• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tellaerin

Transfomers must have the goofiest animations ever in a video game.

slagqjprr.gif

Looks like a homage to this scene from the original Transformers animated movie. :D

nbraun80

Damn you risk of rain, finally got good stuff and beat the 3rd boss but then I go exploring and can't get off the bottom of the sea level to get back up to the teleporter. :(. Lame

Also AoE 2 HD, its expansion, and AoE 3 complete collection for $13 bucks doesn't look too bad.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
So I have a double #2, would need #6, 8, and 10.
Well that was quick.
:)

Glix

Anybody else putting in a vote for Another World? (what happened to Out Of This World btw?)

I LOVE games like this. There aren't enough. When I say "Like this", I mean Flashback, first two Oddworld games, and Heart of Darkness.

Anyway, I got this anniversary edition a while back. I'm stuck within the first fifteen minutes. I'm so ashamed I won't look at a FAQ or ask for help. This thread has now reminded me to fire it up again and try.

Amakuni

$17.62 spent thus far

Spelunky
Trine 1
Trine 2
Rogue's Legacy
Dark Souls

Not playing Dark Souls till I get back to college and have a controller for it. Buyers remorse with Spelunky, game is frustrating and seemingly pointless. Already beat Rogue's Legacy twice, fun addictive game well worth the 5 dollars I bought it for. Haven't played Trine 1 and 2 yet.

Thanks for that Transformers GIF that you keep posting... and now I want to ask you something GAF, if it's not against the rules of this thread - anyone interested in trading Transformers Fall of Cybertron (the one with Dinobots in it, newer one) for my spare Witcher 2 + Magicka + Nuclear Dawn Steam gifts? I've also got some (lots) spare Humble keys and Steam gifts/however they call those new "Steam keys" they have there, if anyone's interested in those and accepts them as fair trade.

Derrick01

Banned
convince me SteamGAF, which Transformers games should I pick? or should I pick both?

14.99 USD for Fall of Cybertron to me is pretty steep..

Necrovex

Just completed Gone Home and it was bloody amazing. I'll give it a few days to sink in, but it'll probably reach my top 5 list for GOTY. I am having a difficult time getting into Brothers. I just don't really care for it.

Ryaaan14

Banned
How much has everyone spent in this sale so far? If you don't know, you can go to your Badge section, Snow Globe badge section, then click the "How do I earn more cards?" button on the top right.

$101.66

Where the fuck is that cat from the gif to put it's paw on my hand to stop me from buying games.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Thinking back on State of Decay (I'm at work so I can't actually play it) I wish the game was always during day time. Night time isn't even harder per se, it's just so fucking dark you can't see shit, and also looks a lot uglier without the cool lighting tricks it has during daytime. It doesn't help that each cycle takes ages to pass so when it's nighttime you're stuck in nighttime for awhile.

Then again, I haven't thought about a game I'm playing while at work in a long time so I guess it's got its grips on me.

This is unrelated, but I was given a $50 amazon gift card, and I was thinking on getting Metal Gear Rising pre-order on Amazon, but I remembered the region lock thingy. I'm from South America, so it won't work right?

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I already asked, maybe someone can answer me: is there a chance Might & Magic X early access will go on sale?

Cth

convince me SteamGAF, which Transformers games should I pick? or should I pick both?

14.99 USD for Fall of Cybertron to me is pretty steep..

WfC is the first.. it shows the history of how the conflict began between the factions... storywise it's great. Multiplayer is going to be less active since most will likely be playing on the new game. That being said with it on sale for $5 it may get a boost.. just know that in advance.

FoC is a little more personal story of betrayals.. again, really good storylines for both games.. single player is a little shorter (and alternates between sides -- meaning you play as Autobot then Decepticon to see the war unfolding from both perspectives, whereas the first game you could play through one side exclusively)

First one has co-op, the 2nd one doesn't. Co-op is a lot of fun.

Multiplayer is where the real fun is at though. Being able to mix up things Battlefield style on the fly (fly somewhere, transform into robot, blitz them and fly away) which makes capture the flag games even more fun. There are CoD style kill things that unlock for the team. It's fun to drive full speed and flip the car and bounce off walls and transform and start blasting everyone in sight.

Customization options -- you can change how the bot looks, colors, pieces, etc in the 2nd one, but not the first.

Overall, I'd say go with both, but if you have to get one, get War for Cybertron. If you're not a big Transformers fan or hesitant get Fall of Cybertron and regret not getting WfC while it's this cheap.

TRANSLATION: These never go on sale, and as JaseC will remind you, licensed games have a tendency to get yanked, so now is the time to get it.

Most fun I've had multiplayer in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom