• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Found this neat little script for greasemonkey/desura. It scans your Desura account for games that have Steam keys attached.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/183445

http://www.desura.com/collection

kN3HVgvFVjSy9tbcHm7aXxfAsBxJAdfNNAB4myLBh-HGqzMpmgCS7kyjNOZEN-L_R2cXc_zXTF4

There you go GAF!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gorky 17 -- MB-C12CA750A50929B7 - Taken by Reg. 1 entrants total.
Enclave -- MB-F0B5B394B3946551 - Taken by gabbo. 3 entrants total.
Two Worlds II -- MB-40C59DD7258A7FE8 - Taken by Rand6. 9 entrants total.

t1388524861z1.png

Whoever wins Two Worlds, PM me for the DLC.

XCOM worth the tenner? If one had hypothetically found some money in his couch.

How does 100+ hours of fun gameplay [at least, given multiple playthroughs] sound?

There's a demo on the Store. It gives a very small glimpse of what you would be letting yourself in for. That is only a tiniest fraction of the awesome that would await you though.

tl;dr: DOOOOO EEEETTTT!!!!!!!

Prophane33

If anyone is on the fence about Grid 2, pick up the first Grid instead. It is superior in every way, sadly, and a lot cheaper. In 2 they took out cockpit view, cars handle more arcadey, tracks are better...nearly everything feels like a step back. I don't know anything about the multiplayer in either game, as I don't mess around with games online, but if that's a major thing for you (as I know it is for some people) then you'll have to go with 2, because 1 afaik doesn't work online anymore (not 100% certain). If you've played neither game, seriously play 1 because it's just fantastic.

Tellaerin

How does 100+ hours of fun gameplay [at least, given multiple playthroughs] sound?

There's a demo on the Store. It gives a very small glimpse of what you would be letting yourself in for. That is only a tiniest fraction of the awesome that would await you though.

tl;dr: DOOOOO EEEETTTT!!!!!!!

I really need to get back to XCOM soon. I named my squaddies after a bunch of guys I hang out with IRL (most of whom are gamers themselves) and tried to customize them to match. They got a kick out of hearing about "their" exploits in-game (and in one case, how one of them met his unfortunate end while taking cover behind a car that went up in a fireball. I didn't know about cars then. >.> )

Zeliard

Yes. GOTY of 2012.

If you're going to buy XCOM: EU and you're at all able, I'd highly recommend also getting the Enemy Within expansion. It includes some great, meaty additions to the core game without sacrificing any of its appeal.

I think it effectively renders Enemy Unknown by itself pretty obsolete, though you'll still have the option on boot-up of playing the core EU first if you choose to.

Ultimately, you get to punch Chrysalids and Mutons in the face with a cyborg mech and smash them in one hit, which is really the only selling point EW needs.

This is an amazing deal. Jump on this, people.

dot

I will gift anyone a steam game of their choice worth $5 or less if they can guess my favorite fruit.

I wanted to gift my new steam friends something but all the wishlisted games that they have are all so expensive. I'm poor peoples :((

RS4-

I will gift anyone a steam game of their choice worth $5 or less if they can guess my favorite fruit.

I wanted to gift my new steam friends something but all the wishlisted games that they have are all so expensive. I'm poor peoples :((

Durian

hohoXD123

Dragon fruit.

If it's not your favourite fruit already, it will be now. Checkmate.

Zeliard

kiwi

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon

Banana.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

Pineapple.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Found this neat little script for greasemonkey/desura. It scans your Desura account for games that have Steam keys attached.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/183445

http://www.desura.com/collection

Weird, I added the Chrome version (http://www.steamgifts.com/forum/9iLD0/desura-collection-key-scrapper-script-v10-released) but the button doesn't show up on my desura page.

Edit: Nevermind, all I needed was TemperMonkey extension and it works. I really hope he's not stealing all my keys? :D

Gonna say pineapples.

Arthea

cherry

The_Monk

Oranges? :p

EDIT: Beat by an FBI Agent!

Radio

Tomato

gnomed

I got my arse handed to me in XCOM just now [and not in a good way!] :/

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/504700725708769363/B82FA392DB85E3A5010D2F28A404D16871689237/

Oh well, I was seriously thinking of completely restarting with a fresh playthrough as I wasn't happy how I had been progressing with my strategy. Now I'm back in the groove with the game again I should fare better if I restart.

Perhaps.

Not for me and I have no reason to disbelieve what you said to me in PM.

I do that all the time.

As far as I'm concerned it was an unfortunate misunderstanding and hope we can all put it behind us and get back to normal.

Thanks woo, you were the one that informed me. Yes, let's move on. If anything it's motivated me to more vocal and to participate more in the community, lurking mostly. I'll just whoop Gaf's asses when the SFIV update releases eventually, trying not to install any of my games with gfwl (sorry, Dark Souls).

Tellaerin

Bananas?

EDIT: Wow, that was quick. XD

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
H95GyOB.png

Finally went through the last couple of stages + the Hobo King DLC. Cute game, there's not much to the gameplay but imo there's enough charm in the story and the art direction to keep you going and wanting to see all the dolls and their actions. I'd recommend spacing out each stage so it doesn't get old, I ended up stopping a while ago at the start of the
Zeppelin
because I got bored and only went back to it now. Glad I did though, there's a lot of clever writing and some lines that actually made me laugh out loud. The scatologic gags didn't bother me, even though I usually don't like this style of joke. Actually, the
fart + candle explosion at the end followed by Charlie escaping in slow motion
was fucking hilarious.

fozzy

Dragon fruit?

Edit: beaten Smaug style

Sini

Potato

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom