• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It's a black hole of time, but yes, its fun. I enjoyed it for a few weeks. made some ridiculous games with funny names more often than actually playing it seriously. Once you get the hang of it, it becomes too predictable at times and you will always know what to do to sell the most games and be the most profitable.

Hmm that smells of wait until it's 75% impulse buy, thanks o/

Can someone explain why this Snow Globe drop system is being so cruel to me?
I haven't bought any cards and haven't crafted the badge.

Snow_Globe_Woes.jpg

Derrick01

Banned
Nope. And those games have good gameplay and controls to boot.

But those are 2 of the worst open world series to ever exist, so what good does controls do there? Plus saints row doesn't even have good controls. It also has mission design so atrocious it makes Bethesda's quests look good.

Turfster

But those are 2 of the worst open world series to ever exist, so what good does controls do there? Plus saints row doesn't even have good controls. It also has mission design so atrocious it makes Bethesda's quests look good.

He was comparing with GTA. SR's mission design is lightyears ahead of GTA's.

Cth

Can someone explain why this Snow Globe drop system is being so cruel to me?
I haven't bought any cards and haven't crafted the badge.

I've sold all of mine during the sale, otherwise I'd help.

I decided today I'll craft the badge with the remaining globes and buy the remainders when the market bottoms out.

Good luck. If I get any spares that you need I'll send 'em your way.

Radio

I think I'm going to challenge the person on Steam who took the URL for the username Radio to a duel. Winner gets the URL. Loser commits seppuku. My problem is I'm terrible at every game he owns and pretty much every game sans Virtua Tennis on Dreamcast.

Looks like I'm off to Nicaragua with my SEGA.

Could I get an invite to the gaf steam group please?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/buckchuck

Also fuck me for redeeming a Max Payne 3 key that had dlc tied to it and thus went through even though I already owned the base game. I forgot I owned it.

Done :).

You better go back playing FTL, I don't want your Steam account on my conscience. :D

It's WAY better without watermark and UI!

I was just baffled by the fact that this guy actually took his time to take my gif, improve it and repost it, while my own was still the most recent artwork of the game, creating this double identical posts on top of the page.

I mean, if he posted it on, for example, reddit, ok, fine.
But on the same page? Right after the original post? :D

BTW my original rant probably came out more serious than I meant. Obviously, I don't really care, it was just to report here a curious thing that happened to me. :)

I'm playing XCOM now. Do try to keep up sweetie :p.

Man, i just traded in Need for Speed: Rivals at Gamestop and paid 5 bucks for 40 dollars in Steam money, and now i can't commit to buying the set of Pinball Arcade tables i said i would.

What a shame. I challenge anyone to take one of my screenshots and post it as if it was taken by him/her.

I made a reddit account specifically to call the guy out, but he never responded. Haven't checked back there in a while, though.

I put some of my screens on Flickr now too, so there's always a risk of them 'spreading'.

Derrick01

Banned

You couldn't even jokingly make a case for that. For the entire SR series the missions are as basic as it gets. Go here and kill a million bullet spongey guys. The only thing they ever do to spice the missions up is throw in some zany jokes or moments like being turned into a toilet. It's been the series' biggest problem since it started. It would be like if every GTA was like 4 from a mission design point of view, but San Andreas is still the most diverse and packed open world game ever. You're doing something different in almost every mission.

Then you will be fine, those are two great games for sure. Get Guardian of Light as well - so much fun in coop (or alone).

Definitely will. This is only the second time I'm looking forward to the games from Gold promotion. The other game I kept was Iron Brigade. Now I just got to worry about making space on my 12g HD. I think i'm down to 1.3g free. Time to do some cleaning.

Turfster

San Andreas is still the most diverse and packed open world game ever. You're doing something different in almost every mission.
San Andreas, yes, but it took GTA until *this* year to have checkpoint that didn't make you redo an hour of shitty shooting combat every time you died.
That's just plain bad design, right there.

c0Zm1c

Another game I casually voted for and have no intention of buying wins! I hope TotD comes up next so I may casually vote for that (and it win).

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
You might be tired of it by now, but I don't care! Another DMC4 giveaway.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Devil May Cry 4 -- MB-FB909993327D5F02

t1388463164z1.png

Dambrosi

Banned
Right, I just got moneys, so I'm asking this now.

I already own Spelunky on PS3. Should I buy the PC version too, or am I better off buying The Swapper instead? Bear in mind that I'm subscribed to PS+ US & UK.

The_Monk

20 more minutes then I'll do my votes, check if there's anything interesting in the Flash deals then off I got to try and fix my sleep schedule.

Cth

Hrm.. well, my first impulse buy backfired.

No chance Steam would give a refund for motion sickness, I take it? :D

Now I know why I never finished the game the first time.

derExperte

I disagree when we're talking about the mission design in theory, GTAV has some good, diverse ones. Problem is that playing the game itself is not much fun imo, I don't like the controls (sub30fps framerate didn't help) and it became a bloated mess overall with too much undercooked parts like all the unfun minigames and most of the side stuff. It does too much without doing anything really good, the humor got stale and predictable and the soundtrack was unmemorable to put it politely. Saints Row is the opposite, it's simpler, more repetitive and less polished but plays better. Maybe GTA has become so successful that Rockstar is afraid to change too much but I hope the next one will be slimmed down and set in another time period like the 70s.

A lot of people seem to recommend Game Dev tycoon, is this really a legit game? It seems like it could be either fun or a joke?

I voted Age of Empires 2 HD.

The_Monk

It's one of the best RTS games out there. If you're a fan of RTS then pick it up. It's got a massive single player campaign as well.

Are the problems fixed? I remember some people talking about random crashes, Lag in Multiplayer and Achievements not unlocking/glitching. I have AoE III Complete on physical already, shame it does not redeem on Steam.

sleep is important (hoho says the person who slept at 5AM woke up at 8am)

You should fix that to keep you brain fresh. :p

Zeliard

Right, I just got moneys, so I'm asking this now.

I already own Spelunky on PS3. Should I buy the PC version too, or am I better off buying The Swapper instead? Bear in mind that I'm subscribed to PS+ US & UK.

If you already own Spelunky, I'd say get The Swapper for a very strong puzzle platformer exclusive to the PC. Spelunky is obviously still amazing, but I'm sure you already know that! :)

I made a reddit account specifically to call the guy out, but he never responded. Haven't checked back there in a while, though.

I put some of my screens on Flickr now too, so there's always a risk of them 'spreading'.

Why dont you use some kind of watermark? Like a little triangle on the bottom right with your name in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom