• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Why did you vote for Nihilumbra? It was cheaper on GMG...
It's also the most expensive of the three choices now. I know that's happened before, but it's generally against trend.

...Anti-mobile + Anti-Early Access bias? But Nihilumbra was on mobile too...
I don't understand anything.

c0Zm1c

The magic system in Two Worlds 2 is good.. until you've seen all the cards and combinations, then it's merely a case of stacking the same ones for more powerful effects, and becomes a bit boring then. Also like that you can use a staff as a melee weapon (don't recall seeing that in many games) if mostly just for defence. I prefer TW1 to be honest, or at least I remember enjoying what I played of it back in 2007 or whenever it came out originally than what I played of TW2 when it came out. TW1 doesn't run that well though, even on modern hardware.

Macmanus

Mark of the Ninja
Renegade Ops
Hard Reset

I've actually been playing Mark of the Ninja. It's amazing! Hard Reset looks pretty incredible for the price as well.

DLC Quest
Trine
NightSky
Nimbus
Thomas Was Alone
Bad Rats
Rochard

Loved Trine. Have NightSky for tablet. Apparently already own Rochard. Glad I quoted you on Bad Rats, though I might just buy it anyway to belong. Nimbus and Thomas are now bought.

Bastion, Shank, Sine Mora.

Love Bastion. Can't believe I don't own Shank. Never heard of Sine Mora but I desperately want a bullet hell so this looks amazing.

Own it and it's at the top of my list as soon as I'm done/get bored with Ninja.

Dambrosi said:
Have you tried Savant: Ascent?

Holy balls this looks badass. Bought!

Thank you all!

Kadin

Any opinions on The Swapper? Looks like it has some good reviews on metacritic. Have that and Risk of Rain in my shopping cart.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
GAF, what are your thoughts on this bundle?

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/rpg-champions-bundle/

Are the Two Worlds games worth it?

I loved Two Worlds 2, as janky as it was, it has a awesome magic system where you combine cards and break the game o/

I was rolling around with a army of about 15 skeletons and nothing could touch me, good times. I should play the DLC one of these days. and I guess Ill buy this bundle for Septerra Core and Gorky and gift the rest

edit: wait I own Gorky already meh, not worth it just for Septerra :(

I guess I should give Castlevania LOS another shot. The beginning of that game left a really bad first impression on me.

Yes. All of my friends who were not really feeling the beginning of the game came around and really ended up loving the rest of it. Everything picks up when you get to the castle.

Btw, don't bother with the DLC. They both aren't that great. Just watch the cutscenes on youtube or something.

Xyber

Jørdan

It's really frustrating, Steam sales have shown time and again than deeper discounts make so much more and Disney's reliance on the affluent hardcore with regards to the franchise is just terrible business sense.

Colin.

I hated all 3 choices so I just kind of randomly picked 1, and it happened to be the game that won. Sorry I guess?

Triple Town would have been worse, since that is a free download. Just annoying that Contraption Maker would have been the only game to truly benefit from the discount (and it's been on my wishlist for a while) Just need to hope it gets its own discount now, I suppose.

Arthea

Triple Town would have been worse, since that is a free download. Just annoying that Contraption Maker would have been the only game to truly benefit from the discount (and it's been on my wishlist for a while) Just need to hope it gets its own discount now, I suppose.

How is that worse? Is it free on PC?
I wanted Triple town :(

I've actually been playing Mark of the Ninja. It's amazing! Hard Reset looks pretty incredible for the price as well.

I adore MOTN so am glad you're enjoying that :D. Hard Reset has a demo on Steam by the way. I played that and it sold me on the game.

Loved Trine. Have NightSky for tablet. Apparently already own Rochard. Glad I quoted you on Bad Rats, though I might just buy it anyway to belong. Nimbus and Thomas are now bought.

Good man :). Hope you enjoy Rochard when you get to it. I found it hard going due to my weak ass kb&m skills but enjoyed myself nonetheless. Please don't buy Bad Rats :(. It is utterly, utterly horrible [and not even in a good way]. It's the worst kind of bad game in that it could have been okay but due to bad design decisions and poor execution it is utterly without merit. Some games are so bad they're good. This is not one of them. Save yourself. I implore you!

Love Bastion. Can't believe I don't own Shank. Never heard of Sine Mora but I desperately want a bullet hell so this looks amazing.

Own it and it's at the top of my list as soon as I'm done/get bored with Ninja.

Holy balls this looks badass. Bought!

Thank you all!

Nice result :) well done GAF :D.

On Remember Me, it at least has a very good soundtrack. It's composed by A guy named Oliver, who did the music for Obscure 1 & 2 and Alone in the Dark 5, who is an amazing composer who can't seem to get attached to anything but B-Game projects. Maybe he just like B-Tier projects?

Can hear the Remember Me OST here: http://youtu.be/V_ulXoLDnms

Unfortunately the ST isn't on Pandora, but you can buy it on the Amazon MP3 store for ~ $9 too. I think I like the ST more than the game itself.

This is going to sound kind of dumb, but these Steam threads are kind of renewing my faith in GAF overall. I'm platform agnostic (i've got a PS4 and an Xbone in the other room), but maaaaaan the console-based threads here in GAF get pretty tiring. There's one useful post that starts it off, then cue 25 pages of

- random meme gifs
- console warriors shouting back and forth.

But here in the Steam threads? People are actually offering advice, and the signal-to-noise ratio is actually pretty bearable. Sure, there's silly stuff, but it's at a rational level, like a 1-to-5 level versus thew 1-to-500 that the console threads can easily dissolve into.

So... yeah. Good on ya, SteamGAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom