• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
He's in the land down under.

I'm in Japan, so Happy New Year's Eve to all of my fellow GAFfers!

<3

I loved War for Cybertron and will be filled with regret if I don't buy the sequel before it gets pulled but $12.50 is a bit too much.. Wat do? :(

I'd jump on it:

- It's not cheaper in Eastern Europe
- It's $60 in the US, so even if it were 75% off on GameFly again and you found somebody willing to buy it for you, you'd be saving a mere 50c (factoring in the 20% discount code)
- As an Acti-published licensed game it may be on the chopping block as Acti's FY mirrors the calendar year (in other words, like the James Bond games this year, it may disappear next month)

It's not, but it can be if Acti loses the transformers license

Or dumps it (see: James Bond).

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/667955140199462148/020DBE00531A7045EE82B0D4D5A48B83099E2DF5/1820x2048.resizedimage

Dying at this. It's a shame I can't get the "people" interaction aspect of the game being disabled. I just hope Rocket makes the actual "game" part worth playing over killing/interacting with people that are attempting to kill you right now. :(

oipic

I loved War for Cybertron and will be filled with regret if I don't buy the sequel before it gets pulled but $12.50 is a bit too much.. Wat do? :(

I too will be stroking my chin and pondering that question tonight, my friend - but with both Transformers titles (have been hoping to pick up the first one for what seems like forever now).

Being New Year's Eve, and almost beer o'clock, that might signal danger for my wallet, however, in its battle against common sense. Poor wallet.

You lot are a
wonderfully
bad influence, too.

Echoplx

I'd jump on it:

- It's not cheaper in Eastern Europe
- It's $60 in the US, so even if it were 75% off on GameFly again and you found somebody willing to buy it for you, you'd be saving a mere 50c (factoring in the 20% discount code)
- As an Acti-published licensed game it may be on the chopping block as Acti's FY mirrors the calendar year (in other words, like the James Bond games this year, it may disappear next month)

You win this time, Jase.

hhHXOXw.png

I too will be stroking my chin and pondering that question tonight, my friend - but with both Transformers titles (have been hoping to pick up the first one for what seems like forever now).

Being New Year's Eve, and almost beer o'clock, that might signal danger for my wallet, however, in its battle against common sense. Poor wallet.

You lot are a
wonderfully
bad influence, too.

I'm currently debating it too, but just FoC -- for $5, the reviews and hype for WoC was good enough you should definitely grab it.

I see JaseC bought the DLC as well, but it's all multiplayer stuff... not sure that's worth an extra $7.57 either, since the multi will probably be dead by the time I get around to playing it.

You win this time, Jase.

hhHXOXw.png

Where did you see it for $12.50? It's $14.99 for me...

Grief.exe

how come it looks way better here?

Settings turned up.

I'm currently debating it too, but just FoC -- for $5, the reviews and hype for WoC was good enough you should definitely grab it.

I see JaseC bought the DLC as well, but it's all multiplayer stuff... not sure that's worth an extra $7.57 either, since the multi will probably be dead by the time I get around to playing it.

I might bite on Fall if I didn't have so many games to play right now.

If they were going to lose the licence then they should do a damn fire sale.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I can't tell who won as the post isn't updated with the "taken by" lines, but I'm guessing I didn't win what I entered for, since I don't have a PM.

ModBot 1 and 3 acted a bit funny there, but here are the winners.

ModBot said:
nexen claimed your Dr Robotniks Mean Bean Machine aka Sonic Puyo Puyo key. There were 19 entrants.
HalfwayOrb claimed your Sonic And All Stars Racing Transformed key. There were 57 entrants.
Lain claimed your Sonic And All Stars Racing Transformed Metal Sonic And Outrun DLC key. There were 47 entrants.
fernandes claimed your Sonic Spinball key. There were 18 entrants.
Benedict claimed your Sonic Spinball key. There were 1 entrants.

Thanks again for being generous.
ModBot 3 said:
GaussTek claimed your Sonic the Hedgehog Mega Drive key. There were 22 entrants.
Fuu claimed your Sonic The Hedgehog 2 key. There were 22 entrants.
Yozi claimed your Sonic 3 And Knuckles key. There were 21 entrants.
Waku claimed your Sonic Adventure 2 and Battlemode DLC key. There were 28 entrants.

Thanks again for being generous.

I have no idea what's up it saying two people won Sonic Spinball, I only had one key for that. Unfortunately I am unable to buy another key any time soon, so it will have to be first to get it I guess. Sorry.

Colin.

Do you think War for Cybertron is at the same level of risk? Never tried it, but seems like a decent game. Fall is too expensive still to justify, even under those circumstances.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Fall is a better single player game, and a much better Transformers game from a nostalgia standpoint. They differentiate the characters a lot more, with unique mechanics most times.

Also, the last level would be a contender for best level in a video game of the generation. It's that good (the last level that is, the game is fine)

Fall is a better single player game, and a much better Transformers game from a nostalgia standpoint. They differentiate the characters a lot more, with unique mechanics most times.

Also, the last level would be a contender for best level in a video game of the generation. It's that good (the last level that is, the game is fine)

Any idea if the $7.47 for DLC is worthwhile if you don't plan on playing online much?
I'm about ready to cave on FoC... but am trying to figure out if I should suck it up and buy the DLC too...

Anyone with the game know if that stuff is the online multi only or if it works in survival mode and stuff too?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Any idea if the $7.47 for DLC is worthwhile if you don't plan on playing online much?
I'm about ready to cave on FoC... but am trying to figure out if I should suck it up and buy the DLC too...

Anyone with the game know if that stuff is the online multi only or if it works in survival mode and stuff too?

I only played the single player dude sorry. I don't "do" multiplayer 99.9% of the time :/

TheSeks

I might bite on Fall if I didn't have so many games to play right now.

If they were going to lose the licence then they should do a damn fire sale.

It's ATVI. They'll never do a firesale if they can help it. :(

Allllll these zombie/apocalypse open world survival games...

dayz

dead linger

7 days to die

and rust...

I am kinda leaning towards 7 days to die... its a shame all of these are on early access. I think that is just a sign that I should wait to see how things churn out.

JaseC

You win this time, Jase.

hhHXOXw.png

tumblr_mjxtrocujr1rxkmdrja.gif

Where did you see it for $12.50? It's $14.99 for me...

It's cheaper -- yes, cheaper -- in Australia ($50 versus $60).

Edit: Beaten.

Do you think [Transformers] is at the same level of risk? Never tried it, but seems like a decent game. Fall is too expensive still to justify, even under those circumstances.

It's impossible to say, really. I mean, with the James Bond games, Acti could have just ceased producing retail copies and instead just stuck with reaping the benefits of digital sales for the next three years, but instead the decision was made to abandon the licence entirely.

TheSeks

Yeah, Defo wait. I think DayZ has the most potential being the "name brand"/start of the genre, but it needs some major work to live up to that potential.

The others are just offshoots of that doing different things from that base.

(And I guess you can throw "S.T.A.L.K.E.R." in as a "survival game" but it isn't really a survival game I feel. Some people classify it as such, so there you go...)

Tizoc

OK I need 2 more cards to craft a badge:
SG 2 and SG 4

I have the following for trade:
1 SG 6
1 SG 7
1 SG 9
1 SG 10

Rhaknar

For all the shit Acti gets, we had Prototype 2 (and 1, I didn't check during the flash?), Deadpool, Transformers at 75%, there's still time for Spidey and Vampire Bloodlines, and we all know COD never goes more than 50% (excluding the most recent of course), it hasn't been THAT bad this time

Colin.

It's impossible to say, really. I mean, with the James Bond games, Acti could have just ceased producing retail copies and instead just stuck with reaping the benefits of digital sales for the next three years, but instead the decision was made to abandon the licence entirely.

Yeah, sometimes these decisions can be a bit odd. Even 2K with Prey, the amount of interest I got recently when getting retail copies proves the demand is there. But instead of 2K getting the money, it goes to retailers instead, who happen to have a bunch of old physical stock laying around. It's just throwing away money really.

Deques

I am closing to 800 owned games in Steam. Only got two more games before I get 800. Valdis Story and Blood Knights will probably be those two games that will fulfill my 800 games collection

Cth

Oh, also forgot to add..

Fall of Cybertron has a Horde mode in addition to the regular multiplayer modes.

And really, where else can you go around stomping on things and shooting fire as a giant robot t-rex?

Rhaknar

I am closing to 800 owned games in Steam. Only got two more games before I get 800. I am hoping that Valdis Story and Blood Knights will get a deeper discount

MAH MAN

JaseC

Yeah, sometimes these decisions can be a bit odd. Even 2K with Prey, the amount of interest I got recently when getting retail copies proves the demand is there. But instead of 2K getting the money, it goes to retailers instead, who happen to have a bunch of old physical stock laying around. It's just throwing away money really.

Prey is a little different in that Zenimax assumed ownership of the IP back in 2009. 2K's publishing contract eventually expired and, since Bethesda is also a publisher, it wasn't renewed. Of course, this raises the question of why Bethesda is sitting on the original game. It's a similar situation to Quake Wars: Zenimax owns the game and it was developed by an independent studio, but despite this it hasn't returned to Steam since publishing rights reverted back to id back in 2011.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I'll be on my mobile, but just in case tonight's party keeps me away. Happy New Year everyone. Good luck on the sales. Vote and buy Super House Of Dead Ninjas if it gets a Community vote and wins.

Most importantly of all, have fun.

Echoplx

Oh, also forgot to add..

Fall of Cybertron has a Horde mode in addition to the regular multiplayer modes.

And really, where else can you go around stomping on things and shooting fire as a giant robot t-rex?

Do you need any of the DLC for the dinosaurs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom