• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unicorn

Man, Castlevania is going to take a day to download. Fuck my old-ass DSL nets.
LLShC.gif

Myshkin

I would see people build a bridge or a new road and I though they were crazy, the just don't understand, they don't understand. Why make new things? It's just useless.

Remember folks, when the big one drops, you don't need to close your eyes, just hide behind a windshield.

(Also. Love that gif. It's like he's banging on those bongos like chimpanzee (or at least playing with an accent).)

It worked guys, got BL2 GOTY for 15$, my god, INSANE deal
And, to think, that insane deal was on Steam for 7 hours.

Nabs

Since Steam has been down today I decided to FINALLY play Brothers, since I heard pretty much from everyone that it's easily one of the best games they ever played, GOTY contender and after hearing the Giant Bomb Podcast GOTY debates....

...What a waste of my time. I really tried to like it, and I think the last part of the game actually is ok, but no where near game of the year or even really worth mentioning besides the controls are different than normal. Maybe it's because I don't have a brother in real life, maybe because I haven't had my mom die by drowning, but this game is very very bland and the besides two cool moments in the entire game, one in the last part of the game, and the second in the last 5 mins of gameplay, I can say that I'm extremely disappointing by this game and wish I had that 2 hours of my life back.

Again, maybe its just me, but if anyone is on the fence about it, wait till its on sale, and make sure you have realistic expectations for this game, because after hearing multiple people say "its the best game I've ever played in my life" I no longer value their opinion . Anyways, enough of my rant, I'm going to try and finish Zelda a link between worlds and wait for steam to come back to life

Welcome to the family. Now go watch the Totalbiscuit WTF for a good laugh.

Hawkie

And this is why I'm just going to find someone streaming this game right now, put it in full screen and put my hands on my keyboard in order to believe I'm actually playing.

Sacriel is the best DayZ streamer buddy if you want organised squad play. He was great even back in the early mod days and really knows his stuff.

Since Steam has been down today I decided to FINALLY play Brothers, since I heard pretty much from everyone that it's easily one of the best games they ever played, GOTY contender and after hearing the Giant Bomb Podcast GOTY debates....

...What a waste of my time. I really tried to like it, and I think the last part of the game actually is ok, but no where near game of the year or even really worth mentioning besides the controls are different than normal. Maybe it's because I don't have a brother in real life, maybe because I haven't had my mom die by drowning, but this game is very very bland and the besides two cool moments in the entire game, one in the last part of the game, and the second in the last 5 mins of gameplay, I can say that I'm extremely disappointing by this game and wish I had that 2 hours of my life back.

Again, maybe its just me, but if anyone is on the fence about it, wait till its on sale, and make sure you have realistic expectations for this game, because after hearing multiple people say "its the best game I've ever played in my life" I no longer value their opinion . Anyways, enough of my rant, I'm going to try and finish Zelda a link between worlds and wait for steam to come back to life

Whoa, I thought I was alone on this one. I didn't like the game at all.

Is just one of those artsy fartsy games that get praise for being different. I'm not even a "omg I love cinematic experiences and set piece moments" kinda guy, but I will never get the praise for games like Brothers, Limbo and Braid.

Long live Hotline Miami.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
So, you're trusting a guy called TheMadMan? :p

Personally, I enjoyed Brothers a lot. The gameplay is simple, yet it was emotionally a really good experience.

It didn't look like something that'd resonate with me in the first place, but I have been swayed by forum hype before. I think it's the characters themselves that are putting me off from the game.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hawkie said:
Sacriel is the best DayZ streamer buddy if you want organised squad play. He was great even back in the early mod days and really knows his stuff.

Even then, he could just find a low player population server to mess about in. It's what I'm doing to avoid "bandits" and stuff while I try to get to grips with the game.
And because I don't really like PvP unless it's a FPS designed for it.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
ARRRRRRRRRRRGGHHHHHHH.

Why won't GetGamesGo take my Visa debit card?!?

Turfster

Whoa, I thought I was alone on this one. I didn't like the game at all.

Is just one of those artsy fartsy games that get praise for being different. I'm not even a "omg I love cinematic experiences and set piece moments" kinda guy, but I will never get the praise for games like Brothers, Limbo and Braid.

Long live Hotline Miami.

You kids of the psycho generation scare me!
Also, Brothers, Limbo and Braid all do totally different things, so I don't really think you can just lump them all together...

Dr.Acula

Banned
so steam is down but whats going on with left 4 dead? pricing error? can someone fill me in?

L4D2 is free on Steam today.

I don't get it, because I thought Steam's DL servers were different, and also that they used a torrent like protocol where users share bandwidth in a decentralized manner.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Hi Guys,

I missed the daily sale on the skyrim DLC...will I get another chance?

Skyrim is has been in the re-cap sales every single year since release, so I'm betting yes.

Turfster

I don't get it, because I thought Steam's DL servers were different, and also that they used a torrent like protocol where users share bandwidth in a decentralized manner.

Downloads are working fine, it's just the crap archaic website they really should get rid of for the client that's dying like it's the time of the black plague.

Hawkie

Even then, he could just find a low player population server to mess about in. It's what I'm doing to avoid "bandits" and stuff while I try to get to grips with the game.
And because I don't really like PvP unless it's a FPS designed for it.

Yep you could quite easily get ambushed and then robbed by a somewhat experienced squad as the beginner routes are generally known.

jediyoshi

By "Steam", people are referring to the website right now. You can still log in, download, use community features, etc.

noise36

wait what, skyrim dlc was discounted?

seems to have just come up again in a daily deal.

cheaper to rebuy the game + DLC in the legendary edition at $16.99 than to buy the DLC if you already have the game.

steam page isnt really loading though so havnt been able to buy it yet.

so steam is down but whats going on with left 4 dead? pricing error? can someone fill me in?

They thought a free game on Christmas Day would be great for business, plus L4D2 was already on sale free on Linux for the weekend, so they thought this would be a good segway into that.

They did this on Christmas Day, when they know free game sales nearly take the site down all the time. They did this in the middle of their big Winter Sale, which always gets a lot of traffic. Shockingly, the combination of these things has taken the site down for hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom