• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
the bio infinite dlc is pretty cool but the game got 10x better when I dialed it back to normal from hard

combat just isn't fun in hard mode

The raffle is over, congrats to the winners!

Arthea claimed your XCOM: Enemy Unknown key. There were 58 entrants.
kevin1025 claimed your Brothers key. There were 130 entrants.
Handsomejan claimed your Binary Domain key. There were 50 entrants.
DorianD claimed your Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition key. There were 13 entrants.
xJavonta claimed your Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition key. There were 27 entrants.

Hope you had / are having a great Christmas !

I can get to the store page for King of Fighters but it times out when I add it to cart. If I refresh the timed out cart page, I get an empty cart. There's like two hours left for this flash deal that I cannot buy even though I badly want to.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
For you : Far Cry 3 BD.
The best giveaway, I think, will be Sleeping Dogs.
FC3: Blood Dragon if you like 80s cartoon/movies and FPS genre in general.
Unless you love love love Dirt and have like a wheel or an Occulus rift or something, go for Blood Dragon.
FC3:BD isn't bad, and can be pretty enjoyable if you consume '80s references like a madman. If you've played the regular FC3 and loved it, BD is arguably is a big step down since so many elements are removed. For me, it got repetitive very quickly.
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, that's what I would choose, it's a fun FPS

Dammit, Thanks for the advice, but I just checked and Farcry 3: BD is uplay not steam (the same on Amazon). Why? I don't know...hmm what to do now? :/

If Dirt 3 is Steam, I'll buy it from you for $5 and you can use that $5 to get Blood Dragon on Amazon.

Yes, Dirt 3 is a Steam copy.

btw, I'll keep an eyeon your Hitman giveaway, if you run a modbot giveaway obviously

I'm pretty sure I already have a spare key but a warning, it has nothing to do with the previous entries into the series except the main protagonist staring in all of them. The stealth is damaged by the fact that the AI is completely broken. In addition the game is the prime rebuttal to anyone who makes the argument that magic abilities intended to simplify difficulty for the mainstream is obviated because the developers give an option to play the game without. The game mechanics and encounters are built around the assumption that the player will have the abilities available to them.

I'm curious about Sleeping Dogs, personally.

Thematically and gameplay wise, it's a videogame representing the major Hong Kong Martial Arts movies made over the years. So the major focus is on hand to hand combat. There is a bit of gun play, but guns are implemented as single use items rather than equipment that you carry around for the rest of the game.

It's a hugely underrated game that managed to pass under every ones radar.

i59XSBatTdC0B.gif

ibsStGo6I00fKh.gif

if9VAGXL1Yotv.gif

iWpkspOBezPer.gif

untitled-110aru05.gif

MNC

What are people flipping out at BL2 GOTY for, I mean that's just a good sale price right? No pricing error?

yuraya

So nice of them to give L4D2 away for free. I've had that game on my wishlist for some time but never bothered to pick it up. Hoping its good.

Thumbs up to Gabe

See the store is down. Thought all my in-laws were stealing my bandwidth so I kicked them off the Wi-Fi. Maybe I'll let them stew a little bit longer :)

rockx4

So nice of them to give L4D2 away for free. I've had that game on my wishlist for some time but never bothered to pick it up. Hoping its good.

Thumbs up to Gabe

I already have the game and the store won't load, but is the game actually free?

Why why why why why why why did they have to do this Left 4 Dead giveaway-pre-amble-to-the-game-going-free-to-play during the fucking Steam Winter sale!? This is so stupid and it has to be costing them so much money.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I wonder if at any time before they implemented the 'Free Game On Christmas' plan someone said 'What could possibly go wrong?'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom