• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pahamrick

There is a Demo for Ys Origin for those who want to try it. Also,

sfbv.jpg

GAF, please stop recommending shit with such confidence. I'm getting frustrated adding shit to my cart.

Mark of the Ninja DLC was short, but sweet. Its nice that the new stuff can be used in the original missions though.

gnomed

Hey gnomed, you won the Don't Starve I gave away via ModBot yesterday. It looks like you traded that key to a Russian who is now on my friend's list. If that's the case, that's really not cool.

Hah no. That's my account. Thanks for the game though.

Levyne

Banned
For anyone actually planning on playing Origin, I suggest people start with Yunica and not Hugo. Hugo is an interesting character but just simply wasn't as fun to play.

Grief.exe

There is a Demo for Ys Origin for those who want to try it. Also,

sfbv.jpg

GAF, please stop recommending shit with such confidence. I'm getting frustrated adding shit to my cart.

Origin, I & II, Noire, and Castelvania can honestly go.

For the Ys games, try out Oath and see if you are ready for Origin. I & II haven't aged as well.

You are better off playing Sleeping Dogs for an open world game, and Noire isn't a great port.

Castlevania is really hit or miss, never a straight on recommend.

Don't Starve, Mark of the Ninja, and Oath are very solid recommends though. I just saved you an extreme amount of money.

Sorry for another noob question but if I buy something for myself can I put it into my inventory or do I have to select buying it as a gift and then put it in my inventory?

Origin, I & II, Noire, and Castelvania can honestly go.

For the Ys games, try out Oath and see if you are ready for Origin. I & II haven't aged as well.

You are better off playing Sleeping Dogs for an open world game, and Noire isn't a great port.

Castlevania is really hit or miss, never a straight on recommend.

Don't Starve, Mark of the Ninja, and Oath are very solid recommends though. I just saved you an extreme amount of money.

Savin me money. Thanks, Grief!

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
MoTN's DLC for one euro?!
Yeah, i'll buy it for a buck. Been on my wishlist for a while.

I have no idea how so many people say they completed Castle of Illusion within two hours. Every level, except for the bosses, take me around twenty minutes. Really fun, charming game. Richard McGonagle's narration is brilliant.

Played an hour from The Bard's Tale as well, thanks to ZeroCoin. Don't really know what to think of it yet, the humor more often then not falls flat instead of hitting me in the lamey-o's. Maybe i'm not in the mood. The beer song was pretty awesome, though.

The_Monk

... I'm budgeting really hard and it's so embarrassing to be gifting a couple of DLC's for someone who had them on their wishlists. I wish I could give more. :(

NIN90

Don't trust grief. Origins is by far the best Ys game imo. Just way less bullshit.

I wish I had the PS skills to shop Grief's avatar into that Memento pic.

I loved Company of Heroes, but I think I'll wait for the inevitable GOTY edition with the DLC to get the 2nd one.

Fingers crossed for a deeper Desktop Dungeons sale. Otherwise, I might just plunk down on Starbound and call it a day.

Valkrai

I thought the story was okay despite never beating it. The world itself is kind of boring outside of the random events/crimes that take place which you can investigate

I was interested in it because I was really into the setting. The game has little to no purpose for exploration (outside of completion), story is ok despite some disappointing parts.

The game is best if you get it for $5, wouldn't recommend it otherwise.

Macmanus

Why did we go from no XComs to a bunch of XComs in a year?

I feel like I'm the only one in the thread that doesn't care for Ys series lol.

I couldn't care less about it. JRPG aesthetics don't appeal to me (specifically anime.) But I voted for it since I knew GAF would want it.

Sullichin

Caved and bought Enemy Within
Thinking about getting the LL season pass. It doesn't have the ranger mode right? I still can't believe that hard mode is a fucking paid DLC in that game.

NIN90

I dunno. I just think the straight forward dungeon crawling is a much better fit for Ys than the overworld structure of Oath.

Dec

I never said Origin was bad by any means, I just remember people saying to stat on Oath first.

Not sure why, maybe you can enlighten me.

It released on Steam before Origin, so I'm sure a lot of the people doing the recommended started with it.

For myself though it's mostly because I liked that there was more diversity in the areas, and the structure of the game (town full of people, with areas surrounding it, rather than climbing a tower).

I couldn't care less about it. JRPG aesthetics don't appeal to me (specifically anime.) But I voted for it since I knew GAF would want it.

I'm the same way, but games with great mechanics are always something I want to play, and that's Ys.

Copons

I don't remember, but Sonic Racing Transformed has been a deal during these sales, and in this case, the Sonic Hits Collection price dropped accordingly? (isthereanydeal is working like shit to me right now :( )

Is there no way to revise the pricing of an item you have listed on the market other than removing it and relisting it? Trying to lower the price of my holiday cards before the market crashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom