• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

tumblr_mxjoeaaFiM1rkmkfjo1_400.gif

I'm scared D:

Alternative:

Fd5ZE.gif

Whenever I see this gif I feel proud to have contributed something useful to the internets.

You done good, son.

Thinking bout buying injustice. Do you pc players think the community is gonna last on PC? Are the online modes barren?

Generally speaking, people are recommending Skullgirls and KoF over it as they are deeper fighting games. But if you liked their version of Mortal Kombat, I'm sure you'll be happy with Injustice too.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I've decided. In 2014, I am going to try and complete 150 Steam games. That is my Steam New Years Resolution. And will stream am make videos of all 150 games I play and complete.

I'd be interested in spectating.

Unless I manage to finish something today or tomorrow, I'll be at 49 this year. My goal for 2014 is simply to manage more than that. 150 would be some serious work!

RS4-

Any thoughts on Game Dev Tycoon? I'm really leaning towards it, as I like me some breezy little sim games and enjoyed Game Dev Story on iOS.

The thing about GDT is that it's more...complicated, sort of? Like you can't just make perfect games using the same formula over and over. You have to manage your employees, areas of focus during dev, etc.

When you start, the 4 genres are actually randomized as well, so that may or may not slow down your progress. But like GDS, when you do find that winning formula, you can rake in the money.

Overall, it needs a little more management as well compared to GDS. I enjoyed it, but it doesn't have that Kairosoft charm.

denx

So I just started playing Long Live the Queen and I'm not understanding a thing from the tutorial.

My first run through the game will be a glorious disaster.

Pachimari

I have a MacBook Air (2011) which have 4GB of RAM, 1.7GHz Intel Core i5 and a Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB.

I don't have a single Steam game though but is looking into the sales. Can my Air play games like The Stanley Parable, Gone Home, Antichamber, Amnesia and Papers, Please?

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Generally speaking, people are recommending Skullgirls and KoF over it as they are deeper fighting games. But if you liked their version of Mortal Kombat, I'm sure you'll be happy with Injustice too.
I am mostly curious about the online factors for PC. I had it for ps4 but sold it because barely anyone played it online.

Copons

They're set in the same universe. I did this with zero permission from the Papers Please dev.

Someone found the email linking them a while back. :)

I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT!

But, jokes aside, when my restaurant was 0/1 star, mostly I got people that would have fit perfectly in a line to get inside Arstotzkan borders, eating a mustard only corndog cause ketchup is too capitalist.

EDIT: also, I'm an idiot, because that very mail was found by my gf a couple of days ago, but I totally forgot about that. :D

Copons

Down with Saoirse Ronan, Nathan Fillion appreciation crowd strikes back.

I'm totally up for it. Just, I'd prefer to follow the crowd aside, in my very own Adam Baldwin appreciation. It's also more easiliy linked back to Yvonne Strahovski, so it's a win win for me.

Odrion

Banned
Hmmm, I'm kinda interested in Space Base.

But I've heard that it's really barebones, and I'm betting that the $25 price is a Early Access premium and it'll be $15 at launch anyways.

KarmaCow

I don't understand why it's $30 for an Alpha Build game, I'd buy it if it was a fraction of that cost. Did I miss a sale on that yet?

Dean Hall, the creator of the game flat out said he doesn't want people who are expecting to play a competent game to buy it yet. I doubt he wants impulse buyers who picked it up because it was cheap.

nbraun80

Any thoughts on Game Dev Tycoon? I'm really leaning towards it, as I like me some breezy little sim games and enjoyed Game Dev Story on iOS.

My impressions from a couple pages back:
Didn't play game dev story, but I bought the game on my surface and had fun with it. It was fun coming up with game names and picking good genre and game types to go together. The game ends after 30 years and gives you a score based on sales and such, you can keep playing past that, you just don't add to your leaderboard score. It gives incentive to replay because it gives you +.s and -'s on the types of games that work together as you go and that carries over to your new game. My only downsides are that the game can go a little too fast, it would be nice to split teams and make more games per year. Also the leaderboard was just local so you were only trying to beat yourself, would have been nice to have a friends or global leaderboard. All-in-all I put about 10-12 hours into and had fun

Koeta

Hey my fellows.
I like this game so I'm giving it away, actually a fun hack and slash with crap story.
Also it has ass!!!

someone gifted me this game a few weeks back, didn't get around to checking it out yet.

but your post sir has made me install it finally XD

yuraya

Spent my last 49 cents in steam wallet on Bad Rats. Should have bought New vegas DLC instead but I just had to know what this game was all about. I must know!

Installing Bad Rats now.
Wish me luck

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Dean Hall, the creator of the game flat out said he doesn't want people who are expecting to play a competent game to buy it yet. I doubt he wants impulse buyers who picked it up because it was cheap.

Dean Hall can go pound salt. He can put it up for retail price when it's complete.

Koeta

funny how a few months back he was saying it was going to launch with a lower price and go up as new builds release.

I'll wait till it goes on sale and as an extra bonus is it will also be less buggy when I end up getting it.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
Someone didn't do the math on this "deal".

ER4Nhuw.png

I was considering getting GTA 3, but It's been several years since I played it so it probably hasn't aged well, and I hear it's bad on PC. Also, there don't seem to be many good mods for it, which is weird given the type of game it is.

Grief.exe

funny how a few months back he was saying it was going to launch with a lower price and go up as new builds release.

I'll wait till it goes on sale and as an extra bonus is it will also be less buggy when I end up getting it.

He said they hadn't decided on a price yet, somewhere between $20-30 is what they were expecting.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Dumb question: so I crafted my snowglobe badge got my profile background and an emoticon but no item, what now? Does it show up later? Do I have to play one of the games to get an item?

Grief.exe

Uh-huh, suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure.

Are you questioning the legitimacy of that statement?

He has said that several times over the course of development, several times after release, and even Tweeted out a PC Gamer article, agreeing with them that you shouldn't buy it right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom