• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Definitely. But the final battle in the single-player campaign is still hugely disappointing.

I thought the finale (as a whole) was one of the best game climaxes in recent memory. Final battle itself... hmm yeah it's not the best part. But the chapter itself? Amazing

YAY! Got Dark Souls at 80% off.

YAY

I love the frequent DkS sales. There's always more people that bite, and every time it ends up on the top sellers.

Curious_George

Neo Member
Is Ducktales as good as Castle of Illusion HD? Because Castle of Illusion HD is fantastic.

No. I thought Castle of Illusion was much better (although I didn't finish Ducktales). Also, I loved the NES Ducktales, so I have nothing against the game itself. In fact, I was really excited for this new Ducktales but it just doesn't seem that great to me. But maybe I'd feel the same way about the original now. It's hard to say with the nostalgia I have for it.

How much has everyone spent in this sale so far? If you don't know, you can go to your Badge section, Snow Globe badge section, then click the "How do I earn more cards?" button on the top right.

$101.66
"You have spent approximately $62.27 USD in the store since the sale began."

Most of them were gifts. I bought Electronic Super Joy, Final Fantasy 8, and Trials Evolution Gold for myself. I might jump on Transformers now, though.

Jintor

I think I'm done. This is the first sale where I haven't bought a single AAA game. I've turned hipster :(

The Swapper
Long Live The Queen
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
Gone Home
Guacamelee! Gold Edition
Papers, Please
The Bridge

Total $34.07

Toasty, you liked Brothers and didn't like Gone Home right? I'm your exact opposite. Hopefully we can find peace with LLTQ and Papers Please

Tame

How much has everyone spent in this sale so far? If you don't know, you can go to your Badge section, Snow Globe badge section, then click the "How do I earn more cards?" button on the top right.

$101.66

$146.92

i had no idea that i'd spent so much

No. I thought Castle of Illusion was much better (although I didn't finish Ducktales). Also, I loved the NES Ducktales, so I have nothing against the game itself. In fact, I was really excited for this new Ducktales but it just doesn't seem that great to me. But maybe I'd feel the same way about the original now. It's hard to say with the nostalgia I have for it.

In my opinion Castle of Illusion is a much stronger game than Ducktales. I think the problem with ducktales is they updated the environments/graphics but didn't change the gameplay. This lost the pixel perfect action without compensating with new ideas.

Castle of Illusion isn't perfect, but at least with the new graphics came some decent twists and turns.

MRORANGE

Transfomers must have the goofiest animations ever in a video game.

slagqjprr.gif

I voted for another world myself mainly cause I liked the game. Looking at the price though, the sale price discount only goes up like 10% from what it is if it doesn't win. Vs say Wrack that least doubles.

Oh well. Didn't even occur to me.

Tellaerin

Voting for Wrack. That sucker's been sitting on my wishlist since I saw it on Greenlight. As much as I loved Another World back in the day (I still have fond memories of playing it on my Amiga 1000), it's a choice between something old that I have some nostalgia for and something totally new that I really want.

...Wrack doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning the community vote, does it. -_-

masterkajo

Has GFWL been removed from Dark Souls yet?

No.

Unrelated question. How is The Witcher 2 FCR 2 V1.2 mod? Still some bugs? It doesn't seem to have been updated since June so I guess it runs pretty stable. I am about to install it for my playthrough of Witcher 2.

Copons

I recently played through the iphone version. It still works, short but sweet.

I'm actually interested in how its gameplay holds up today.

I mean, when I played it in the early-to-mid 90s, it was perfect.
Then I played it again 5 or so years ago, at the peak of the "super easy games" trend, and I found it too much difficult and unforgiving.

But after that came the explosion of indies, with the comeback of hard as hell games, so maybe now it's back to being a fine game? :D

I spent....$164.67 USD....yikes XD

That said I have a ton of games now, so I guess I should be sorted till the next sale!

Voted Ducktales because Disney, hope they do more titles like this and Castle of Illusion next year (though kind of a bummer the team that made Castle was pretty much let go by Sega after, bah!)

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Voting for Wrack. That sucker's been sitting on my wishlist since I saw it on Greenlight. As much as I loved Another World back in the day (I still have fond memories of playing it on my Amiga 1000), it's a choice between something old that I have some nostalgia for and something totally new that I really want.

...Wrack doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning the community vote, does it. -_-
It's not the cheapest nor the most recognizable, so no. OTL It's a great discount on a recent game, and been interested in it too.

I somehow managed to win Dunder's Sonic Transformed challenge (well, was 2nd after Dunder) and got Starbound as my prize, yay!!

$101.66

You have spent approximately $134.56 USD in the store since the sale began.

That doesn't take count my amazon and GMG purchases though. Still it's been a good sale and much more active for me than I thought.

usea

So apparently I got a "precious" dota 2 item when I crafted my badge just now. Apparently it sells for $150 on the market??? what

drizzle

Axel Hertz
GAFfers are the dirtiest Sonic All Star Racing Transformed players I've ever encountered, jesus christ. :p

Thanks for the game, I had a blast.

Dambrosi

Banned
Lovely tag there, Derrick.

And i should thank DunderHassan and the guys in my Sonic Kart session, too. I sucked like I thought I would, but it was a great game.

rybrad

Toasty, you liked Brothers and didn't like Gone Home right? I'm your exact opposite. Hopefully we can find peace with LLTQ and Papers Please

How could you not like Brothers???

Gone Home was a long road to nowhere for me but I wouldn't say I didn't like it. The conclusion wasn't really up to snuff and it sort of cast a negative shadow over the whole experience.
Nothing being wrong and it being a pretty ordinary household is novel I guess but shit man, give me something for 2 hours worth of investigating. Fathers plot line was cool I admit. The lamest plotline getting the spotlight was my issue. Even the mother lusting for the park ranger dude was more interesting. Guess I don't care for teenage drama even with the zest of it being a gay relationship.

I like Papers, Please quite a bit though. Just haven't finished it yet. LLTQ is next in line.

GAF has been great to me. Specially this community. I know is not much but hope that whoever gets the game play the shit out it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lasthope106, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dark Souls -- MB-BB692C4E2FB89119 - Taken by WhiskeyDiver. 9 entrants total.

t1388457901z1.png

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Someone, quick, I need GAF impressions of The Dead Linger!

From watching the video alone the game needs way more time in the oven for me to show interest on it. We'll see how it does later but I dont feel like spending money or time on it atm.

Freezard

Thanks to wilflare for helping me get Transformers: War for Cybertron cheaper! :D It's been on my wishlist for a while now. Just six games remaining, although Rocket Knight seems to have been removed from the store :(

Copons

I've only spent $30.62

Your move Gaben.

I'm at $15 and some coins, so, Gaben, THAT'S WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU DON'T SEND STEAM MACHINES TO EUROPE.

But I'm totally read to pull the trigger on Sonic Hits Collection (just waiting if a hypotetical Sonic Racing deal would lower the price even more), on Last Express and on every bit.trip game I need, so I'll probably end around 40 or 50 :'(

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Glad to hear people had fun with Dunder's Sonic All Stars Racing Transform challenge.

If you don't have the game yet, you have a little over two hours to enter for it and other Sonic titles in a giveaway of mine.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=95234293&postcount=15702

As for the community vote, despite my avatar (which is from the comics, not the cartoon adaptation of the comics), I say go for Wrack. It is an Early Access game, it's quite playable and fun for anyone who wants arena based and hoard FPS action witha focus on high-score. Just a lot of fun and it's only getting better as time goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom