• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altazor

EZtNuYg.jpg

fucking valve time :(

Wok

How good is Nihilumbra?

It feels a bit like an iOS game, with the world being divided in very simple levels, and most of all the very simple animations of the character and its ennemies. The game mechanic is interesting though.

Grief.exe

Rhaknar just gifted me Shadow Warrior! You didn't have to do that, especially since you are getting low on funds.

I appreciate it and I will pay it forward to you one day.

When I graduate and get some disposable income I will have a great deal of goodwill to pay back!

While the Snow Globe cards will be removed after this sale, hopefully they will make a return next year so you they won't be limited.

Well they'll do something next year, whether it is Snow Globe cards or not again we'll have to see. The current ones will disappear into the ether at the end of the Sale though. Got to get the nerds in a buying frenzy! :/

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Rhaknar just gifted me Shadow Warrior! You didn't have to do that, especially since you are getting low on funds.

I appreciate it and I will pay it forward to you one day.

When I graduate and get some disposable income I will have a great deal of goodwill to pay back!

you were bumming me out with your love of Flying Wild Hog and your refusal to enjoy the Wang. Youre welcome tho :p

border

It feels a bit like an iOS game, with the world being divided in very simple levels, and most of all the very simple animations of the character and its ennemies. The game mechanic is interesting though.

How does Nihilumbra compare to Braid and LIMBO? Those are the parallels made in some of the blurb quotes on the game's Steam page.

Turfster

Humblestore Daily
  • Godus 9.99$
  • Prison Architect 14.99$
  • Orcs Must Die 2 6.19$
  • Sanctum 2 3.75$
  • Super Meat Boy 6.49$
  • Shank 2 3.99$
  • Samurai Gunn 11.99$
  • Overgrowth 24.99$
  • Starbound 14.99$ no discount?

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
euro truck simulator 2 seems like a blast! any thoughts on people who actually play these?

I have over 80 hours played into ETS2 and it is my Game of the Year. Seriously, it honestly is.

It's a relaxing and fun slower paced driving game mixed with a bit of skill leveling up RPG style and business management. Think the old space game Elite but on wheels instead and with RPG stuff thrown in. Accept jobs, make money, buy yourself a truck, customize it, buy a garage and start a business, hire drivers and buy them trucks, customize them, explore all the roads and cities, listen to awesome international internet radio the entire time. That in a nutshell is Euro Truck Simulator 2.

See my OT here on NeoGAF for more info:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=627611

Chaos

Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 is only £1.74 which is a fun game if you are new to it.

antitrop

I do need some Wang

I have so many good shooters to play, but I also have some games like Brothers, Gone Home, and Guac for a change of pace.

Gone Home is over in less than two hours, just knock it out of the way. I loved every moment of it. I went in knowing absolutely nothing about it.

marrec

Banned
I'll wait to get into the Hearthstone beta.

To be perfectly honest, Hearthstone doesn't have the depth of M:tG yet. I enjoyed it for about 3 days but there's just not enough to keep me going.

That said, M:tG Planeswalkers doesn't have an honest to god draft mode which is a travesty... but Hearthstones 'draft' mode leaves a lot to be desered as well.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh there should be a enw humble Bundle tomorow, cool. More shit to giveaway most likely :(

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
why do you hate modbot dunder :(

He doesn't hate ModBot, in fact he would happily race against ModBot if he ever got a Steam Account and one of the games. Plus racing against others is fun. I had a blast and would do so again if I hadn't already won a game.

Not that everyone should do such a challenge, but it's nice to have variety for giveaways every now and then.

jyoung188

But FARMING SIMULATOR. Talk to me, GAF. It sounds like I can build a farm and, like, sell produce and livestock and whatnot. Set crop rotations. Till my fields. etc., etc., etc. Is it everything I'm hoping for? Will I in fact feel the harsh frost of winter nipping at my precious harvests? Or is it just "durr I want pumpkins heeeere and bananas heeeere and yay farming!"?

This is what I'm wondering, I'm a huge fan of Euro Truck Simulator 2 and if it lives up to being as good as that game then I'll buy it straight away.

I'm curious about this too. GAF sold me on ETS2 and I fucking loved it, never thought I'd play a game like that ever but it was a blast.

Can GAF sell me on farming simulator? I'm really tempted to buy it and get my virtual crops on, how is it compared to ETS2?

Triggaaar

Neo Member
Don't hope to play it the first few days, the R* servers will probably be crumbling like what happened with Max Payne 3. Also, don't wait too long, because GFWL will die within the next 6 months.
I'm considering GTA Complete pack, just for offline play. Includes GTA III and Vice City (which I've done already), San Andreas, GTA IV and Episodes from Liberty City (which I missed). Is this a good idea, or am I being daft? I guess I'd rather have it on the Xbox, but it'd be more expensive.

cicero

Metro: Last Light is a well constructed first person shooter reminiscent of Half-Life's chapter-based pacing and narrative/level continuity. It has a surprisingly diverse selection of levels and locations often with contextual gimmicks in the environment or encounters to diversify them more than just in visual identity. Standard enemy battles are generally well designed and quite fun, encounters often starting with a simplistic yet serviceable stealth system reliant on staying out of sight, taking out lights, and using melee/silenced weapons (though at times stealth can seem a little broken in your favour). Monster encounters are improved over 2033, but still feel a bit bullet spongy at times. The plot fails to live up to potential, the translation is odd, and the narrative itself constantly stumbles over itself and never really finds strong traction, but the environment art and show-don't-tell story telling is strong throughout. Many of the more interesting, richer survival-like mechanics of 2033 have been toned down for accessibility and gameyness (I know how vague that sounds), diminishing the tension of 2033's highs, but I don't feel it detracts from Last Light so much as results in a slightly different kind of game. The campaign itself is surprisingly long, like a proper "complete" single player linear shooter and not phoned in 3 - 4 hour junk, and is still one of the most technologically and artistically impressive games in the PC market. For anybody who likes Half-Life style pacing and campaign structure for linear first person shooters, a combination of human and monster encounters, with a distinct Eastern European visual, audio, and thematic identity throughout, I highly recommend Metro: Last Light, and though it does fumble with its premise, narrative, and design from time to time, it will still leave you with a good handful of very memorable setpieces and ideas.
Is any of the Metro: Last Light DLC worth it?

euro truck simulator 2 seems like a blast! any thoughts on people who actually play these?

Do it. I think I put 20+ hours into it and I haven't even gotten around to hiring other drivers or buying a fleet of trucks. Other games eventually tore me away but it's really quite relaxing to barrel down a Belgian highway at night with your favourite radio station playing in the background. It's just enough of a sim to make you feel like a boss for learning how to park the trailer properly, but not so much of a sim that you stare at an instrument panel for minutes trying to click on the right set of ignition switches. In other words, just right for me.

At $9 for the game plus the Eastern European expansion, it's a no-brainer if you're at all interested. In fact, the surprise fun I got out of ETS2 is why I'm asking about Farming Simulator 2013--I want to recapture the nerd magic I found when I took a chance on a trucking sim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom