• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mileS

Man, I'm really tempted to jump on Metro at $14. I keep hearing such good things about it.

Me too. The one thing holding me back is the performance. You apparently need a monster PC to run the game at any decent settings. Which is strange because the "recommended" specs are insanely low. So low that I almost don't believe the game would run at 20fps with a computer like that. This is judging it off the benchmark tests online and word of mouth.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

DasFool

Why does Metro LL have ranger mode as a DLC? Can't you just mod the HUD out? Seems kinda exploitative.

Also wish Deep Silver would discount that game like they do Dead Island. It's been stuck at 66% off for a while.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
enjoy guys

I put the Two Worlds pirate DLC seperate because its actually a expansion and still expensive and there might be people that only have the main game and need it (as opposed to being like a weapon dlc or something that I would just give to the winner of the game)

If that sucks, well...sorry :p

I am one who just needs and desires the DLC, so thank you for that.

SteamGAF is the only thread I read on gaming side. The rest is a bunch of nonsense most of the time.

I still find plenty to read, follow, and enjoy. Other nice communities like iOS, threads the focus on game design, information about business practices, investigative threads like those of Mama Robotnik's (e.g. Legacy of Kain ). Late To The Party threads that are interesting for look backs or to help our fellow Gaffers, official threads for games where great sense of community can be formed like in Demon's Souls as we put together all the worlds have to offer, and more.

It's like going through Steam games. There are a lot of games we won't enjoy, it's just a matter of looking into them a bit to make sure, or focusing just on what will interest us first of all.

Minamu

Is Outlast any good? I'm simply talking about the price, I know the game, I just thought that the previous sale a few days ago was at 80%? Or maybe I'm remembering it wrong.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
There are several games, and more coming all the time, where it simply works just by plugging it in and playing.

However for best use and to get everything, including use of touch pad (good for small mouse movements in menus and the like), some simple to do work is needed. http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4-To-XInput-Wrapper
Doesn't take long, easy to do, and has since become my favourite gamepad for PC gaming.

thanks for this

great info in that thread

Jedi2016

Do we know exactly when the sale will end? It says the 3rd, but is that noon on the 3rd, or throughout the whole day? I have a couple titles I'm holding out for, but I want to know when there will be zero chance for more daily/flash sales, so I can go ahead and bite on the regular sale price.

Ketch

Sort of off topic, but this is the crowd that would know. Is the dual shock 4 worth the full price just for PC gaming? I have a 360 pad now bit it needs to be replaced. So I'm either getting the ds4 or a new 360 pad.

XPE

Episodes from Liberty City at £3.74 temping what do people think I already have the main game but felt it lacked a little magic.

inm8num2

Anyone got a list of Amazon's 2013 Editor's Choice Games? I can't find it on their page. Whenever I click on the link I get an empty page.

Tentative list.

Ace Patrol Bundle - $5.99
BATTLEFIELD 2142 DELUXE EDITION - $7.99
BioShock Infinite - $13.1967
Contrast - $11.99
Crysis 3 - $9.99
Dead Space 3 - $9.99
Dead Space 3: Awakened - $8.49
F1 2013 - $24.99
F1 2013 Classic Edition - $32.49
FIFA 14 [Instant Access] - $28.99
FIFA 14 - $28.99
Final Exam - $7.99
NBA 2K14 - $19.99
Need For Speed Rivals - $29.99
Need for Speed Rivals: [Instant Access] - $29.99
SimCity - Standard (Online Game Code) (Mac) - $19.99
SimCity - Standard Edition - $19.99
SimCity [Instant Access] - $19.99
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified - $14.99
The Sims 3 70's, 80's and 90's Stuff - $9.99
The Sims 3 Dragon Valley - $9.99
The Sims 3 Into the Future - $17.99
The Sims 3 Island Paradise - Standard Edition - $14.99
The Sims 3 Monte Vista - $9.99
The Sims 3 Movie Stuff - $9.99
The Sims 3 Starter Pack - $9.99
The XCOM Collection - $14.99
XCOM: Enemy Within - $19.99

Derrick01

Banned
Fuck it I just bought Metro LL too. Farming sim being on sale put me in a good mood.

I'd stretch that mood to buy spacebase and kerbal, which both look intriguing, but I see they're still in early access. So I'll have to wait until they're out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom