• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stayed up for the sole purpose of voting for the community choice and seeing the flash sales but ended up falling asleep around 4:30. I ended up sleeping through them. Was there anything good in either one?

Majukun

Thank You Gaf.

THANK YOU!

For recommending Dark Souls.

I love you

Only just defeated the first boss and this is already my game of the generation.

Just one thing. What attribute is best to develop? I'm on my first level up camp fire and I want to do this right.

welcome to the club

anyway,what stats to upgrade depends on what kind a build and what kind of weapons you wanna use

FloatOn

Thank You Gaf.

THANK YOU!

I love you

Only just defeated the first boss and this is already my game of the generation.

Just one thing. What attribute is best to develop? I'm on my first level up camp fire and I want to do this right.

Glad to see another convert.

My first play through I did an even split of 40 dexterity and 40 strength as that gave me the most bang for my buck while using the claymore (which is what I recommend most people learn how to use first). After that I just put points into vitality and endurance.

Grief.exe

I hope so. I can't make myself play more than an hour or two of 2033, and it runs like shit on my PC even though it came out before I built it and at the time it was really high end (I think a gtx 480 was the only gpu stronger than mine). So I hope this one is better optimized.

2033 runs like shit on my PC too, LL runs much better.

2033 is one of the most unoptimized games. Pull back some of the settings from max.
You, likely, won't notice a difference and they will increase the performance significantly.

Dunno how this work, or if worth it, but I have snow globes #4, #4, #7 for trade, and I need #1, #2 and #6.

PM here if interested.

Edit 1: Thank you, MythicReclaimer, for #6.

yuraya

Thank You Gaf.

THANK YOU!

I love you

agree so much. I already got like 7 hours into the game. It is quite an unforgettable hardcore experience. Very old school and something about it reminds me of the original first couple of Resident evil games for some reason. It is a great game. I am nowhere near finished with it yet and I am already excited for Dark souls 2 :p

is this the best deal for the walking dead by telltale ???

w_d.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Last Light looks better and runs better than 2033. It's far better optimised for multi-core, and the advanced DOF no longer mangles the frame rate. The engine has a built-in post AA solution you cannot turn off, but does look pretty good, with image quality improving further with (expensive) SSAA. PhysX hurts the framerate, but that's PhysX.

Last Light frequently looks jaw dropping and has some crazy impressive lighting/shadow work at great performance.

I don't want to derail sale talk too much but here is the deal. I'm sticking to my plan of playing Fallout 3 in January and New Vegas in February. I'm going to devote most of video game time to these in their respective month and hopefully I won't have to rush to feel like I've "finished" them.

That said, I kind of want a few games to lighten my mood since I think spending hours and hours in the wasteland could be potentially bum me out. So help me pick out a couple more cheery games on my backlog to give me some levity:

Trine 1 + 2
Might and Magic Clash of Heroes
Critter Crunch
Jet Set Radio
Skulls of the Shogun
Lego Lord of the Rings
Castle of Illusion

Castle of Illusion is a nice short title (4-5 hours long, if your trying to get all the goodies) that's quite charming and adorable start to finish, the only thing is the last boss is a pain in the butt. But it will certainly cheer you up if you were fond of the MD original.

Dunno about original Trine, but Trine 2 is quite colourful and very pretty too if your getting tired of browns and greens

Hey I have a random question about getting booster pack drops. It says you should log in once a week, does that mean into steam or the game?

And does that mean they have a chance to drop only when I have the game running?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Thank You Gaf.

THANK YOU!

I love you

Welcome. You'll be hooked for weeks.

marrec

Banned
Hey I have a random question about getting booster pack drops. It says you should log in once a week, does that mean into steam or the game?

And does that mean they have a chance to drop only when I have the game running?

Steam, and they'll drop anytime you don't have to be in game to have them drop.

Feeling great about this sale. Finally got a bunch of stuff I've been waiting on. Now all I need is Divinity: Dragon Commander to drop under $20 and I'll be set till next year :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Feeling great about this sale. Finally got a bunch of stuff I've been waiting on. Now all I need is Divinity: Dragon Commander to drop under $20 and I'll be set till next year :p

we already had a dragon commander deal this sale and it was not under 20 :(

Alright, now that the Spacebase stuff is out of the way, I have to decide if I want Kerbal and Farming Simulator 2013. Kerbal might be too sandbox-y and complicated for my tastes (are there actual objectives or missions, even?), which might just bore me after a few hours (never got into, say, Minecraft), so I'm going to give that demo a shot and see. If you would like to sell me on it, I will gladly accept recommendations.

But FARMING SIMULATOR. Talk to me, GAF. It sounds like I can build a farm and, like, sell produce and livestock and whatnot. Set crop rotations. Till my fields. etc., etc., etc. Is it everything I'm hoping for? Will I in fact feel the harsh frost of winter nipping at my precious harvests? Or is it just "durr I want pumpkins heeeere and bananas heeeere and yay farming!"?

Tizoc

Congrats to Dasu on winning the giveaway =)

I may do a giveaway of Contrast soon if no one replies to me for a trade on it.

Altazor

so my week-long inability to use the community marketplace (due to changing my payment method) should've been gone two hours ago but NOPE.

RT0rChB.png

ugh

Yeah, I'm in for the Alan Wake franchise deal. $4 for the CE and American Nightmare is a steal.

I already beat alan wake years ago when it originally came out on 360... so the deal for american nightmare is amazing @ 99cents. You just don't see it on the store page, you can find it by manual search or clicking through the package deal.

Oreoleo

Metro LL is up there with TLOU as one of my GOTY. Borrowing the design doc of HL2, it surpasses the original Metro in almost every conceivable way. If you like FPS games you owe it to yourself to give it a try.

But FARMING SIMULATOR. Talk to me, GAF. It sounds like I can build a farm and, like, sell produce and livestock and whatnot. Set crop rotations. Till my fields. etc., etc., etc. Is it everything I'm hoping for? Will I in fact feel the harsh frost of winter nipping at my precious harvests? Or is it just "durr I want pumpkins heeeere and bananas heeeere and yay farming!"?

This is what I'm wondering, I'm a huge fan of Euro Truck Simulator 2 and if it lives up to being as good as that game then I'll buy it straight away.

Thank You Gaf.

THANK YOU!

I love you

Don't worry about attributes, just don't put any skills to resistance, it's useless. Endurance and vitality is always good for a beginner.

Another day of not buying anything. Dang, every day feels like that and I have already bought tons of shit.

Freezard

While the Snow Globe cards will be removed after this sale, hopefully they will make a return next year so you they won't be limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom