• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Is Ys Chronicles any good? What's it like? Old school JRPG, tactics, somesuch? I need to hear opinions before I drop 374 pennies on that bad boy ok.

No, it's as ARPG as you can find. And buy it!

It's on sale, but I was hoping for the same discount as the steam lightning deal during the Fall sale. Did they recently do a lightning deal on Steam?

I don't think they did, at least I can't remember, it was daily or flash at summer sale though, again if I remember correctly.

Zafir

unless you bank forbids it (dunno what card you have), you don't need to use paypal currency conversion if you choose so, instead you are charged in currency you are buying and your bank converts it. My bank takes fee which isn't that small in some cases, still better than paypal offers.
I didn't realise paypal had the option to turn the conversion off honestly. My banks conversion rate is better which is why I went with Amazon payments, I'd have chosen paypal had I have known you can just turn the conversion off through that. Eitherway, I've never had Amazon Payments want to manually process anything despite ordering from Amazon UK/Amazon US and sending payments using it through Kickstarter.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I hope your guesses win you Bad Rats.

hFVXdIq.gif

cicero

Since "stop guessing" was called a few pages back, are you clowns going to keep guessing fruit into the new thread?

I would have been a traitor to the greatest and most healthy beneficial on the go fruit choice of all time (Fig Newtons) had I not mentioned the might FIG.

hohoXD123

15 minutes left. Send those friend requests.
Forever alone.

STOP! GIVEAWAY TIME!
Another member on here had a pretty good idea for a giveaway so I hope he doesn't mind me stealing it ;) I am giving away Papers, Please. To enter, add me to your friends list, profile is below, and send me a PM on here with your steam name as the subject, if you don't send the PM, you won't be eligible. You must have Papers, Please in your wishlist and it must have been added before today. In a few hours I'll pick one of you at random and gift you the game. Good luck.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006636576/

xBlain

I will gift anyone a steam game of their choice worth $5 or less if they can guess my favorite fruit.

I wanted to gift my new steam friends something but all the wishlisted games that they have are all so expensive. I'm poor peoples :((

Banana's?(I wished it was banana's..)

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I still need help with this. Xenoflux is on the lookout, but I'm about to head off and if my PC decides to bugger up I'll miss the Steam messages. If you can help, then just PM me and I'll get back to you later (it's 5:40am here). I tried my luck with the very same bloke who helped me with the German version of Max Payne 2, but was ignominiously ignored.

He probably found out you were not Saoirse.

Is Ys Chronicles any good? What's it like? Old school JRPG, tactics, somesuch? I need to hear opinions before I drop 374 pennies on that bad boy ok.

I'm totally new to Ys and played a few hours in Ys 1, it's rather old skool in terms of RPG stylings, but I'm really enjoying it so far! Has some cute little features I wasn't expecting in an RPG of it's age (and can be easily missed without a guide! make sure you have one handy, personally using This one as it tells you how to get steam achievements and warns if there's a missable event coming up )

Eusis

Kind of silly but I guess some people are like that. Its definitely worth $5 or $3 if you go in with someone
Honestly what haunted me most of all was the fact it was going to be a Plus game. Really, it needed to hit that 1.19 point to get me to buy on PC anyway as I was going to just wait on the free version that justifies the new console. Hell, I may still play it more that way anyway.
I think they're pretty good, gameplay's actually pretty simple and the games are short (especially the first one) but they can tough to figure out where to go and pretty hard at times anyway. Note too that both other Ys games on Steam are on sale for the same discount, so absolutely get Oath in Felghana whether or not you get Ys I & II, though if you want to get Ys Origin you should get Ys I & II as Ys Origin is a prequel to those best enjoyed after Ys I & II.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Son i got these.

First of get the Official Skyrim HD texture pack DLC, also get SKSE which is essential for alot of mods. Get rid of the unofficial patches they bug out the game graphically when you install these mods.

CHARACTERS

A Better body scale for Khajit and Argonian Male (khajiit & argonian body)
ApachiiSkyHair (hair)
Beards (beards)
Better makeup for SKSE (makeup)
Better males - Beautiful nudes and faces - New hairstyles (males)
Better Females (face skin)
Calientes Female Body Mod Big Bottom Edition [CBBE] (body)
CBBE skin texture V2 V3 plus Thepal and UNP compatible (body/face skin)
Coverkajits (khajiits skin)
Coverwomen (face skin)
Cute Eyes (eyes)
Enhanced Character Edit (character edit)
Envision Face (face skin)
Ethereal Elven Overhaul (Elves)
Extended Slider Colors (+colors)
Fair Skin Complexion Sweaty Body (skin)
JazzJR Argonian retexture (argonian skin)
JazzJR CoverKhajiits Bodytexture Ver1 (male khajiit skin)
JazzJR CoverKhajiits Female Bodytexture (female khajiit skin)
Mature skin texture and body (body/face skin)
Morten Hairs (hair)
Natural Eyes (eyes)
Pretty Face (face skin)
RaceMenu (racemenu)
Ran's Headmesh Variants (face mesh)
Real Girls Realistic Body Texture for UNP UNPB and SeveNBase (face & body skin)
Realistic Teeth (teeth)
SG Female Eyebrows (brows)
SG Female Textures Renewal (body/face skin)
SG Hairs (hair)
Smile in HD (teeth)
Sporty Sexy Sweat - wet body skin texture (skin)
The Eyes of Beauty (eyes)

ADD-ONS / FIXES

A Matter of Time - A HUD clock widget (HUD time)
A Quality World Map (map)
Analog of Skyrim Distant Detail (distance detail)
Better female animated faces (face animation)
Catwalk (female walk animation)
Categorized Favorites Menu (HUD)
Colored Map Markers Updated (HUD/map)
Convenient Horses (Better horse AI, mounted combat for NPCs, horse whistling and heaps of other stuff)
Combat Sound effects)
Customizable Camera (camera)
Distant Decal Fix (decals)
Footprints (footprints)
Get Snowy (snow)
Horizon Extended Sky Mesh (Sky mesh)
KenMOD - Time on loading screen (HUD)
Snow FX for ENB (snow)
Sounds of Skyrim (adds shitloads of sounds)
Player Home Map Markers (map)
Run for your lives (makes NPCs run inside or piss bolt away if there is a Dragon attacking)
Sky UI (HUD)
Status (information)
UFO Ultimate Follower Overhall (Enchanced NPC companion AI and follower commands)
Wet and Cold (immersion)

ARMOR / WEAPONS / CLOTHES

Aesir Armor (armor)
aMidianBorn Book of Silence (armors/weapons)
Arise - Chapter 1 - The Black Sacrament (armor)
Bandolier - Bags and Pouches (bags & pouches)
Blood Witch Armor (armor)
Brokefoots UNP Mashup Compilation (clothes)
Cloaks of Skyrim (cloaks)
Contractor and Mavari Armors (armors)
Dragon Knight Armor (armor)
Einherjar Armor (armor)
Elaborate Textiles - NPC Clothing Retexture (clothes)
Evil MasterMind Armor (armor)
Ghosus Weapon Pack (weapons)
Improved NPC Clothing - High Res (clothes)
Inmersive Armors (armors)
Inmersive Weapons (weapons)
Isilmeriel LOTR Weapons Collection (weapons)
JaySus Swords (weapons)
Omegared99 - Armor Compilation (weapons)
Opulent Outfits - Maids and Merchants - v7 Female Only (clothes)
Queen of the damned-Akasha Dress (clothes)
Raven witch armor and Apex Werewolf (armor)
Remodeled Armor (CBBE) (armors)
Remodeled Armor (UNP) (armors)
TERA Armor Collection - CBBE - standalone (armors)
The Art of Magicka (clothes)
The Chronicles of Steel (weapons)
Ultimate Assortment by Favoredsoul (accessories)
Winter Is Coming - Cloaks (cloaks)
Wearable Lanterns

LANDSCAPE / DUNGEONS

2K Road Snow Footprints (snow)
Alternative Smoke (smoke)
Alternative Snow (snow)
aMidianBorn Caves (dungeons)
aMidianBorn Landscape 1 (landscape textures)
aMidianBorn Whiterun (whiterun)
Beautiful Skyrim Galaxy and Nebula Pack 2k 4k and 8k (sky)
Better Landscape Textures (landscape)
Bryce Nebula - Skyrim galaxy replacer (nebula)
Crimson Tide (blood)
Detailed Rugs (rugs)
Dragon Nebula Galaxy Replacer (nebula)
Glowing Ore Veins 300 (ore veins)
Enhanced Blood Textures (blood)
Enhanced Night Skyrim (nebula/stars)
Hectrol CAVES DELUXE HighRes Retex (dungeons)
Hectrol FX RAINDROPS Deluxe HR for Natural Skyrim Rain (rain)
HD Detailed Terrain (terrain)
HD Enhanced Terrain (terrain)
HD Soul Gems (soul gems)
Improved Rock and Mountain Texture (rock/mountain)
Inside the Nebula (nebula)
Lush Grass (grass)
Lush Trees (tress)
Mosh Rocks (rocks)
Natural Skyrim Rain (rain)
Project Parallax Remastered (towns)
Pure Waters (water)
Quality Snowflakes (snowflakes)
Rainbows (rainbows)
Real Ice ALL-IN-ONE (ice)
Real Snow (snow)
Realistic Smoke & Embers (smoke & embers)
Realistic Water Two (water)
Ruins Clutter Improved (dungeons)
Silly Level of Detail - Potions & Poisons (potions & poisons)
Silly Level of Detail - Wine Cellar (bottles)
Static Mesh Improvement Mod (meshes)
SkyFalls - Animated Distant Waterfalls (distant waterfalls)
Skyrim Flora Overhaul (flowers/grass/trees)
Skyrim HD 2K (town/landscape/dungeon/misc textures)
Skyrim Lore Friendly Vanilla Nightsky Retexture 4k (sky)
Skyrim Realistic Overhaul (town/landscape/dungeon/misc textures)
Skyrim Realistic Texture Overhaul Dragonborn (town/landscape/dungeon/misc textures)
Skyrim Ultra HD Texture Pack (misc textures)
Skyrocks (rocks)
Serious HD Retexture (dungeon/landscape textures)
Superior Rock Textures (rocks)
Ultimate HD Fire Spells (fire)
Visible Windows (windows)
Water and Terrain Enhancement Redux (water)
Waves (waves)

ANIMALS / MONSTERS

Bellyaches Animal & Creature Pack (animals)
Birds of Skyrim (animals)
Pets of Skyrim (animals)

WEATHER / LIGHT

CLARALUX - More and Brighter Lights (lights)
Climates of Tamriel (weathers)
More Dynamic Shadows with Striping Fixed (light)
Realistic Lightning Overhaul (light)
Remove Interior Fog (fog)
Revamped Exterior Fog (fog)

There is couple more i am forgetting. I had a list handy that i used from someone but added my recommendations and my own mods.

Don't get Dogs of Skyrim or Better clouds you with have graphic incompatibilities with the above mods. Pets of Skyrim should give you dogs to the world anyway. The key is to get the character mods working first because thats where you will run into most of the problems. The other stuff is easy.

Well, Skyrim Modders have been busy I see.

Omega

Banned
i wanted to use my $20 amazon credit on Injustice when it goes back on sale.

Enemy Within for $10 is tempting. i get the game for free..

cicero

Well, it is a remake of two 20+ year old RPGs. Your attack consists of running into enemies at the best angle. It is quite the different gameplay mechanic to experience nowadays. I thought it was quite fun though, but playing both of them on the TurboDuo was one of my seminal gaming experiences back in the day, so my opinions really aren't too objective. If you aren't struggling for money for future purposes, I would give it a shot. If this is your first Ys game, I would stick with something a bit more modern like Origins.

Hesemonni

Banned
Heyyy,

I need something to play with my laptop when I'm travelling. Keyboard input preferred, but mouse use isn't a problem if the tempo isn't too high (trackpoint).

FTL, Spelunky, Binding of Isaac and La Mulana are some games which are getting / going to get a lot of playtime. But I need other suggestions too.

Miguel81

whoa it does? I didn't know that. I wish Falcom would get on these ports quicker, but I don't grudge them on wanting to make new stuff first. :(

It was actually the first one to release in 2003(before PS2 and PSP). It has 3d sprites/FMV according to wiki. A lot of fans seem to prefer the PC version.

mannerbot

Heyyy,

I need something to play with my laptop when I'm travelling. Keyboard input preferred, but mouse use isn't a problem if the tempo isn't too high (trackpoint).

FTL, Spelunky, Binding of Isaac and La Mulana are some games which are getting / going to get a lot of playtime. But I need other suggestions too.

Pac-Man CE DX+, SpaceChem, Desktop Dungeons?

Seagoon

Heyyy,

Pinball FX2 & Escape Goat would be my recommendations

Hawkie

I'm totally new to Ys and played a few hours in Ys 1, it's rather old skool in terms of RPG stylings, but I'm really enjoying it so far! Has some cute little features I wasn't expecting in an RPG of it's age (and can be easily missed without a guide! make sure you have one handy, personally using This one as it tells you how to get steam achievements and warns if there's a missable event coming up )

Many thanks, just about to start a playthrough so this will come in handy.

Ensure you're not forcing vsync/triple-buffering via D3DOverrider.

I forgot I had that set, but sadly it did not work. I have reinstalled this game multiple times, verified files, deleted intro videos and manually installed the directX stuff, and added
-windowed. Nothing I do is making this game work!

Heyyy,

Mark of the Ninja?

I need to post at least one Saoirse gif a day lest I dissolve.

Like the wicked witch of the west? :p

Eusis

Well, it is a remake of two 20+ year old RPGs. Your attack consists of running into enemies at the best angle. It is quite the different gameplay mechanic to experience nowadays. I thought it was quite fun though, but playing both of them on the TurboDuo was one of my seminal gaming experiences back in the day, so my opinions really aren't too objective. If you aren't struggling for money for future purposes, I would give it a shot. If this is your first Ys game, I would stick with something a bit more modern like Origins.
Story may not exactly be THE selling point for Ys games, but nevertheless the continuity stuff is why I'm advocating playing Oath in Felghana first THEN if you like it enough going to Ys I & II then Origin, you can set Ys I & II to very easy just to plow through them and get more out of Origin at worst, while Oath in Felghana's connections to Ys I & II aren't really as important, basically just that Ys I & II was Adol's first big adventure and it shows how Adol met Dogi... but Dogi was so minor in Ys I & II anyway that it doesn't really matter. Like worrying about how Batman met Commissioner Gordon or something before reading/watching/playing other Batman stuff.

Zafir

More random keys I had laying about, they should all work. Good luck!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bastion -- MB-14EDF97286618016
FTL -- MB-2BD33B8FE9B77FA0
Limbo -- MB-72CDA4697A90D51E

t1388613421z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I forgot I had that set, but sadly it did not work. I have reinstalled this game multiple times, verified files, deleted intro videos and manually installed the directX stuff, and added

Ah, bugger. I had the very same issue and eventually tracked it down to D3DO. The only other possible solution that come to mind is to kill the D3DO exe itself (although I don't think I had to go that far).

Like the wicked witch of the west? :p

Only slightly less evil. :p

Alright, I think I'm going to finally buckle and get Rust and DayZ. I know it's before the end of the sale, but realistically, they're selling too well to get a discount of any kind right now, and I kind of want them to play tomorrow.

Unless someone can persuade me they think either will get a discount, I'mma violate the cardinal rule of Steam sales.

Also, help me pick one and only one Ys game to get.

Ruze789

Damn, I forgot to get the Going East DLC for ETS2 before the price went back up! Gonna get the Mark of the Ninja extra content for sure.

Anteater

try disabling all the overlay stuff too like steam overlay and fraps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom