• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArynCrinn

Banned
wtf, i wake up and Steam is dead as hell.

It was Anonymous man, it's all a conspiracy to undermine Valve's best revenue stream at the perfect time when both dev's and Valve will lose massive sales. The next thing we'll see is a Reddit/Twitter post about it demanding Valve renounce DRM and stop taxing gamers through their shady little market system. Otherwise they'll ruin the entire Holiday sale and leak Gabe's most precious secrets, involving a dog and fork.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Looks like Steam got

Left 4 Dead

loBA9h3.jpg

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Zeliard

How many times do I need to tell people not to buy something for it to stick?!

I believe you said, and I'm quoting you directly here, "Aliens: CM is a totally awesome, underrated game except for this one boss fight that a certain patch made cheap. Otherwise it's well-worth your time."

This is a direct quote.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
This website needs to work so that I can purchase Shelter before time runs out.

It's L4D2 that's causing this right? Sigh... yeah, a 3rd one of those is really what Valve should be spending time on. Come back to that franchise 5 years from now.

Turfster

Since Steam has been down today I decided to FINALLY play Brothers, since I heard pretty much from everyone that it's easily one of the best games they ever played, GOTY contender and after hearing the Giant Bomb Podcast GOTY debates....

...What a waste of my time.

TheMadMan
(Today, 11:51 PM)

I believe you said, and I'm quoting you directly here, "Aliens: CM is a totally awesome, underrated game except for this one boss fight that a certain patch made cheap. Otherwise it's well-worth your time."

This is a direct quote.

Try that on one of my quotes, I dare you ;)

This is a direct quote.
Maybe you quoted the wrong guy?

Derrick01

Banned
Since Steam has been down today I decided to FINALLY play Brothers, since I heard pretty much from everyone that it's easily one of the best games they ever played, GOTY contender and after hearing the Giant Bomb Podcast GOTY debates....

...What a waste of my time. I really tried to like it, and I think the last part of the game actually is ok, but no where near game of the year or even really worth mentioning besides the controls are different than normal. Maybe it's because I don't have a brother in real life, maybe because I haven't had my mom die by drowning, but this game is very very bland and the besides two cool moments in the entire game, one in the last part of the game, and the second in the last 5 mins of gameplay, I can say that I'm extremely disappointing by this game and wish I had that 2 hours of my life back.

Again, maybe its just me, but if anyone is on the fence about it, wait till its on sale, and make sure you have realistic expectations for this game, because after hearing multiple people say "its the best game I've ever played in my life" I no longer value their opinion . Anyways, enough of my rant, I'm going to try and finish Zelda a link between worlds and wait for steam to come back to life

Yup that certainly sounds like one of those types of games people on here go nuts over. I'm glad I chose to pass on it.

Also it's 2 hours long? Fuck that.

Zeliard

It's fine.

It's cool.

I gently coerced Stumpokapow into buying the Game of Thrones video game a while back. I feel we're even.

Kadayi

Banned
Store page is up, but unresponsive.

Also what's with this 'TheMadMan' guy posting the entire ending to a game in this thread?

Cerity

BAD RATS: ALIENS EDITION.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Aliens:CM -- MB-9FE513FCF87288E2

t1388022866z1.png

naib

How much more time was left on the KOF XIII flash sale?
Getting a little antsy.

edit:
nm, 3 hours.. let's see if this works.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood

...What a waste of my time. I really tried to like it, and I think the last part of the game actually is ok, but no where near game of the year or even really worth mentioning besides the controls are different than normal. Maybe it's because I don't have a brother in real life, maybe because I haven't had my mom die by drowning, but this game is very very bland and the besides two cool moments in the entire game, one in the last part of the game, and the second in the last 5 mins of gameplay, I can say that I'm extremely disappointing by this game and wish I had that 2 hours of my life back.

Again, maybe its just me, but if anyone is on the fence about it, wait till its on sale, and make sure you have realistic expectations for this game, because after hearing multiple people say "its the best game I've ever played in my life" I no longer value their opinion . Anyways, enough of my rant, I'm going to try and finish Zelda a link between worlds and wait for steam to come back to life

You probably just saved me $5 somewhere down the line, thanks for that.

Kvik

Merry Christmas to you all US GAF folks! Here's something to do while F5ing store.steampowered.com furiously:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Guardians of Middle-earth -- MB-C1CB9E0362BDC7C5 - Taken by Dsyndrome
Mirror's Edge -- MB-CF896028BB261C79
Guardians of Middle-earth Smaug's Treasure DLC -- MB-3F8B0A1DC372953F
Gotham City Impostors- Professional Kit -- MB-C5E915990EE2D182 - Taken by electroflame
The Lord of the Rings Online- Steely Dawn Starter Pack -- MB-8A0C85D86927D167

t1388022551z1.png

I managed to get DX HR Director's cut into my cart.. and Steam died again before I can checkout :-\

Dr.Acula

Banned

That made me LOL.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I use my sisters kind offer to buy me any game I want on Steam to get games for a giveaway I am doing for you guys on New Years.

What have I become!?

Grief.exe

Need to find some antibiotics for my DayZ character.

I'm full on food and ammo, but I need to go to a town with a hospital and clear up my sickness. Then I'll head down and drop a new spawn some ammo and a pistol.

I wonder how many people made an account today to get L4D2. I made mine when Portal 1 went free, and that day Steam was getting hammered hard.

Curious_George

Neo Member
They should have just made L4D2 like 25¢. I bet the load would be half of what it is now. So many people grabbing it now because it's free probably will never put any time in it anyway.

Is this a DDoS or are we to assume people are making bot accounts to get the free L4D2?

I've never saw Steam in this much of a disarray when it comes to network stability, is it always like this during free games for sales?

Lain

I napped a couple hours and came back to 30 pages of this thread to read, a dead Steam store, and an alpha key for Grim Dawn. A mix of good and bad, all in all.

The_Monk

Need to find some antibiotics for my DayZ character.

I'm full on food and ammo, but I need to go to a town with a hospital and clear up my sickness. Then I'll head down and drop a new spawn some ammo and a pistol.

And this is why I'm just going to find someone streaming this game right now, put it in full screen and put my hands on my keyboard in order to believe I'm actually playing.

Miker

Did Steam go down for this long when Portal went free during the holiday sales that one year? I'm gonna guess no, because Steam wasn't as big then, but I don't remember.

Sianos

They should have just made L4D2 like 25¢. I bet the load would be half of what it is now. So many people grabbing it now because it's free probably will never put any time in it anyway.
I bought it for $5 and never played it, just imagine how little those who didn't pay anything will play it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom