• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
has or will Sonic Racing All Star Transformed dropped lower than $9.99? How does the PC version stack up against Wii U version?

It's been on sale numerous times, from $4.99 to $6.99 most often across various stores including Steam. Amazon will have it for $4.99 on the 1st of January.

You can also try to win it in my giveaway, which has an hour to go. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=95234293&postcount=15702

As for comparisons between versions, they are nearly identically outside of a few fixes to one course (Race of Ages) being smoother online for Wii U.

Zushin

Is Fall of Cybertron locked to 30 FPS like War? Was annoying to use the fps unlocker on the first. Oh yeah and is the game any good?

nbraun80

Everyone should own Legend of Dungeon at that price. :)

Eh just got it the other day fr Thessaly price from humble, and I'm not a big fan. Had no idea what the point of the tavern was and all the different levels I went through looked the same, had no idea if I've been there before or not. Maybe I'll give it another chance, but for now I'm just idling for the cards.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I always get from multiple stores so I can't use the Steam counter. But let's see...

Quote to reveal 18 items totaling $64.35

Fuck. This is how it happens. There is also a handful of GOG games. Looking at that, I can't be picking up Age of Empires Legacy Bundle like I was considering. The reason it's bad is because I haven't played games on PC since September, yet I have been playing my 3DS every day since I got it on the 5th. Somehow I maintained my PC game buying habit without the playing habit, ahh! New Years Resolution: No PC buying games? Maybe I should think of 3 that are allowed and 2 more that might come out that would be allowed...

Santini

It's been on sale numerous times, from $4.99 to $6.99 most often across various stores including Steam. Amazon will have it for $4.99 on the 1st of January.

You can also try to win it in my giveaway, which has an hour to go. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=95234293&postcount=15702

As for comparisons between versions, they are nearly identically outside of a few fixes to one course (Race of Ages) being smoother online for Wii U.

Digital Foundry have done a good write-up and video.

In terms of characters, PC has more, but is of course missing the Mii from the Wii U version.

My tally so far:

Alan Wake Franchise (Collector's Edition, American Nightmare (Steam - $3.99)
Aliens: Colonial Marines (Amazon - $2.00)
Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC (Double-Barreled Shotgun/S.H.A.R.P. Sticks) (Steam - $1.02)
Alpha Protocol (GreenManGaming - $3.00)
Codemasters Bundle (Indiegala - $2.99)
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (Steam - $3.74)
Don't Starve (Steam - $1.19)
Fallout (Good Old Games - $0.00)
Fallout 2 (Good Old Games - $0.00)
Fallout: Tactics (Good Old Games - $0.00)
FTL (NeoGAF - gift)
Hotline Miami (NeoGAF - gift)
Left 4 Dead 2 (Steam - promotion/gift)
Magicka DLC's (Aspiring Musician Robes, Gamer Bundle, Grimnir's Laboratory, Nippon, Party Robes, Wizard's Survival Kit) (GreenManGaming - $1.20)
The Orange Box (GreenManGaming - $3.80)
Quantum Conundrum + DLC (Amazon - $1.19)
Tropico Bundle (Indiegala - $5.99)
The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition (NeoGAF - gift)

Along with ACII Deluxe and BL2, which I ended up regifting.

I might pick up Rising if it appears again.

You didn't preorder it before?
Shame on you.
Personally, my 2013 GOTY.

It has been $5 before. PC version is excellent.

Mostly. Except for the weird shit that happens when you race online with Dunder. :lol

Crazy that Activision can discount Transformers heavy but can't throw a bone for the old Call of Duty titles.

Indeed. I won't pay more than $20 for Ghosts and I won't pay more than $10-$15 for older games... and yet, I've never seen them on sale for these prices. It's a shame. The Mac version of Blops was on sale over at Get Games, but that does me no good.

it isn't crazy, it is smart. COD sells a lot more than Transformers.

Not really. The amount of impulse buys they would get during one of these sales would be staggering, especially for older titles that people aren't going to pay anywhere near full price for anymore.

$55.00 spent. Still don't have a gaming pc. Really need to build one of those one of these days.

Best thing I did this year, gaming wise.
Now I game on PC or Vita. My PS3 is collecting dust with my 360 (but not as much so).
I can now play all the games I have amassed over the years during these sales and it is wonderous.

Do it. Best thing I have ever done

Indeed.

scitek

Holy shit does anyone know of an easy way to raise the FOV in remember me? This is killing my eyes.

In your SteamApps\common\Remember Me\Engine\Config folder, add this to the BaseInput.ini under General Bindings

Bindings=(Name="NumPadTwo",Command="FOV 90")

Change the number to whatever you want, then hit numpad 2. Word of warning, it messes up the in-game UI (the JUMP HERE arrows and such).

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
GAF, what do you think?

This?
GF7azP1.png

Or this?
mkktdOx.png

I'm extremely afraid of how much I spent. I can't wait for January 3rd... Granted I only go on a PC gaming binge during Steam sales but it's bad when I do.
Like $300+ bad...

I see Fall of Cybertron was $3 less of Gamefly 14 days ago. I kinda wanna wait to see if they'll post that deal again, but this game very rarely goes on sale so I'm itching to full the trigger on the Steam deal.

I think on January 1st, I'll go on a snow globe card purchasing tangent just cause. They should be down to around 10 cents by then if the trend continues. It's surprising that they're still in the at least 15 cents a piece range. Usually, with tens of thousands of the same card on the market, the price usually plummets to the 6 to 8 cent range.

Terra

Oh no...so I think that I missed out on State of Decay :(. It's currently only 33% off.
Is there a chance that it will be a flash sale once more this time?

Damage so far:

- Gone Home
- Final Fantasy VIII
- La-Mulana
- Guacamelee! Gold Edition
- Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
- Spec-Ops The Line
- Deadlight
- The Stanley Parable

I'm pretty happy with these sales, gotta say.

usea

First.

Also, I know I use a red-headed stepchild of a browser, but are there any plans to update the Opera version of Enhanced Steam? Tbh, I was pleasantly surprised a version existed at all, so don't take this as a complaint :p
Give in. I used Opera for like 10 years (maybe more), but last month I finally gave up and moved to firefox. Couldn't be happier.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Just a quick bump for the giveaway. T-minus 10 minutes!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Devil May Cry 4 -- MB-FB909993327D5F02 - Taken by LGom09. 84 entrants total.

t1388463164z1.png

Thinking about Dark Souls but I'm already useless at video games, do I really want to play a game that's going to make that even more apparent?

Currently stuck on the first crate box level of "Flyn" of all things D:

rtcn63

Thinking about Dark Souls but I'm already useless at video games, do I really want to play a game that's going to make that even more apparent?

Currently stuck on the first crate box level of "Flyn" of all things D:

You will either ascend to godhood or take your own life. Probably the latter once you hit Anor Londo.

Zushin

Okay, just picked up Fall of Cybertron. Total damage so far:

Steam:

- Transformers: Fall of Cybertron
- Dust: An Elysian Tail
- Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
- Rise of the Triad
- Ys I and II Chronicles
- Battlefield 2
- Guacamelee! Gold Edition
- Hard Reset: Extended edition

GOG:

- Deadly Premonition

PSN:

- Okami HD
- Muramasa Rebirth

Also got a couple of things for my brother. Ended up spending way more than I wanted to lol.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Jørdan;95339230 said:
Yes, apparently it is bad form to pay less through trades and other stores than use the Steam Store like the ignorant as demonstrated previously.
Is it bad form to say you won't get something then get it anyway? That's what I just did. I think I'm gonna roll with that resolution. 2014 is year of 3DS or actually playing PC backlog.

gabbo

My damage:
Stanley Parable
Metro Last Light
Sanctum 2 (great fun with coop)

GoG
Re-volt
Wing Commander Collection

Humble
Outlast
Guacamelee
Paper's Please
Gone Home

GamersGate
Crusader Kings 2

Gifts:
Dishonored DLC
Ducktales

edit: Spent waaaaay more than I wanted, and it's still only like 50 bucks

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Just finished Risk of Rain for the first time. Very fun game, I'll definitely go back again. Not sure how much is left to unlock, I still have less than half of the classes so I'm sure there's a bit to go back for. That soundtrack stays amazing the entire way through.

LGom09

Aside from fighting games, what are some good games on Steam to play with a fightstick? Already have Jamestown which feels great on it.

Give in. I used Opera for like 10 years (maybe more), but last month I finally gave up and moved to firefox. Couldn't be happier.
Noooooooo. I'm another decade-long opera user. I have FF/Chrome/IE (blech) installed mainly to test if things work properly in various browsers. Definitely not ready to make the switch. I'm a little bit of an Opera fangirl.

hitmon

Anybody have impressions on Outlast? I got it mixed up with another game, but after watching the trailer it looks pretty good. Wondering how long and difficult it is.

Anybody have impressions on Outlast? I got it mixed up with another game, but after watching the trailer it looks pretty good. Wondering how long and difficult it is.

Very easy once you work out how to exploit the AI (or lack thereof). You'll see the lot in 5 hours but it is a decent enough ride.

mannerbot

Aside from fighting games, what are some good games on Steam to play with a fightstick? Already have Jamestown which feels great on it.

Obvious suggestions would be arcade games like Pac-Man CE DX+, any shmup, beat-em-ups like D&D: Chronicles of Mystara or Castle Crashers, any platformer that doesn't require too many buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom