• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireblend

Banned
Hey all! Just a quick post to wish you all a wonderful 2014, lots of Steam games, tons of time to play them all (heh who am I kidding) and cool stuff irl as well :D

Happy new year! And to all of SteamGAF as well, one of the best subcommunities here for sure :D it's a pleasure to enjoy the general and sale threads with you all. May 2014 bring even further indie and AAA awesomeness to the PC master race.

Lain

Reposting the giveaway as it's getting near the half way mark and I'm not sure if I'll be at the computer later.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Long Live The Queen -- MB-2C5337EC98D69A5D

Long Live The Queen #2 -- MB-CA51B1D793CDD3B1

Long Live The Queen #3 -- MB-16DC47E12B3A3A99

Long Live The Queen #4 -- MB-EB11419F82A6F65F

The Bridge -- MB-E659C47E368B6D69

Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-0C59DD5419A8F2D9

t1388568554z1.png

gnomed

Plot twist!
But seriously, did you actually sell it on?

No, I just left it in my inventory that's what I usually do when I get new games. I didn't even know I won, I always miss the pm highlight on the top. In fact, I wasn't aware there was a mini witchhunt until I was informed with a link.

M09482

Neo Member
So far during the sales I've only picked up 2 games:

Left 4 Dead 2
Super Hexagon

Is anyone else finding it hard to justify spending money on games knowing that sooner or later it is likely to turn up in a game bundle, especially when .I have a massive backlog of games I picked up during the Summer Sale, which I haven't even played yet?

fozzy

Just picked up Outlast for £5, I can play for 5 mins then I have to psyche myself up to play it again, definitely the scariest game I've played to date and its just the beginning.

That sounds horrendous. Still trying to get through Gone Home. Can only play when the GF is home. And when it's sunny. And the birds are singing.

So pathetic.

Danj

Reposting the giveaway as it's getting near the half way mark and I'm not sure if I'll be at the computer later.

I finally managed to get my first victory in Long Live the Queen today! Took a lot of planning and even then it seemed like there were places where I'd screwed up.

Turfster

I guess you were one of the ones that were duped into playing every single god of war game and the genre has nothing left to offer you.

The genre still has things to offer. Castlespainia isn't it, though.
Every time people say it's good, they start with "Yeah, it starts of bad, but once you get to chapter X(where X>3), it becomes great".
That's not a good game. Also, the first couple of chapters are really fucking horribad on all fronts.

hohoXD123

No, I just left it in my inventory that's what I usually do when I get new games. I didn't even know I won, I always miss the pm highlight on the top. In fact, I wasn't aware there was a mini witchhunt until I was informed with a link.

Oh right, fair enough then. Think you should buy everyone in this thread whatever they want to build your rep back up. Just a suggestion ;)

Just picked up Outlast for £5, I can play for 5 mins then I have to psyche myself up to play it again, definitely the scariest game I've played to date and its just the beginning.

Have it loaded up on my computer, can't wait until I have time to play it. Turn the light off, headphones on, full volume, ah yes.

Grief.exe

Wouldn't you have had to activate the key from the PM?

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Just chiming in to encourage all those fence sitters to jump on the Ys deal. It's a difficult series but I'm having fun playing through them regardless!

legacyzero

Banned
New DayZ patch, looks like you only spawn on the Eastern coast now.

New:

Design: Balancing of player spawns (ongoing)
Server: Enhanced Server-side security & customization options
Design: .357 Magnum Speedloader should now spawn
Server: First Person only servers are now supported (Seperate Hive coming later on)

Fixed:

Design: Player corpses should no longer despawn upon disconnect
Server: Respawning should now function properly - in some cases you may have to wait a few seconds. (during high death/respawn times)
Design: 357 Magnum spawning fixed

Whats with the obcession with spawning on the coast? Why can't I just spawn somewhere in the world randomly? That would be way more awesome. And it WORKS, too. NETHER does it that way, and it's pretty awesome.

Yes I do. But to be fair my imagination runs away with itself. Hearing random creeks and footsteps upstairs freak me out.

The feeling of playing an fps with no weapon gets to me.

Sorry to disappoint guys.

I felt the same way. Gone Home has an amazing atmosphere! I did get what was going on. Its like Seven Pounds. Amazing but you catch on pretty quick to most of it.

Momentary

Banned
Rogue Legacy returns, huzzah!

Our crew of three beat it for the first time last night: what a rush!

If you're having trouble, try focusing on unlocking characters first. The stats log tells you what you must do: I'm sure you'll find one that suits your playstyle.

I beat it on Monsoon already with the Merc. I got very lucky with item drops but I spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to get lucky. I wanted to bite a chunk out of my laptop because of my frustration.

gnomed

Wouldn't you have had to activate the key from the PM?
Nope, I clicked add to inventory.

Oh right, fair enough then. Think you should buy everyone in this thread whatever they want to build your rep back up. Just a suggestion ;)

I was trying last night, but never received any PMs back from modbot. Was also planning to give away a humble bundle today, but have still not gotten a email from support. I'm a little salty about the whole ordeal now.

Grief.exe

Whats with the obcession with spawning on the coast? Why can't I just spawn somewhere in the world randomly? That would be way more awesome. And it WORKS, too. NETHER does it that way, and it's pretty awesome.

Just to keep everyone on the same playing field and a place to go for player interaction.

The reason they moved all the spawns to the East Coast is the people who spawned in the SW had an advantage of being near an easily accessible military base.

bonesquad

Oh man. I knew Rogue Legacy would return either on Humble or Steam. So tempting after I found out I quite enjoyed Spelunky... But I don't have time for all these Steam games, let alone PS4/XB1/iOS. What am I doing???

I'm so tempted by Prison Architect despite it being early access.
I've played a bunch of other alphas and betas and PA is probably one of the best in terms of substantial updates and in feeling like a complete game rather than a playable concept like some betas.

denx

So y'all voted for Ys right? You're good people.

Problem is I'm short on one dollar to buy all the Ys games, and I don't think I have enough time to make that dollar in cards sales before I go out for New Year. Mmmph.

Btw, Happy New Year time travelers from the future! :)

gabbo

Oh man. I knew Rogue Legacy would return either on Humble or Steam. So tempting after I found out I quite enjoyed Spelunky... But I don't have time for all these Steam games, let alone PS4/XB1/iOS. What am I doing???

Sell the consoles, use the moneys for steam sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom