• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kakashi08

I've played half-life games, but never purchased it here on steam. I don't even remember where I played them, But the "deathmatch" the multiplayer one, that's online? and is there any online community on those games, or is that dead.

Brick

So, seems there a bit of a back and for regarding the play order for Ys 1&2, Oath, and Origins. If I'm not going to play Ys 1&2 (a bit too old school for me), what order should I play the other two in? Never played a Ys game before.

Peff

So, seems there a bit of a back and for regarding the play order for Ys 1&2, Oath, and Origins. If I'm not going to play Ys 1&2 (a bit too old school for me), what order should I play the other two in? Never played a Ys game before.

If you're not going to play 1/2 just toss a coin.

Volcynika

Felghana is a bit more basic in the sense of characters (just Adol) while Origin has multiple characters to pick from (with slightly differing bosses here and there). Felghana would be my vote for first to play.

Benedict

Regarding the Humble Store:

You didn’t think the Humble Store Winter Sale was 100% over, did you? In case you missed a deal, we’re extending the sale for a whole 72 hours Introducing the Humble Store Winter Sale Review, where we bring back the bestselling titles from the Winter Sale at great discounts!

Check out these awesome deals:

Europa Universalis IV - Special 75% discount lasts only 24 hours, grab it quick!
Gone Home - 66% off
Dust: An Elysian Tail - 75% off
Shadow Warrior - 75% off
Guacamelee! Gold Edition - 75% off
Monaco: What’s Yours Is Mine - 80% off
Papers, Please - 50% off
and loads more!
The Humble Store Winter Sale Review is now live and will run for 72 hours, ending on Friday, January 3 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time. Don’t let these deals slip away a second time!

Source: Humble Blog

Grief.exe

Oath is generally the recommended starting point.

hohoXD123

STOP! GIVEAWAY TIME!
Another member on here had a pretty good idea for a giveaway so I hope he doesn't mind me stealing it ;) I am giving away Papers, Please. To enter, add me to your friends list, profile is below, and send me a PM on here with your steam name as the subject, if you don't send the PM, you won't be eligible. You must have Papers, Please in your wishlist and it must have been added before today. In a few hours I'll pick one of you at random and gift you the game. Good luck.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006636576/

Hakkuei

I couldn't care less about it. JRPG aesthetics don't appeal to me (specifically anime.) But I voted for it since I knew GAF would want it.
Ys is all about that furious combat and awesome boss fights, the rest doesn't matter.

Edit: Reposting the image Sgt.Pepper posted because it's so true
ibnrmXZwX10uNn.jpg

Sianos

Rogue Legacy returns, huzzah!

What an appropriate price for such an evil game.

Our crew of three beat it for the first time last night: what a rush!

If you're having trouble, try focusing on unlocking characters first. The stats log tells you what you must do: I'm sure you'll find one that suits your playstyle.

Santiako

I've only played Ys Origins and thought it was fantastic. It's all dungeons, awesome music, super fast paced action, two characters to choose from, awesome music, no bullshit, amazing bosses and awesome music.

- J - D -

kakashi08

Ys I & II Chronicles+

What platform are they ported from? and will you be playing this with a keyboard or will the 360 controller work?
I haven't played these type of games in along time, I loved Golden Sun and games like those but after I got into FPS games, haven't played a game like this in a while. I'm thinking about getting it.

Kadin

Do you guys also put everything you buy into your inventory first in the off chance you don't end up playing it or is it just me?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Do you guys also put everything you buy into your inventory first in the off chance you don't end up playing it or is it just me?

what is this playing you speak of?

The_Monk

did you like the first game?

I tried the first one on the PS3 back in the day when I had the console and it was great fun! I guess it must be better on PC. I also managed to play a bit of Grid 2 on my friend's PS3 and really liked too. I'll play a bit on PC since a GAFfer told me that it looks great on PC (and 60 FPS must feel nice). Trying out in 2 minutes, demo is only 2GB!

Eusis

I have zero problem going back and enjoying older games for what they are.

Its just different ideologies, at play here. You can do your way and be perfectly fine, or you can get your feet wet with one of the better entries in the series and see if you are hungry for more.
If the series really clicks, then you can go back and enjoy the other entries just fine.

I would suggest at a minimum to get Oath in Felghana, then if you like it go through Ys I & II THEN go into Ys Origin. Ys I & II may not have aged too well and aren't the best representative for the series (though Ys Seven and Celceta are notably different from VI/Felghana/Origin), but they didn't age in the same way something like Ultima did: the games are simple to play to a fault with the bigger issues being difficulty (which depending on your stance is a pro anyway) and aimless direction at times, and both are easily addressed: the games have difficulty settings, and there's guides online for when you get stuck and don't know what to do. The PSP version even included a small guide to get through Ys I, so it's not really a big deal to consult a guide.

Grief.exe

New DayZ patch, looks like you only spawn on the Eastern coast now.

New:

Design: Balancing of player spawns (ongoing)
Server: Enhanced Server-side security & customization options
Design: .357 Magnum Speedloader should now spawn
Server: First Person only servers are now supported (Seperate Hive coming later on)

Fixed:

Design: Player corpses should no longer despawn upon disconnect
Server: Respawning should now function properly - in some cases you may have to wait a few seconds. (during high death/respawn times)
Design: 357 Magnum spawning fixed

cicero

... I'm budgeting really hard and it's so embarrassing to be gifting a couple of DLC's for someone who had them on their wishlists. I wish I could give more. :(
Don't even think this, monk. It doesn't matter that it was small, it was a thoughtful generous gift. Thank you again for Mark of the Ninja: Special Edition DLC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom