revenge of the Titan
Ultratron
A.R.E.S. Extinction Agenda
BIT TRIP FATE
BIT TRIP RUNNER
BIT TRIP RUNNER 2
Bunny Must Die! Chelsea and the 7 Devils
DLC Quest
Dont Starve
System Shock 2
Skullgirls+Squigly DLC
Sacred Citadel
Long Live The Queen
Dustforce
Giana Sisters - Rise of the Owlverlord

when all my cards sell probably buying one more game or collection

Rhaknar

Injustice and Metro Last Light taunting me for like the third time this sale >_<

komorebi

Got some extras from this bundle, have at you!

ModBot 3 said:
Instructions for gimel:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Enclave -- MB-831E67B979593C79 - Taken by An-Det
Two Worlds Epic Edition -- MB-326A0EF0CD914225 - Taken by sprinkles
Septerra Core Legacy of the Creator -- MB-F2D7CD1FD6BDBD55 - Taken by Shepard

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Oh no! Shadow Warrior is back! I wanted to go on pretending that I regretted not buying it all the while actually being thankful that I saved $10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom