• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benedict

I Like this backgorund. Requires Steamenchanced.
From FTL. called Salvage.

Ef27qcTWkLo5Behg6O1qh6mxcRiApp767cs7egwLIiDY9oxSncrWqJnc9J7OjSQNpKRoC9Xk3OLmxiZiDQgjJ9XynxKDwsWqmIG4mNfHOgru9zRajLGBuOyeZX0WHG98gKiZW9vJx6_Pk67BwMFkTqenYV6Kv4D1uJ00fRdIYXKX8Yxa

Kentucky Route Zero, should I pick up the season pass? The leaked list doesn't show this as a daily, and I can wait until the end of the sale. Worth the asking price?

I just played the first two episodes that I got during the Steam sale. It wasn't bad. A lot of people are saying it's a GOTY contender. I honestly have no idea what the hell is going on in the game, what the objective is, or if I even like it. I don't dislike it and it has it's charm I know that...If you're interested in it, grab it while it's cheap and give it a try.

Any opinions on Spacebase from Double Fine while it's on sale? Thinking of jumping on it. Haven't played a game like it in a long time, if ever.

oipic

this thread will be a ghost town tomorow night, gonna be here all alone (stupid work during new years) :(

Staggered time zones should keep the thread bubbling along - there will no doubt be a few of us nursing hang-overs here in Australia looking for somewhere quiet to park ourselves while the rest of the world is still doing its NYE thing.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Kentucky Route Zero, should I pick up the season pass? The leaked list doesn't show this as a daily, and I can wait until the end of the sale. Worth the asking price?

it was a community vote so it might pop as a flash, and what leaked list? the news on the steam front page? If so that was just fo days 11 and 12, which have passed, we dont know whats coming on the 31st or Jan 1st (assuming January second, the last day, is a encore one)

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Sonic giveaway? nice :D

Aye. Hopefully it brings as many happy memories as Sonic has given me over the years.

I heard there is something like a NeoGAF steam group. Since I will be spending loads of time with my purchases from this sale and my backlog in the near future it would be great if someone could give me an invite :)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/aScaris/

Also I'm hesitating to pull the trigger on Risk of Rain.. I got some roguelikes like FTL, Binding of Isaac and Don't Starve in my backlog and don't know if it would be worth getting another one.. Is Risk of Rain really THAT good?

Btw, everyone should get La-Mulana, such a GREAT game and still 75% off (was 90% as a flash deal I think) ! :)

Edit: Wow, that was fast! :D Thanks!

Welcome to the group.

I'm holding off on Risk of Rain as well for honestly that same reason. It is a great game as the demo illustrates and the many glowing reviews for it tells, but I do believe it is one that will be just as good in the future and on another sale.
However if you plan to play with other people, you will have a far easier time setting that up now while more people are active on in rather than in the future.

Sober

Oh wow, finished Brothers. What the fuck, going for the gutpunch there at the end.

But I didn't even tear up. Only game that's made me cry is To The Moon still.

it was a community vote so it might pop as a flash, and what leaked list? the news on the steam front page? If so that was just fo days 11 and 12, which have passed, we dont know whats coming on the 31st or Jan 1st (assuming January second, the last day, is a encore one)

Hmmm, I suppose I'll wait till the last day of the sale just in case. Ah, was it? My bad, thought it was the tail end that was leaked.

I just played the first two episodes that I got during the Steam sale. It wasn't bad. A lot of people are saying it's a GOTY contender. I honestly have no idea what the hell is going on in the game, what the objective is, or if I even like it. I don't dislike it and it has it's charm I know that...If you're interested in it, grab it while it's cheap and give it a try.

It seems weird enough to be of my taste, I remember hearing about it on Rebel FM and they seemed to have the same feelings regarding it.

Thanks for the feedback!

This Day of Defeat profile background is actually pretty cool.

Its the price of one card right now.

I didn't know it was possible, but with Enhanced Steam you can choose any of the backgrounds. Obviously only people who has it installed will be able to see it. Really nice addition.

Hakkuei

Anyone played Electronic Super Joy? Any thoughts?
Fantastic platformer with tight controls and great level design. And that soundtrack... OH YEAH!
It's definitely not an easy game but frequent checkpoints keep it from being too frustrating.

I love it and would recommend it to anyone who liked SMB and VVVVVV.

Pachimari

I just made my first vote on Steam, and voted for Age of Empires II HD.

It's one of the PC games I have fond memories of while I were younger and would love to buy an HD version of it. Hopefully it wins. :)

Ezalc

don't buy Civ5 dlcs! I fount out that it's much cheaper to upgrade buying a new version of a game with discount, now it would be Gold.

I only have Civ 5 and bought Brave New World when there was the pricing error. How am I supposed to get gods and kings now? :/

Oh wow, finished Brothers. What the fuck, going for the gutpunch there at the end.

But I didn't even tear up. Only game that's made me cry is To The Moon still.

I was disappointed by the game on the whole. I really didn't like the end section there either... it was so... forced.

I didn't know it was possible, but with Enhanced Steam you can choose any of the backgrounds. Obviously only people who has it installed will be able to see it. Really nice addition.

I had completely forgotten about this ES feature so am really grateful for the prod. I just changed my background to one I don't actually own on Steam so I'm pretty chuffed about that :). It's nice to have a different look given I use both the client and ES a lot.

Haha yes, thanks to you too, Monk. :D

It was about a region locked key, it's sorted now.

Jolly good :).

I just made my first vote on Steam, and voted for Age of Empires II HD.

It's one of the PC games I have fond memories of while I were younger and would love to buy an HD version of it. Hopefully it wins. :)

You've taken your first step into a larger world.

Good luck with the vote :) you had my axe vote.

Right, time for XCOM! :D

Arthea

I only have Civ 5 and bought Brave New World when there was the pricing error. How am I supposed to get gods and kings now? :/

you already have BNW? not sure then. You shouldn't lose it while upgrading, but that's risky. I don't really know.
Maybe someone else tried upgrades to other versions after purchasing BNW.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Should I buy spelunky? I can get it for free with card money

I would say yes, one of the best games i played in my whole life (I'm 33)...

Congratulation Schnitzelfee for winning a prize, he picked State of Decay.

And thanks to DunderHassan for being so generous! And he is really good at SpeedRunners too! :p

Which also should be bought by everyone who has lots of friends around, such great multiplayer fun!

masterkajo

Just finished The Witcher. What a great game. I can't believe I haven't played it until now and that it took me 2 tries to start it. Granted, it has a really slow start but it is totally worth it. Great storytelling and a nice challange with the FCR mod. On to The Witcher 2.

Vecks

Yes! Finally got enough steam bucks for Risk of Rain. I'm actually glad it's a really small download so I can hop it quick.

Outlast.

I made it about 10 mintues in. Sound up high, creeping around slowly. Got to the first...suprise...

FUCK.
THIS.
SHIT.

I damn near jumped out of my seat in real life. Saved and quit. I already need a break. If you're gonna play this one, man up and have the sound up loud.

denx

Well, so I got poisoned by chocolates in LLTQ. Too bad, I was just coming off of a succesful campaign against a group of rebel nobels and I was looking forward to publicly torture their families to death. Oh well.

With me buying the Alan Wake Franchise pack for $1.09 out of pocket... I'm officially spent. My last $20 is going towards a Metal Gear Rising pre-order on Amazon. Now to actually play some of the things I bought.

TheBear

I mucked around with Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army to farm some cards, and I enjoyed watching bullets smash through their brains and stuff, but fuck is this game hard, and the levels aren't set up for sniping at all. It seems like I'm just getting bumrushed by zombies and exploding fuckers and I rarely get a chance to snipe. Are the regular Sniper Elite games any better? What about the GW games? Another good Sniper games on the market?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom