• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013 |OT2| DIE HARD (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ptaaty

Oh man. I knew Rogue Legacy would return either on Humble or Steam. So tempting after I found out I quite enjoyed Spelunky... But I don't have time for all these Steam games, let alone PS4/XB1/iOS. What am I doing???

I have been buying a lot of the GAF recommendations, and have absolutely fallen in love with Rogue Legacy. Love it, my favorite Rogue like so far. (have but haven't really started Spelunky though)

Wookieomg

So I figure this is as good a place as any to ask... What's the current status of using DualShock 4 and Xbox One controllers on PC? I vaguely remember seeing a thread explaining how to use a DS4 on PC, but I'm not sure if the Xbox One controller is supported yet.

Grief.exe

Where was it $4? Gmg? I got it for $5 on amazon last week and that was the cheapest I had ever seen it.

Amazon, it was part of a bundle.

So I figure this is as good a place as any to ask... What's the current status of using DualShock 4 and Xbox One controllers on PC? I vaguely remember seeing a thread explaining how to use a DS4 on PC, but I'm not sure if the Xbox One controller is supported yet.

Don't know about XB1, but DS4 works perfectly with Xinput wrappers. There are even drivers for the touchpad available.

gnomed

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition -- MB-8E946198D15E5163

t1388608337z1.png

Happy New Year Gaf. But in the future before you persecute someone at least give the person a chance to answer back.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Recommendation for the scariest horror game with the highest likelihood of shitting myself and going into the foetal position for several weeks please?
It's not on Steam and is extremely hard to run on modern machines, but so far, WhiteDay: A Labyrinth Named School, a 2000 Korean horror game, is the scariest game I've ever played. But make sure to play on one of the harder difficulties, people were emailing the developers they couldn't finish the game as it was too terrifying for them so the scares are scaled to difficulty and some areas, monsters, and some possible randomized scares won't happen unless you're on higher difficulties.

hohoXD123

It's not on Steam and is extremely hard to run on modern machines, but so far, WhiteDay: A Labyrinth Named School, a 2000 Korean horror game, is the scariest game I've ever played. But make sure to play on one of the harder difficulties, people were emailing the developers they couldn't finish the game as it was too terrifying for them so the scares are scaled to difficulty and some areas, monsters, and some possible randomized scares won't happen unless you're on higher difficulties.

Thank you very much, I'll try to hunt it down. If I stop posting on this forum you'll know why.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wow, my vote for Deadpool at $10 again was ATE when they switched to Call of Duty. Doesn't even show my vote. WTF. :/

Tom_Cody

All of these end of the year awards have gotten me interest in Gone Home. It is going for $9.99 now. Can I reasonable expect it to go lower at any point in the next few weeks?

legacyzero

Banned
Just to keep everyone on the same playing field and a place to go for player interaction.

The reason they moved all the spawns to the East Coast is the people who spawned in the SW had an advantage of being near an easily accessible military base.

By "player interaction" you mean KILL ON SITE lol

TheSeks

Whats with the obcession with spawning on the coast? Why can't I just spawn somewhere in the world randomly? That would be way more awesome. And it WORKS, too. NETHER does it that way, and it's pretty awesome.

Probably to give new players like me a good "starting point" in the map.

Which actually brings up a complaint about DayZ's standalone that I forgot: I have no clue how the hell you read the map once you find it in finding out WHERE you are, if that's even possible. The map just shows the entire region but doesn't give you a hint on what city/town/forest you're in. A bit annoying.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I don't suppose anybody from GermanGAF is around? I need to get my hands on the German version of GTA:SA before the discount expires.

TheSeks

Nope, I clicked add to inventory.

I'm assuming here it was a webbased trade-gift link like Rh gave me yesterday? I think Modbot should probably disallow those (but I guess Stump does it so it's easier for the sake of the new Humble Bundle gift link system) for the sake of keys only themselves.

Maybe make the Modbot giveaway auto parse a link in those cases to where users have to still manually enter the key to where it's auto-added to their library instead of their inventory like normal gift copies.

But eh... I don't have a particular horse in this race/drama.

legacyzero

Banned

Which actually brings up a complaint about DayZ's standalone that I forgot: I have no clue how the hell you read the map once you find it in finding out WHERE you are, if that's even possible. The map just shows the entire region but doesn't give you a hint on what city/town/forest you're in. A bit annoying.

I remember in the mod (because I dont own the SA yet) that it always said the area you were in the moment you spawned in, or the moment you started the game up and logged in. Does it not do that in the SA?

hohoXD123

All of these end of the year awards have gotten me interest in Gone Home. It is going for $9.99 now. Can I reasonable expect it to go lower at any point in the next few weeks?
$6.80 in the Humble Bundle store. Honestly, just buy it. There is a chance for the deal to come back on Steam, but it may not.

Grief.exe

There will never be anything in the game that does what you want.

You need to use landmarks, mountains, and street signs to orient your position.

I remember in the mod (because I dont own the SA yet) that it always said the area you were in the moment you spawned in, or the moment you started the game up and logged in. Does it not do that in the SA?

Nope.

They have added more signs and unique buildings to compensate.

TheSeks

I have no clue since audio-based cues DO NOT WORK on me. So I guess that's another "un-disabled friendly" thing to chalk up against DayZ.

TheSeks

There will never be anything in the game that does what you want.

You need to use landmarks, mountains, and street signs to orient your position.

Well, obviously. But when I'm in a city that doesn't show wells/etc. to me on the map? How the hell am I supposed to "zero in" on the general area for myself? Seems damn near impossible for new players to actually find where in the general area they are with zombies and bandits roaming around freely.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I finally cleaned my graphics card today, though I have no way to know if it worked until I try a demanding game. Think I could try Remember Me, though I don't have much time until the new year family reunion tonigt.

I got my arse handed to me in XCOM just now [and not in a good way!] :/

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/504700725708769363/B82FA392DB85E3A5010D2F28A404D16871689237/

Oh well, I was seriously thinking of completely restarting with a fresh playthrough as I wasn't happy how I had been progressing with my strategy. Now I'm back in the groove with the game again I should fare better if I restart.

Perhaps.

Sweet, finally got a response from Modbot. To show good will and not scamming anybody, I'm putting Don't Starve. The damage to my rep has already been done. Don't thank me, Thank Brute.

Not for me and I have no reason to disbelieve what you said to me in PM.

No, I just left it in my inventory that's what I usually do when I get new games. I didn't even know I won, I always miss the pm highlight on the top. In fact, I wasn't aware there was a mini witchhunt until I was informed with a link.

I do that all the time.

As far as I'm concerned it was an unfortunate misunderstanding and hope we can all put it behind us and get back to normal.

Ezra2680

I'm assuming here it was a webbased trade-gift link like Rh gave me yesterday? I think Modbot should probably disallow those (but I guess Stump does it so it's easier for the sake of the new Humble Bundle gift link system) for the sake of keys only themselves.

Maybe make the Modbot giveaway auto parse a link in those cases to where users have to still manually enter the key to where it's auto-added to their library instead of their inventory like normal gift copies.

But eh... I don't have a particular horse in this race/drama.

I'm not sure something like that would be possible? And without gift links people can't give away games they buy on steam

Happy New Year!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome -- MB-3DA048D91A3BADB6 - Taken by Intheflorsh. 4 entrants total.
Gemini Rue -- MB-5AD2DEBF92EA1810 - Taken by NotSelf. 4 entrants total.
Jack Lumber -- MB-2ABDDDC468C06830 - Taken by RS4-. 6 entrants total.
Little Inferno -- MB-96781F89799D0BDE - Taken by Kabouter. 2 entrants total.

t1388524321z1.png

Radio

Well, obviously. But when I'm in a city that doesn't show wells/etc. to me on the map? How the hell am I supposed to "zero in" on the general area for myself? Seems damn near impossible for new players to actually find where in the general area they are with zombies and bandits roaming around freely.

There will be a sign along the road when you enter a city or town that has its name (it'll be in Russian), then you just have to find it on the map.

hohoXD123

I'll pick the winner in 1 hour

STOP! GIVEAWAY TIME!
Another member on here had a pretty good idea for a giveaway so I hope he doesn't mind me stealing it ;) I am giving away Papers, Please. To enter, add me to your friends list, profile is below, and send me a PM on here with your steam name as the subject, if you don't send the PM, you won't be eligible. You must have Papers, Please in your wishlist and it must have been added before today. In a few hours I'll pick one of you at random and gift you the game. Good luck.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006636576/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom