• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
WfC is the first.. it shows the history of how the conflict began between the factions... storywise it's great. Multiplayer is going to be less active since most will likely be playing on the new game. That being said with it on sale for $5 it may get a boost.. just know that in advance.

FoC is a little more personal story of betrayals.. again, really good storylines for both games.. single player is a little shorter (and alternates between sides -- meaning you play as Autobot then Decepticon to see the war unfolding from both perspectives, whereas the first game you could play through one side exclusively)

First one has co-op, the 2nd one doesn't. Co-op is a lot of fun.

Multiplayer is where the real fun is at though. Being able to mix up things Battlefield style on the fly (fly somewhere, transform into robot, blitz them and fly away) which makes capture the flag games even more fun. There are CoD style kill things that unlock for the team. It's fun to drive full speed and flip the car and bounce off walls and transform and start blasting everyone in sight.

Customization options -- you can change how the bot looks, colors, pieces, etc in the 2nd one, but not the first.

Overall, I'd say go with both, but if you have to get one, get War for Cybertron. If you're not a big Transformers fan or hesitant get Fall of Cybertron and regret not getting WfC while it's this cheap.

TRANSLATION: These never go on sale, and as JaseC will remind you, licensed games have a tendency to get yanked, so now is the time to get it.

Most fun I've had multiplayer in years.

Hey, thanks for the suggestion. I think I'm gonna pick both. Something tells me that I'm gonna regret not getting both of them.

Jørdan

8gxbMww.png

GaussTek

I've only spent $38 so far this Holiday, and planning to spent only like $2.50 more for Penny Arcade 4 (or less, if it goes on a daily/flash again :p)

Great. Dark Souls and Legend of Dungeon again.

Oh and Duck Tales again on the vote.

Yeah, not like Triple Town needed a slot. Or Monster Loves You, blah blah blah.

jhawk6

Great. Dark Souls and Legend of Dungeon again.

Oh and Duck Tales again on the vote.

Yeah, not like Triple Town needed a slot. Or Monster Loves You, blah blah blah.

Steam goes all in with the repeats. Will the last day of the sale be another encore day like they've done before? Is that really necessary?

derExperte

Steam goes all in with the repeats. Will the last day of the sale be another encore day like they've done before? Is that really necessary?

It was worse during the summer sale, they dialed the repeats back a bit. But yes, last day will likely be all the best sellers again.

Rflagg

From watching the video alone the game needs way more time in the oven for me to show interest on it. We'll see how it does later but I dont feel like spending money or time on it atm.

I agree with this way too soon to be tossing money at it.

I never heard of it before, but I will be keeping it in mind because I like some of the ideas they talked about.

There's something unbelievably amusing about dropping The Swapper from large height and watching him crumple.

I think it was the ridiculously low height that you can fall from and die that originally set this comic train in motion.

Quoting myself for the new new page before I collapse on my bed (it's almost 5 a.m. here). If anyone wants Witcher 2 Steam gift + some other stuff in exchange for Transformers: Dinobots vs. the World, that'd be great. Just get it before the flash sale ends and shoot me a PM, I'll reply to you first thing in the morning.
Thanks for that Transformers GIF that you keep posting... and now I want to ask you something GAF, if it's not against the rules of this thread - anyone interested in trading Transformers Fall of Cybertron (the one with Dinobots in it, newer one) for my spare Witcher 2 + Magicka + Nuclear Dawn Steam gifts? I've also got some (lots) spare Humble keys and Steam gifts/however they call those new "Steam keys" they have there, if anyone's interested in those and accepts them as fair trade.

Cth

Well, the thing about it is FoC and WfC are Hasbro's attempt at starting over from the beginning with a new continuity.

So, it's an all new story that doesn't require knowing a lot. Since you're getting in at the origin, it's all you need to get up to speed.

xJavonta

Banned
$29.86 spent.

Which is pretty good. As far as I can remember I only bought Tomb Raider from Amazon during this sale, and I actually got gifted a few things this time around. Pretty satisfied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom