• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radio

Dragon fruit.

If it's not your favourite fruit already, it will be now. Checkmate.

Pitaya_cross_section_ed2.jpg

It is definitely the coolest fruit.

Prophane33

I will gift anyone a steam game of their choice worth $5 or less if they can guess my favorite fruit.

I wanted to gift my new steam friends something but all the wishlisted games that they have are all so expensive. I'm poor peoples :((

Lychee?

mmitt

I don't suppose anybody from GermanGAF is around? I need to get my hands on the German version of GTA:SA before the discount expires.

the same one which is sold at the austrian store I'd assume?

if yes I could buy it for you, if you haven't found anyone else yet

Reddit had a neat list of the "essential" Skyrim mods. I downloaded:
- Unofficial Skyrim Patch(es)
- SkyUI
- iHUD
- Bandolier
- Immersive Armors
- Pure Waters
- Enhanced Blood Textures

And BOSS and SKSE. I feel like that should keep my experience pretty vanilla but at the same time it will be nicely improved by the mods. Any input would be very welcome!

I bought Fallout New Vegas and I'm wondering if anyone here can give me a short list of essential mods.

- SkyUI
- iHUD
- Bandolier
- Immersive Armors
- Pure Waters

And BOSS and SKSE. I feel like that should keep my experience pretty vanilla but at the same time it will be nicely improved by the mods. Any input would be very welcome!

I bought Fallout New Vegas and I'm wondering if anyone here can give me a short list of essential mods.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=426315

denx

So I managed to make enough card money and bought all the Ys games. I'll try to farm and sell more cards to buy The Last Remnant, but I think I'm oficially done with this sale.

DOA

Wow, my vote for Deadpool at $10 again was ATE when they switched to Call of Duty. Doesn't even show my vote. WTF. :/

i thought it was weird they've changed the votes, i have an image where Deadpool is one of the options. i think this what happened to one of my votes, which i thought counted but suddenly i've seen that i'm missing one :(

Zafir

What's with Humble Bundles site and Amazon payments? Decided to use them for a change since Paypals conversion rates are worse than my cards and I get a message saying "The transaction has been flagged for manual investigation"... I've used that card thousands of times on Amazon.co.uk I can't see why it would be an issue now. :S

gabbo

I will gift anyone a steam game of their choice worth $5 or less if they can guess my favorite fruit.

I wanted to gift my new steam friends something but all the wishlisted games that they have are all so expensive. I'm poor peoples :((
grapefruit should be the answer.

rrs

What's with Humble Bundles site and Amazon payments? Decided to use them for a change since Paypals conversion rates are worse than my cards and I get a message saying "The transaction has been flagged for manual investigation"... I've used that card thousands of times on Amazon.co.uk I can't see why it would be an issue now. :S

American store, UK card?

Zafir

American store, UK card?
Well, yeah, but that shouldn't be an issue. I use the same card through Amazon Payments for Kickstarter, which also charges in dollars. In fact I backed the Mandate at the start of December and the payment went through fine.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...

Sandia.

Just got all the fun Feena related achievements for Ys I, love that you even get her measurements next to her level stats after, getting "Forever Level One to Me" was a pain in the butt though.

Mango is pretty awesome, I think I'm more of a cherry or melon fan though.

Yup that .99 cents is the first thing I've spent money on this sale.

Only the second thing I did this sale [for myself] :). Of course then the Monk went and gifted it to me mere seconds later :D. So I redeemed his gift and gifted my inventory copy to him. Ha!

I really need to get back to XCOM soon. I named my squaddies after a bunch of guys I hang out with IRL (most of whom are gamers themselves) and tried to customize them to match. They got a kick out of hearing about "their" exploits in-game (and in one case, how one of them met his unfortunate end while taking cover behind a car that went up in a fireball. I didn't know about cars then. >.> )

Oh I did that in Organ Trail. The_Monk kept getting himself killed though :/. Wandering off from the car for no apparent reason. He blamed Cary Grant's farts on the backseat but I think it was really what Cary Grant was getting up to with Randolph Scott on the backseat but The_Monk was too polite to say :/.

If you're going to buy XCOM: EU and you're at all able, I'd highly recommend also getting the Enemy Within expansion. It includes some great, meaty additions to the core game without sacrificing any of its appeal.

I think it effectively renders Enemy Unknown by itself pretty obsolete, though you'll still have the option on boot-up of playing the core EU first if you choose to.

Ultimately, you get to punch Chrysalids and Mutons in the face with a cyborg mech and smash them in one hit, which is really the only selling point EW needs.

This is an amazing deal. Jump on this, people.

I would argue that EW can best be enjoyed by playing EU to death first and then adding EW to the mix but one man's meat and all that :).

Thanks woo, you were the one that informed me. Yes, let's move on. If anything it's motivated me to more vocal and to participate more in the community, lurking mostly. I'll just whoop Gaf's asses when the SFIV update releases eventually, trying not to install any of my games with gfwl (sorry, Dark Souls).

Well some good has come out from it all then :).

did I miss another javadots? skimming through a couple of pages it looks like i did

No. Misunderstanding.

Arthea

unless you bank forbids it (dunno what card you have), you don't need to use paypal currency conversion if you choose so, instead you are charged in currency you are buying and your bank converts it. My bank takes fee which isn't that small in some cases, still better than paypal offers.

cicero

FIGS

Radio

- SkyUI
- iHUD
- Bandolier
- Immersive Armors
- Pure Waters

Immersive Weapons is pretty cool. It's like Immesive Armors, just adds a lot more weapons that you can find and craft. Not as important on a first playthrough, but it adds some replayability.

Also Convenient Horses. It lets you adjust the speed your horses run (and a bunch of other things). If you're not a fan of fast-travelling constantly, boost your horse's speed up to 11 and ride it everywhere.

Card Boy

Banned
- SkyUI
- iHUD
- Bandolier
- Immersive Armors
- Pure Waters

Son i got these.

First of get the Official Skyrim HD texture pack DLC, also get SKSE which is essential for alot of mods. Get rid of the unofficial patches they bug out the game graphically when you install these mods.

CHARACTERS

A Better body scale for Khajit and Argonian Male (khajiit & argonian body)
ApachiiSkyHair (hair)
Beards (beards)
Better makeup for SKSE (makeup)
Better males - Beautiful nudes and faces - New hairstyles (males)
Better Females (face skin)
Calientes Female Body Mod Big Bottom Edition [CBBE] (body)
CBBE skin texture V2 V3 plus Thepal and UNP compatible (body/face skin)
Coverkajits (khajiits skin)
Coverwomen (face skin)
Cute Eyes (eyes)
Enhanced Character Edit (character edit)
Envision Face (face skin)
Ethereal Elven Overhaul (Elves)
Extended Slider Colors (+colors)
Fair Skin Complexion Sweaty Body (skin)
JazzJR Argonian retexture (argonian skin)
JazzJR CoverKhajiits Bodytexture Ver1 (male khajiit skin)
JazzJR CoverKhajiits Female Bodytexture (female khajiit skin)
Mature skin texture and body (body/face skin)
Morten Hairs (hair)
Natural Eyes (eyes)
Pretty Face (face skin)
RaceMenu (racemenu)
Ran's Headmesh Variants (face mesh)
Real Girls Realistic Body Texture for UNP UNPB and SeveNBase (face & body skin)
Realistic Teeth (teeth)
SG Female Eyebrows (brows)
SG Female Textures Renewal (body/face skin)
SG Hairs (hair)
Smile in HD (teeth)
Sporty Sexy Sweat - wet body skin texture (skin)
The Eyes of Beauty (eyes)

ADD-ONS / FIXES

A Matter of Time - A HUD clock widget (HUD time)
A Quality World Map (map)
Analog of Skyrim Distant Detail (distance detail)
Better female animated faces (face animation)
Catwalk (female walk animation)
Categorized Favorites Menu (HUD)
Colored Map Markers Updated (HUD/map)
Convenient Horses (Better horse AI, mounted combat for NPCs, horse whistling and heaps of other stuff)
Combat Sound effects)
Customizable Camera (camera)
Distant Decal Fix (decals)
Footprints (footprints)
Get Snowy (snow)
Horizon Extended Sky Mesh (Sky mesh)
KenMOD - Time on loading screen (HUD)
Sounds of Skyrim (adds shitloads of sounds)
Player Home Map Markers (map)
Run for your lives (makes NPCs run inside or piss bolt away if there is a Dragon attacking)
Sky UI (HUD)
Status (information)
UFO Ultimate Follower Overhall (Enchanced NPC companion AI and follower commands)
Wet and Cold (immersion)

ARMOR / WEAPONS / CLOTHES

Aesir Armor (armor)
aMidianBorn Book of Silence (armors/weapons)
Arise - Chapter 1 - The Black Sacrament (armor)
Bandolier - Bags and Pouches (bags & pouches)
Blood Witch Armor (armor)
Brokefoots UNP Mashup Compilation (clothes)
Cloaks of Skyrim (cloaks)
Contractor and Mavari Armors (armors)
Dragon Knight Armor (armor)
Einherjar Armor (armor)
Elaborate Textiles - NPC Clothing Retexture (clothes)
Evil MasterMind Armor (armor)
Ghosus Weapon Pack (weapons)
Improved NPC Clothing - High Res (clothes)
Inmersive Armors (armors)
Inmersive Weapons (weapons)
Isilmeriel LOTR Weapons Collection (weapons)
JaySus Swords (weapons)
Omegared99 - Armor Compilation (weapons)
Opulent Outfits - Maids and Merchants - v7 Female Only (clothes)
Queen of the damned-Akasha Dress (clothes)
Raven witch armor and Apex Werewolf (armor)
Remodeled Armor (CBBE) (armors)
Remodeled Armor (UNP) (armors)
TERA Armor Collection - CBBE - standalone (armors)
The Art of Magicka (clothes)
The Chronicles of Steel (weapons)
Ultimate Assortment by Favoredsoul (accessories)
Winter Is Coming - Cloaks (cloaks)
Wearable Lanterns

LANDSCAPE / DUNGEONS

2K Road Snow Footprints (snow)
Alternative Smoke (smoke)
Alternative Snow (snow)
aMidianBorn Caves (dungeons)
aMidianBorn Landscape 1 (landscape textures)
aMidianBorn Whiterun (whiterun)
Beautiful Skyrim Galaxy and Nebula Pack 2k 4k and 8k (sky)
Better Landscape Textures (landscape)
Bryce Nebula - Skyrim galaxy replacer (nebula)
Crimson Tide (blood)
Detailed Rugs (rugs)
Dragon Nebula Galaxy Replacer (nebula)
Glowing Ore Veins 300 (ore veins)
Enhanced Blood Textures (blood)
Enhanced Night Skyrim (nebula/stars)
Hectrol CAVES DELUXE HighRes Retex (dungeons)
Hectrol FX RAINDROPS Deluxe HR for Natural Skyrim Rain (rain)
HD Detailed Terrain (terrain)
HD Enhanced Terrain (terrain)
HD Soul Gems (soul gems)
Improved Rock and Mountain Texture (rock/mountain)
Inside the Nebula (nebula)
Lush Grass (grass)
Lush Trees (tress)
Mosh Rocks (rocks)
Natural Skyrim Rain (rain)
Project Parallax Remastered (towns)
Pure Waters (water)
Quality Snowflakes (snowflakes)
Rainbows (rainbows)
Real Ice ALL-IN-ONE (ice)
Real Snow (snow)
Realistic Smoke & Embers (smoke & embers)
Realistic Water Two (water)
Ruins Clutter Improved (dungeons)
Silly Level of Detail - Potions & Poisons (potions & poisons)
Silly Level of Detail - Wine Cellar (bottles)
Static Mesh Improvement Mod (meshes)
SkyFalls - Animated Distant Waterfalls (distant waterfalls)
Skyrim Flora Overhaul (flowers/grass/trees)
Skyrim HD 2K (town/landscape/dungeon/misc textures)
Skyrim Lore Friendly Vanilla Nightsky Retexture 4k (sky)
Skyrim Realistic Overhaul (town/landscape/dungeon/misc textures)
Skyrim Realistic Texture Overhaul Dragonborn (town/landscape/dungeon/misc textures)
Skyrim Ultra HD Texture Pack (misc textures)
Skyrocks (rocks)
Serious HD Retexture (dungeon/landscape textures)
Superior Rock Textures (rocks)
Ultimate HD Fire Spells (fire)
Visible Windows (windows)
Water and Terrain Enhancement Redux (water)
Waves (waves)

ANIMALS / MONSTERS

Bellyaches Animal & Creature Pack (animals)
Birds of Skyrim (animals)
Pets of Skyrim (animals)

WEATHER / LIGHT

CLARALUX - More and Brighter Lights (lights)
Climates of Tamriel (weathers)
More Dynamic Shadows with Striping Fixed (light)
Realistic Lightning Overhaul (light)
Remove Interior Fog (fog)
Revamped Exterior Fog (fog)

There is couple more i am forgetting. I had a list handy that i used from someone but added my recommendations and my own mods.

Don't get Dogs of Skyrim or Better clouds you with have graphic incompatibilities with the above mods. Pets of Skyrim should give you dogs to the world anyway. The key is to get the character mods working first because thats where you will run into most of the problems. The other stuff is easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom