• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radio

Oh fuck off.
There is this guy who copied my totally beautiful and original POLLO POWER gif I uploaded in Guacamelee artworks, and re-uploaded 5 days later perfectly identical except for cutting away the top and bottom borders (with the game UI and the makeagif watermark).

http://steamcommunity.com/app/214770/images/

What's even the point of this?
People win something if they upload the most popular artworks? There is some kind of street cred I'm not aware of?

I gave yours a thumbs-up and his a thumbs-down.

Total p0wnage.

Yeah, ok, every post is a repost. I'm perfectly fine with how internet works
But christ, at least wait a couple of weeks!

The fact that if you open the artwork page, the first 2 items are the same one is weird as hell. :D
It usually works like this, find a cool image on the internet, then make a bunch of friends to like your post to kickstart it, then let the community to do the liking.

Copons

Report them?

Well, I'm not that pissed off. :D

Also, in the first place it seemed I was kind of cheating, uploading a gif of the actual game in the artwork section.
I mean, I just gatling-pushed F12 and imported the screenshots in a random free gif service. Is not that I did some actual work... :D

Turfster

Total p0wnage.

Wonder what the result would be if we all did that...

Edit: Also, about my earlier statement about Remember me (spoilers, guys)
The secret endings don't continue, you have to do the 'right' ending after them. Still, they show you a new side of the character

Myshkin

Will trade globe for globe, any globes.
Just send me a trade proposal within Steam - ID is in my profile.

Current stock:

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Oh fuck off.
There is this guy who copied my totally beautiful and original POLLO POWER gif I uploaded in Guacamelee artworks, and re-uploaded 5 days later perfectly identical except for cutting away the top and bottom borders (with the game UI and the makeagif watermark).

People win something if they upload the most popular artworks? There is some kind of street cred I'm not aware of?

That's not fun. My screenshots never get much attention, but wouldn't be fun to have someone do something like that.

jhawk6

Still waiting for Ys Origin and/or Oath in Felghana to go on daily/flash. I picked up Chronicles when it was on flash early in the sale. Slightly disappointing the others weren't discounted when it was.

Truthfully Steam just needs to make an Ys bundle for the future.

xJavonta

Banned
In honor of the Packers beating up on the Bears to win the NFC North, again! Here's a chance to win one of my favorite games of this past year, Gunpoint! Also, I threw in a couple of old keys I had around (I'm pretty sure they are still good...cough, all apologizes otherwise).

Wow excellent giveaway! Thanks! Entered for gunpoint, hope I win

Copons

Total p0wnage.

MontyBurns.jpg

Tesseract

Banned
just added $50 to my steam wallet because my credit card expires tomorrow and i forgot to order a replacement.

priorities, gaf.

Total p0wnage.

Thanks for the idea :).

Well, I'm not that pissed off. :D

Also, in the first place it seemed I was kind of cheating, uploading a gif of the actual game in the artwork section.
I mean, I just gatling-pushed F12 and imported the screenshots in a random free gif service. Is not that I did some actual work... :D

I was just going to report their entry but the text said something about it needing to be against the Steam terms of service and I'm pretty sure I read something in those once about them not appreciating frivolous reports :/. Does anyone know if it would be against the terms of service in this case? I don't want to piss Valve off given their customer service reputation! :/

^^^^^^^^ I would report it out of principle :p.

Clawww

Oh fuck off.

I'm sorry, but it's better without the watermark and UI

you seem to be implying that there's no point in re-uploading a photo to amass likes, in which case, why do you care if someone re-makes your gif?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
No, but buying a TF2 item for like 1/4 of it's market price because "I need it right now"
I accept random friend requests, but if they pull this shit, I block them.

Last week somebody added me to ask ME to tell a friend to accept his friend request so he could ask for a TF2 trade.

That's not fun. My screenshots never get much attention, but wouldn't be fun to have someone do something like that.

I once found a few of my Skyrim screenshots randomly uploaded on Reddit. Some guy had just been lifting shots from the Hi-Res Screenshot Thread here on Gaf and uploading them under his own name.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Is GTAIV worth it if I liked GTAV and I enjoyed visiting NYC?

I know it takes on a far more serious tone, but sometimes I just like driving and walking around.

Uga

I once found a few of my Skyrim screenshots randomly uploaded on Reddit. Some guy had just been lifting shots from the Hi-Res Screenshot Thread here on Gaf and uploading them under his own name.

People do that all the time with my gifs on tumblr. Most of them even have my URL on them...

Copons

I was just going to report their entry but the text said something about it needing to be against the Steam terms of service and I'm pretty sure I read something in those once about them not appreciating frivolous reports :/. Does anyone know if it would be against the terms of service in this case? I don't want to piss Valve off given their customer service reputation! :/

^^^^^^^^ I would report it out of principle :p.

You better go back playing FTL, I don't want your Steam account on my conscience. :D

I'm sorry, but it's better without the watermark and UI

you seem to be implying that there's no point in re-uploading a photo to amass likes, in which case, why do you care if someone re-makes your gif?

It's WAY better without watermark and UI!

I was just baffled by the fact that this guy actually took his time to take my gif, improve it and repost it, while my own was still the most recent artwork of the game, creating this double identical posts on top of the page.

I mean, if he posted it on, for example, reddit, ok, fine.
But on the same page? Right after the original post? :D

BTW my original rant probably came out more serious than I meant. Obviously, I don't really care, it was just to report here a curious thing that happened to me. :)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Game dev tycoon, any good? Always wanted to try the iOS one (I love the idea) and this one looks...similar?

Cth

I had something similar happen back in the day..

Those re-done Spider-man newspaper strips?

I used to be on a forum with the original author and rescued them before they were deleted.

They circulated a decent amount and ended up on Warren Ellis' forum.

I had a bunch of them accuse me of ripping off Ellis. Ellis, in turn, wanted to find out who had created them so he could try and get them some comic work.

The guy ended up going on to edit Cracked magazine and the story for Portal 2.

And no, I don't think my reposting his funny stuff caused any of his success, he's a funny guy who'd have succeeded regardless.

EdmondD

I waited all sale for The Swapper. It's just as good as I thought it would be. Which is pretty damn good. I'm not even a puzzle gaming type of guy it just hits all the right notes for me. I love it.

What a shame. I challenge anyone to take one of my screenshots and post it as if it was taken by him/her.

Zeliard

I waited all sale for The Swapper. It's just as good as I thought it would be. Which is pretty damn good. I'm not even a puzzle gaming type of guy it just hits all the right notes for me. I love it.

I think it's vaulted straight to the top of my GOTY list.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I probably misunderstood you,
I thought that in GTA V you visit NYC at some point.

I wrote that post poorly. With regards to your question, I guess both yes and no would be spoiling it technically, so my answer is maybe.

It gets hard. Good freaking luck. 5 hours in myself, bought last night.

ChaoticEko

Neo Member
Game dev tycoon, any good? Always wanted to try the iOS one (I love the idea) and this one looks...similar?

It's a black hole of time, but yes, its fun. I enjoyed it for a few weeks. made some ridiculous games with funny names more often than actually playing it seriously. Once you get the hang of it, it becomes too predictable at times and you will always know what to do to sell the most games and be the most profitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom