• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Just put 30 minutes into Nilbog is Goblin Spelled Backwards Nilhog Nilhumbara The purple game that's on sale right now. toddhunter very graciously gifted me a copy a few days ago.

It's a stiff puzzle-platformer where your mouse controls paint which changes the nature of terrain you walk on. It's beautifully hand drawn and painted. It's narrated by a very nice voice every step of the way, more Thomas Was Alone style than Bastion. It's got a vaguely existential theme so far to the point that I'd guess it is a mediation on loneliness, or growing up, or fitting in, or mental health / anxiety / depression?

Based on my 30 minute impressions it's probably worth your money if you like indie stuff. I think it's fairly short.

toddhunter did a full review here:
http://toddhunterreport.wordpress.com/2013/12/29/nihilumbra-review/

Time is running out!

Dambrosi

Banned
Get The Swapper.

If you already own Spelunky, I'd say get The Swapper for a very strong puzzle platformer exclusive to the PC. Spelunky is obviously still amazing, but I'm sure you already know that! :)
Okay, good point. However, I heard that the PC version of Spelunky has exclusive features like daily challenges and custom characters. And right now, it's only three quids. Worth it?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Next flash sales:

Naruto UNS 3, Blood Knights, Enslaved, Mercenary Kings

Please? :(

usea

I've played plenty of aoe2, and while it was passable 40 years ago or whatever, it's SO bad now as to be basically unplayable. The worst problems being the lack of attack-move and unit pathing so bad it's borderline experimental art.

Zeliard

Okay, good point. However, I heard that the PC version of Spelunky has exclusive features like daily challenges and custom characters. And right now, it's only three quids. Worth it?

Spelunky on PC is absolutely worth it, especially at its current price, though I would also highly, highly recommend The Swapper. If you're at all capable, get both.

Dambrosi

Banned
Pretty sure the daily challenges are in the PS3 version too.
Oh, really? Never mind then. The Swapper it is.

Zellard, I'd rather not double-dip if I can help it. I only wanted to know if the PC version was superior to the PS3 version in terms of feature-set, is all. If it isn't, I'll just stick to the PS3 version and get something else instead.

Turfster

Flash
  • The Dead Linger 33% off
  • Dark Souls 80% off
  • Transformers Fall of Cybertron 75% off
  • Legend of Dungeon 85% off
Community votes
  • Another World 75% off
  • Wrack 80% off
  • Ducktales 60% off

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Every age of empires game is garbage though :(

2UG4D.gif

Levyne

Banned
Age of Empires is something like comfort food. I enjoy booting it up every now and then. Still haven't tried out the new (to me) Forgotten stuff.

Kaper

Are the problems fixed? I remember some people talking about random crashes, Lag in Multiplayer and Achievements not unlocking/glitching.

I haven't had problems with the game crashing, I don't play Multiplayer, and I've no idea about achievements since I don't much care for them.

Erekiddo

Bit on Spacebase. I like Double Fine. Surely they wouldn't do a bait and switch on me like they did with Brutal Legend. Or terrible mechanics like Costume Quest. Or give me terrible repetition like Stacking.

just kidding, I enjoyed all those games. Except Brutal Legend. fuck that game

Platy

Hardest vote I ever made on a steam sale =P

Happy with whatever wins, but voted on Wrack because this sale needs more 80% discounts

Lyonaz

Been playing the Fantastic Four table in Pinball FX2, got 128M and I was like "FUCK YEAH!!!" checked the Leaderboards, guy on #1 has over 2 billion....

So finally Transformers discount, but damn dunno about €12,49 for Fall of Cybertron.

Nope! You should definitely play more!

On a totally unrelated note, would you guyz plz votz Another World, that I have in wishlist since 1991? k thx

Oh I will :). FTL is having a rest and I'm deep into XCOM again so we'll have to see how close that gets to my FTL playtime by the time I feel like a gaming palate cleanser.

I just voted for Another World actually. You're welcome.

Right, bed for me! N'night boys and girls. Be nice to each other!

Orca

Fall of Cybertron is gonna be one of those games I regret not picking up right now isn't it.

It's weird. I got it for $15 for 360 a couple months back and just finally got around to playing it yesterday. Pretty fun game all around. I was surprised that there's actually stealth sections in a Transformers game and they're not terrible lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom