• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sajjaja

WHERE IS THAT NATHAN FILLION .GIF?

tumblr_mxjoeaaFiM1rkmkfjo1_400.gif

Oh don't worry, Papers Please and CSD are basically the same game. :D

I'm scared D:

Turfster

That said, apparently FS2013 is built to support mods to a much greater extent than the other farming simulators. I don't know if any of them add stuff like seasons or different seeds in, but it might be worth a look.
All you need to know is that Mortal Kombain lets you sumo fight with front loaders, and you don't even need to install any mods!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Oh don't worry, Papers Please and CSD are basically the same game. :D

Processed work in the proper order or you get fined. People's happiness is left in your hands. Prices may mean a family goes without. The government (inspector) is always watching. Glory to Arstotzka Manufactured Soda Fountain.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Ugh man, I really didn't miss much with Left for Dead 2. This game is kinda stupidly hard and frustrating to play. Glad I got it for free..

I have never enjoyed a game made by Valve.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I've decided. In 2014, I am going to try and complete 150 Steam games. That is my Steam New Years Resolution. And will stream am make videos of all 150 games I play and complete.

Grief.exe

Ugh man, I really didn't miss much with Left for Dead 2. This game is kinda stupidly hard and frustrating to play. Glad I got it for free..

If you just want a game where you can turn your brain off and relax then Valve probably isn't the company for you.
Many of their games have a significantly high skill ceiling and require you to master the game.

I've decided. In 2014, I am going to try and complete 150 Steam games. That is my Steam New Years Resolution. And will stream am make videos of all 150 games I play and complete.

Good luck. My advice is to just drop games you aren't liking immediately and count them as beaten. Keep things fun that way, instead of turning it into a job.

KarmaCow

Are you playing on Expert or Advanced right away? The game is a push over on Normal, even playing with bots.

Oh that's good to know, I played through 5 gardens, although it's actually 3, 1.1, 1.2, 2 1and 2 and 3 and got bored, they do play very samey. Will play more other time.
Large rock formations are already appearing, actually

Oh, yeah, that's just three gardens. If you're getting bored, I would suggest mixing up the order in which you get spectra so that you're not constantly running through the same garden over and over. I think by the end of the game, I was switching back and forth between all the unlocked gardens I hadn't finished yet, doing them one spectra at a time before moving on.

re: large rock formations. Oh, you ain't seen nothing yet.

If you decide to go for it, I'll jump on your foursome.
I could definitely tell I would like after a few minutes.

I'm in. Heard lots of great things, and I love Rogue Legacy. apparently this is in the same genre.

How do I get the funds to you? friend me on steam anyway.
I'll PM my eMail address, PayPal me $5.03 using the "gift" or "friend" option (can't remember what it is, but it skips taking a percentage out).

1. PixyJunket.
2. Dreams-Visions.
3. Ptaaty.
4. Artofwar420.

That was quick, I'll PM everyone my eMail address.

I'll PM my eMail address, PayPal me $5.03 using the "gift" or "friend" option (can't remember what it is, but it skips taking a percentage out).

1. PixyJunket.
2. Dreams-Visions.
3. Ptaaty.
4. Artofwar420.

roger that.

liezryou

Uhh are we talking about the same valve here... the one who made portal and half life 2?

Alex

Seconded. The encounters don't really play to the game's strengths, and the game doesn't teach you most of the cool techniques you can use. Solution: buy beer, play in split-screen, and spend 5 minutes reading up on the combat system before diving in.

I think I remember hearing they did patch up some tweaks and whatnot a bit, but I dont know what all went into it.

I mostly remember watching the Giant Bomb bit when it came out and they were doing the graveyard bit with Leon/Helena, and they would keep getting hit by these leaping zombies and complaining how it was bad and frustrating and blah blah. So, now I'm playing it and I get to that bit on the game... you're supposed to counter those attacks, all you do is push the right trigger to do so and the window is fucking enormous to contend with how fast you're supposed to target cycle in this game.

So ... yeah, that's why I always give a disclaimer that I dont know if something changed, because I sure as shit hope it did because even if the game isn't stuffing tutorials down your throat the majority of this shit is pretty glaringly obvious.

Sentenza

I can't believe DayZ is still topping the Steam sale chart after two weeks, without even offering a discounted price.
Bohemia Interactive is probably going to make a lot of money with this.

derFeef

time to hit dat rapture dlc

Will do. Still need to wrap my head around some story stuff.
I finished it in 10 hours which seems pretty short reading some impressions - I did not rush through it though and looked into every corner, love the eyecandy.

Artofwar420

Wait Pixyjunket, I don't have paypal, I would enter if I could pay you another way. If not it's okay, someone else can take the spot.

1. PixyJunket.
2. Dreams-Visions.
3. Ptaaty.
4. Artofwar420.

Hey my fellows.
I like this game so I'm giving it away, actually a fun hack and slash with crap story.
Also it has ass!!!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Enclave -- MB-654BD66285E37B14 - Taken by akskiller. 14 entrants total.

t1388445523z1.png

Alex

Enclave was good stuff way back when it came out, not sure I'd wanna play it nowadays, but it was enjoyable on the original Xbox.

Shame the sequel never made it out, I remember the early stuff looking really nice.

trying my best not to buy Risk of Rain while my PC is down

Risk of Rain is great, hard as hell though, at least for our group. We are bad. If you want my sell on it, it had probably the best combat of anything vaguely approaching it, wonderful aesthetics and music and it's just a real blast to play with friends and I really appreciate the great controller support, personally.

Hey my fellows.
I like this game so I'm giving it away, actually a fun hack and slash with crap story.
Also it has ass!!!

Now this I can get behind.

Any news on leaks for new dailies? I am disappointed by today's discounts because I own the ones I'm interested in already. And I'm still waiting for Capcom to put RE5 for $5 again.

Alex

Then you're probably playing above yourself, the game is meant to be played and replayed a lot and mastery driven over it, start lower and ideally pull some friends in to play with you. Slowly working up through the crazy shit is what makes it fun.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Thinking bout buying injustice. Do you pc players think the community is gonna last on PC? Are the online modes barren?

Wait Pixyjunket, I don't have paypal, I would enter if I could pay you another way. If not it's okay, someone else can take the spot.
Okay, I'll open it up for someone else.

1. PixyJunket.
2. Dreams-Visions.
3. Ptaaty.

^ One spot open for Risk of Rain four pack, it's $5.03.

Un4

Couldn't resist and got Bioshock Infinite and Metro Last Light.
And i haven't even finished or played the first games in both series.

Alex

Any thoughts on Game Dev Tycoon? I'm really leaning towards it, as I like me some breezy little sim games and enjoyed Game Dev Story on iOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom