• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

denx

Uh, so I did it, after all this waiting I finally got Fall of Cybertron. Didn't got any of the DLC though.

I don't know if to feel happy or sad because my Steam wallet looks a whole lot emptier now.

Eusis

Unbreakable will power. Or just no games you want.
I DO think this is the lightest sale yet for me through a mixture of both. Thinking more pragmatically, there's just too much other crap to worry about to justify leaping on every deal that kind of interests me unless it's really, REALLY cheap.

Jørdan

Is it bad form to say you won't get something then get it anyway? That's what I just did. I think I'm gonna roll with that resolution. 2014 is year of 3DS or actually playing PC backlog.

Haha, no things can pop up unexpected, mood or a recommendation can come your way. I've only bought gifts so far, with the bulk of main titles I desired purchased during the Autumn sale. I have a huge backlog and actually enjoy playing my games so I'm content to play through what I have and pick up the remainder when they are cheaper and I have the time to experience them. Have a great new year!

Momentary

Banned
FINALLY got a server going for multiplayer on Risk of Rain through Hamachi. I played with my little brother... and we sucked. It seems like it's just as hard since Items are spread so thin throughout members. It probably didn't help that we were playing on Monsoon also.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
First.

Also, I know I use a red-headed stepchild of a browser, but are there any plans to update the Opera version of Enhanced Steam? Tbh, I was pleasantly surprised a version existed at all, so don't take this as a complaint :p

Thanks for your guy's input.

In regards to Opera: I won't be doing any further work on Opera 12, but new versions are being sent for Opera "Next". However, they have a manual review process similar to Firefox, and the last version I sent was a few weeks ago and has not yet been certified.

The way their system is set up, I cannot submit a newer version until the previous one has been certified.

So long story short, if you have Opera Next, you should be seeing updates (hopefully soon).

Sadly yes, and no word on removing it yet. I sure hope they do, considering the game has such good word of mouth and sells really well during sales.

I know Grief said GFWL was a requirement, but I wonder if the networking is currently dependent on GFWL APIs and as such, porting it to Steamworks or something would be a pain in the ass... they haven't patched the game since release, have they?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I know Grief said GFWL was a requirement, but I wonder if the networking is currently dependent on GFWL APIs and as such, porting it to Steamworks or something would be a pain in the ass... they haven't patched the game since release, have they?

It's been patched once.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Licensed game, JaseC logic dictates you buy it.

Better safe than sorry! Acti is particularly unpredictable seeing as it decided to abandon the James Bond licence a mere three months after the release of 007 Legends.

Edit: Oops.

denx

Just realised that with Fall of Cybertron I've reached the 400 games mark.

2354677-8690452165-veryn.gif

Myshkin

Trading post open again for a while. Will trade globe for globe, any globes.
Just send me a trade proposal within Steam - my ID is in my profile.

Current stock:

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Less than ten minutes for my giveaway and then I'll stop bothering everyone with it.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=95234293&postcount=15702

Sonic the Hedgehog Mega Drive, Dr Robotniks Mean Bean Machine aka Sonic Puyo Puyo, Sonic And All Stars Racing Transformed, Sonic And All Stars Racing Transformed Metal Sonic And Outrun DLC, Sonic The Hedgehog 2,Sonic Adventure 2 and Battlemode DLC,Sonic 3 And Knuckles, and Sonic Spinball up for grabs. Free for all.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Reminds me of when a friend of mine won $100,000 from the lottery. Suddenly, everyone wanted to buy tickets. But they weren't thinking of the hundreds of thousands of tickets that don't win.

I've done four lotteries. Each one I've won exactly what I put in to get the ticket. I figured that's a good sign to not even bother.

maneil99

I prob should have spent less on free games to giveaway and more on clearing my wishlist.
Of course I keep seeing new games to buy too, god dammit.

KarmaCow

Oh man I didn't notice that Tour of Duty tickets in TF2 got a 50% price cut in the Winter Sale. This changes everything.

I need more luck with foils. especially selling them

Did they tie foil drop rates to your level? I was getting them somewhat regularly up until August and more than 250 cards later I have yet to see one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom